ODFL | Overtime

I think that's blowing it out of peroration about making it a felony to be union. I think that choosing a candidate only on their union beliefs does no one any good. I understand that's an important item to you, but what about the rest of the items to consider a candidate on? I would have written that decision differently, however I realize that I will not agree with everything they do. I honestly believe the unions are their own worst enemies.

Here is a little glimpse as to why I am not interested in the union, I went through the Oak Harbor strike about 10 years ago, I did not work for Oak Harbor but know 3 people who did or still do, I can tell you the way the union members acted did not benefit anyone at all. That is where I made my decision to stay as far away from unions as possible. One example, I have a good friend that crossed the line to work because he had to provide for his family, you said join the union to better provide for your family (I paraphrased), he had to get security for his family, the police had assigned a car at his house, his wife and kids were harassed and stalked by his "brothers" and he wasn't the only one. He had his reasons, good reasons, to cross and his "brothers" wanted him dead, their words. Never once did his "brothers" take the time to ask why he crossed (a lot knew) and offer him more assistance during the strike. He was actually for the strike, he did vote no because he know he would be a scab.
Did it ever occur to you or him that some of his brothers had the same issues he did, but decided to stand strong? I’m not advocating violence but, you can’t make your pal out to be a prince while vilifying others.

Did it ever occur to you or him that some of his brothers had the same issues he did, but decided to stand strong? I’m not advocating violence but, you can’t make your pal out to be a prince while vilifying others.
When ya cross the line your prolonging the strike . When ya cross you sacrifice nothing and when the strike is over ya get everything that those who did sacrifice get . Some will say that they cross because they need insurance for lets say a very sick spouse or child . The union will cary you for a given amount of time for insurance (at least ours did or still does ).

Never once did I say he was a prince, your reply is part of the problem. Your comment advocates violence, stand strong at the expense of your family?... I'm a better man than that, my family doesn't make sacrifices. Plus your just as bad as his "brothers", you don't even bother to care what his reasons were, and trust me good ones. The union advocates violence, history speaks for itself. I'm done with the union talk, I know where you stand and you know where I stand. Please have the last word, Good day.

Never once did I say he was a prince, your reply is part of the problem. Your comment advocates violence, stand strong at the expense of your family?... I'm a better man than that, my family doesn't make sacrifices. Plus your just as bad as his "brothers", you don't even bother to care what his reasons were, and trust me good ones. The union advocates violence, history speaks for itself. I'm done with the union talk, I know where you stand and you know where I stand. Please have the last word, Good day.
Did you miss the part where I said I don't advocate violence? What makes somebody that stands on a picket line a bad guy because he believes a little sacrifice now is better for his family in the long run? What makes him a bad guy because he has a different view than you?

I am an attorney that specializes in overtime claims under the FLSA. I was recently contacted by an Old Dominion Freight Line switcher who has a case for unpaid overtime. I would be happy to speak with you or any other witnesses who may have seen unfair pay practices such as not paying overtime, which may be relevant to our case. I can be reached at (678) 330-2909, and my website is overtimeclaimslawyer.com.

Brandon Thomas
Soliciting for business on here. What’s next?

Not to get political but this is something that the right wing of the supreme court gave the workers . More are on there way ,Trump could appoint at least two more . With that kinda power whats to say that the supreme wouldn't make it a felony to join unions ? It's not going to be good for the nonunion either especially for the unions. Its going to be a rough ride for the next forty years .
Right, because the Democrats have never used the Supreme Court to advance their agenda!

Its partly a ploy, Billy is 1 person and has seniority to get a longer route. I have talked to a few drivers from other terminals (also a city driver that recently transferred from SEA) in WA as well as TM's. They do actively try to keep OT low, it is not a free for all on hours like it is at no OT terminals. However some routes will get it no matter what you do. Don't get me wrong OD can afford and should pay OT and allow drivers to get it.

If I were hourly I wouldn’t care if I actually made more, spending a little less time at work due to their aim to lower overtime would be fine by me.

Has anyone heard of od paying overtime in the near future before your 60. Seems like wishfull thinking but heard a few rumors not only in my terminal but from other drivers wanting to work for OD.
FXF gets OT after 8 each day or after 40.

I was thinking of applying to OD till I found out about the OT policy.

FXF gets OT after 8 each day or after 40.

I was thinking of applying to OD till I found out about the OT policy.

I was originally hired as line, went city and then back to line. OD CAN and SHOULD pay OT. However I knew that they did not pay OT when I hired on, I agreed to it, end of story! Any cry baby that wants to sue needs to just quit! With that said I have worked for other LTL companies and, for me, OD is the best, sorry UMP. I am already out of the will so whatever! I am actually glad you chose not to come over as I can see you work with blinders on.

I was originally hired as line, went city and then back to line. OD CAN and SHOULD pay OT. However I knew that they did not pay OT when I hired on, I agreed to it, end of story! Any cry baby that wants to sue needs to just quit! With that said I have worked for other LTL companies and, for me, OD is the best, sorry UMP. I am already out of the will so whatever! I am actually glad you chose not to come over as I can see you work with blinders on.

We've always had blinders on our mules, why would you think Ump wouldn't have them on his goats?

When ya cross the line your prolonging the strike . When ya cross you sacrifice nothing and when the strike is over ya get everything that those who did sacrifice get . Some will say that they cross because they need insurance for lets say a very sick spouse or child . The union will cary you for a given amount of time for insurance (at least ours did or still does ).
Really? What about the union companies like NW were? They worked through a strike and settled for what ever the contract came out to be.

We've always had blinders on our mules, why would you think Ump wouldn't have them on his goats?
I think it has something to do with the shape of the pupils of their eyes or some :shhit: like that...
Ump has to wear the blinders. The goats eyes hypnotize poor Ump and make him do things.....unspeakable things.....