XPO | overtime

bud man

TB Lurker
Credits
you crab about over time pay over and over and I just get sick of it there is plenty of guys that would work 10hr days straight pay with an alternativie day off ,please look at this fed ex freight does this and I think it is a good idea, alternate the days monday than tuesday than wed. thurs. fri. than fourdays off. just do it

Personally, I would like that. But I also understand this would not be enjoyed by many. I imagine larger terminals could allow options thru the bid process, and we certainly don't need to structure it like FedEx.

Conway could also lower the carbon footprint emitted by its employees by 20% due to the elimination of 1 trip to work a week. A real plus is in gas savings and potentialy long weekends. If needed a 5th day, the costs to Conway would be at time and a half.

I know what you are talking about. I simply provided something more for our leaders to chew on. Just another comment in a forum that strives to generate comments. You never know where these things can go at truckingboards.com.

Interesting line of reasoning here. So then, if we only worked say, one day per week, say Wednesday, for example, we could significantly reduce the carbon footprint of the company, and therefore the country's dependence on foreign oil imports. We could even change our name to the One Day A Week freight company. Management wouldn't be so wound up about Overtime all the time. And the customers would never be confused about when something was going to deliver, we deliver on wednesday, pick up your freight sir? no problem , be wednesday. You know, I just had a revelation, what if we didn't pickup or deliver the freight at all? No trucks on the road, equals no carbon footprint whatsoever......no body would have to buy gas to get back and forth to work, because, there would be no work......a significant reduction in green house gas emissions, this is significant, where on earth did I put Al Gore's email address........:hysterical:

I mean work 4, 10 hour days with o/t after 10hrs. alternate the days off each week so theres no seniority issue.Mon. the first week, tues. the 2nd week, wed. the 3rd week, thur. the 4th week and fri. the 5th week. than a 4 day weekend with monday off and start the cycle again.when freight flow gets to heavy go back to 5 day work week its a win win situation I now for afact our guys at xbd would go for it. No lay offs for the bottom guys.