XPO | P&d Pay Raise, Lh Paycut

Personally, I feel if they had just turn the trucks up to 67mph it would have been fine. It may not sound like much, but it would have given us the ability to get past other trucks stuck at 65 as well as getting past other vehicles cars, campers etc. Also, it would have given just the right amount of extra power when starting to climb grades. Now as said in previous post, were going back to turtle racing...everyone grab your number when exiting the gate, let the fun begin, it's going to be a gas....

Personally, I feel if they had just turn the trucks up to 67mph it would have been fine. It may not sound like much, but it would have given us the ability to get past other trucks stuck at 65 as well as getting past other vehicles cars, campers etc. Also, it would have given just the right amount of extra power when starting to climb grades. Now as said in previous post, were going back to turtle racing...everyone grab your number when exiting the gate, let the fun begin, it's going to be a gas....

Just happy they didn't go all the way back to 62 mph. And there isn't any reason they can't make these things pull a hill. Or do what some other companies do. Give a time limited speed boost. One minute of 70 mph every hour. So that you could pass a slow mover.

I wonder how many of these high speed crashes happened in rain. And if they have even considered that it's the damn tires ? I know we keep telling them it's the tires. But we all know. Don't nobody listen or care what any driver has to say.

That clutch pedal will help you get away from the other 65 mph traffic when you bump off the cruise and slow down for a few miles, or just pull off somewhere and take a break.

Maybe LH drivers should be paid by the hour.....then road speed wouldn't be an issue.:flame:

That's how UPS does it. And they are the ones that come up with the Smith system that we use. And they are all safety. All the time. Maybe they could emulate UPS more ?

And of course. The communist nation formerly known as California outlawed mileage pay. And they have several places where the 4 wheels can do as much as 70 and the trucks are still limited to 55 and even 45 mph.

That's how UPS does it. And they are the ones that come up with the Smith system that we use. And they are all safety. All the time. Maybe they could emulate UPS more ?

And of course. The communist nation formerly known as California outlawed mileage pay. And they have several places where the 4 wheels can do as much as 70 and the trucks are still limited to 55 and even 45 mph.
The road drivers would be complaining more about that than the speed reduction!!!

The road drivers would be complaining more about that than the speed reduction!!!

I mean. Some of this is just stupid is as stupid does. Some of this is poorly devised work. Of course drivers want to make as much money as possible. And there are some that really chase every penny.

Of course the company wants to do a bunch of shell game idiocy. Like putting every trailer in the door. Gotta add something to everything. Don't care how full it is.

But the simple truth is this. If the company paid the drivers to slow down. They would. And if it didn't cost the drivers anything to slow down. They would.

But the company tries to rob everyone at every turn. Like making your hourly pay divide by 100 instead of 60 to create fractions of pennies to pocket. And so the employees take advantage of every opportunity.

It's the corporate office that creates this atmosphere. And they are directly responsible for the results.

I mean. Some of this is just stupid is as stupid does. Some of this is poorly devised work. Of course drivers want to make as much money as possible. And there are some that really chase every penny.

Of course the company wants to do a bunch of shell game idiocy. Like putting every trailer in the door. Gotta add something to everything. Don't care how full it is.

But the simple truth is this. If the company paid the drivers to slow down. They would. And if it didn't cost the drivers anything to slow down. They would.

But the company tries to rob everyone at every turn. Like making your hourly pay divide by 100 instead of 60 to create fractions of pennies to pocket. And so the employees take advantage of every opportunity.

It's the corporate office that creates this atmosphere. And they are directly responsible for the results.
They would just take the run time and multiply it times their hourly rate... road drivers would lose thousands, but the company would save millions.

They would just take the run time and multiply it times their hourly rate... road drivers would lose thousands, but the company would save millions.

And they would have to sub out the entirety of line haul. As literally no one would do it for that. They can't get people to do it for what they want to pay now.

And they would have to sub out the entirety of line haul. As literally no one would do it for that. They can't get people to do it for what they want to pay now.
VNomics. If the speed can be controlled by turning the windshield wipers on an off , let it be controlled by your company driving record.

If you put your employee number in the VNomics and you don't have any marks against you then BLAST OFF at 70mph! One mark 65mph. 2 marks 62mph. Quit punishing the people that have been responsible and upstanding.

VNomics. If the speed can be controlled by turning the windshield wipers on an off , let it be controlled by your company driving record.

If you put your employee number in the VNomics and you don't have any marks against you then BLAST OFF at 70mph! One mark 65mph. 2 marks 62mph. Quit punishing the people that have been responsible and upstanding.

Again, a good idea. Nobody capable of changing anything will listen to.

Well you know they HAVE to treat everyone equally except for that whole OT thing

It must be so horrible getting paid for all your time at work in california

Again, a good idea. Nobody capable of changing anything will listen to.
I know we'll never know for sure , but how much money do you think was blown on special software to link the cruise control , windshield wipers , and the engine together - then turn around and scrap it all.

Last edited:
I know we'll never know for sure , but how much money do you think was blown on special software to link the cruise control , windshield wipers , and the engine together - then turn around and screp it all.

Doesn't matter. All this company does is ruin things. They cost themselves more than they will ever realize that they spend. This isn't a freight company. It's an accounting company. Each division hiding it's bad numbers in the other.

A good point. Maybe they did okay with that thought. Would have to ask a line haul driver in California how it effected the weekly and yearly pay.
I bet they take their time going back and forth. No money in being in a hurry.

On the other side , management should be doing everything under the sun to get them off the clock.

I bet they take their time going back and forth. No money in being in a hurry.

On the other side , management should be doing everything under the sun to get them off the clock.
I hear california has heavy traffic ,dont plan on going there although most people who move there stay there , must be the weather