SEFL | P&D bid

Are there any service centers that have a bid for p&d routes?
They say they only bid on start times in P&D, although I've never seen a bid done, but it gives management the option to put a slacker on a gravy run so he can get his freight off and a work horse on the more difficult runs to make their numbers look good. Always remember, at SEFL, the harder you work the harder they make it on you. Wish I knew this when I first started.

They say they only bid on start times in P&D, although I've never seen a bid done, but it gives management the option to put a slacker on a gravy run so he can get his freight off and a work horse on the more difficult runs to make their numbers look good. Always remember, at SEFL, the harder you work the harder they make it on you. Wish I knew this when I first started.

My thoughts exactly. The lazy are rewarded while the hard working are punished.

They also work us like rented mules around here and take advantage of the fact that they don't have to pay overtime and then complain when our on the job injuries are at record numbers. The fact of the matter is, they have Management in their early twenties who are still wet behind the ears and don't understand the adverse effects of working an aging workforce to the brink.

Last edited:
Favoritism here is denied even though it's visible and obvious to anyone looking. There is a youth movement here exactly because they are new to the industry and will do whatever the vp says to climb the ladder. Whomever helps the local leadership get their numbers while saying yes sir to everything asked, even if unsafe, gets more hours or a lighter load or gets off early etc I guess leaders think we are stupid and can't possibly figure it out or they just don't care if we notice as long as sdi returns positive

They want the "aging" part of the workforce to leave. It's why they are mistreated. What these idiot young drivers don't look at is that one day They will be older and discarded just as easily

They want the "aging" part of the workforce to leave. It's why they are mistreated. What these idiot young drivers don't look at is that one day They will be older and discarded just as easily

You can't tell them otherwise. It just falls on deaf ears. It's so cliquish here its pathetic.

I'm hearing from friends that work there that p&d seinority may not determine if you get an open linehaul position anymore. It will be the terminal managers decision based on terminal staffing needs. Can anyone confirm this?

Wouldn't surprise me though, there seems to be a push on for youthful employees at the expense of the older guys that got sefl where it is. What do I mean by this? Only start times are bid out in p&d which means that older guys can be given routes that only a young man can be successful at

If that doesn't make sense to you it's because you don't work here and don't understand the type of freight we haul or the heavy stop volume expected

Sefl was once a small company that cared, but now is another large corporation with college grads trying to climb the ladder by doing whatever is necessary to achieve the numbers that will get them there. In other words, it's just like the rest of corporate America

I'm hearing from friends that work there that p&d seinority may not determine if you get an open linehaul position anymore. It will be the terminal managers decision based on terminal staffing needs. Can anyone confirm this?

I friend of mine had it happen to him , they wouldn't let him go to line haul. They gave it to the newest city driver because he was so slow. The time before that they said you had to do p&d for a year before you could go to line haul. He finally took my advice and left, running line haul for Pitt-Ohio. He doesn't miss SEFL, nor do I now that I think of it