R&L | P&D

White

Banned
Credits
General question. Northern, rural terminal. I’m Linehaul at S*** in a city. Work dock, do swaps, have done volume & grocery warehouse. Twenty years wheeling beverages as well. I figure easy, peasy-lot of hourly windshield time. What say you?

Residentials give me concern. Who promised what, etc
Just know your company’s policies and quote them to customer when asked to do something unsafe. Worked every time for me. Ex... sefl lift gate policy is curbside only; no driveways. Customer would both beg and threaten and I really didn’t care bc I knew the policy and that my tm would stand behind me.
I refused to go down roads that I considered unsafe. What are they going to do, fire you? Companies can’t buy drivers right now so they gonna leave you alone.

Last edited:
Just know your company’s policies and quote them to customer when asked to do something unsafe. Worked every time for me. Ex... sefl lift gate policy is curbside only; no driveways. Customer would both beg and threaten and I really didn’t care bc I knew the policy and that my tm would stand behind me.
I refused to go down roads that I considered unsafe. What are they going to do, fire you? Companies can’t buy drivers right now so they gonna leave you alone.
Perfect world, I would agree. Unfortunately, one example in Maxipad on T-Force staff. He’ll break the rules for a chick or a tip(admitting it’s against policy). Same guy Personal Conveys to get Line miles. All this from a T(me)aster. One guy on TB=1000’s on the street.

Perfect world, I would agree. Unfortunately, one example in Maxipad on T-Force staff. He’ll break the rules for a chick or a tip(admitting it’s against policy). Same guy Personal Conveys to get Line miles. All this from a T(me)aster. One guy on TB=1000’s on the street.
Guys like that everywhere. I do me and if they don’t like it then replace me. I’ll be ok. And driving elsewhere a few days later

R&L is the only place I know that a city driver makes more than a linehaul driver
Not even close to true, especially now with their new rate increase. Line haul is dependent on how far you go, what you do when you get there and whether you work the dock if its a break bulk. As city drivers, we are under just about every competitor as far as hourly rate is concerned and while every other has some for of time and a half, R+L continues to have nothing.

Not even close to true, especially now with their new rate increase. Line haul is dependent on how far you go, what you do when you get there and whether you work the dock if its a break bulk. As city drivers, we are under just about every competitor as far as hourly rate is concerned and while every other has some for of time and a half, R+L continues to have nothing.
Still buying your own pallet jacks? If I understand correctly, from here on TB, that was a thing?

How much ?
So if I buy it and somebody takes it and frys it how it that handled S434 ?
We lock all our equipment up but generally, while swiping someone's regular jack might happen, the electric jacks are known to be purchased by someone and left alone. That said, while Im out on injury, mine is locked up and the fuse is pulled. The minimum charge per week out of your pay is 25 bucks a week. The total cost is 3700.

We lock all our equipment up but generally, while swiping someone's regular jack might happen, the electric jacks are known to be purchased by someone and left alone. That said, while Im out on injury, mine is locked up and the fuse is pulled. The minimum charge per week out of your pay is 25 bucks a week. The total cost is 3700.
I know I'm old. But why in the name of God would you buy equipment to make things easier for the company? If you need an electric pallet jack instead of the manual version maybe this work isn't for you. I have pulled pallets to the tail with a hand truck more times than I care to think about. Wasn't fun then would be worse now, but screw these morons, spend my money to make their job easier, no f$$$##g way. When I punched in I made their pathetic jobs easier. And to Smokes point, just a matter of time when you show up and your investment is nowhere to be found . Arrggghhh

I know I'm old. But why in the name of God would you buy equipment to make things easier for the company? If you need an electric pallet jack instead of the manual version maybe this work isn't for you. I have pulled pallets to the tail with a hand truck more times than I care to think about. Wasn't fun then would be worse now, but screw these morons, spend my money to make their job easier, no f$$$##g way. When I punched in I made their pathetic jobs easier. And to Smokes point, just a matter of time when you show up and your investment is nowhere to be found . Arrggghhh
Bent many a handtruck blade pulling pallets one corner at a time especially on those wooden floor trailers.

Who said anything about making it easier for the company? It was mine and the coworkers who also bought them choices to buy them. I bought mine to make my workday easier as I'm getting older and don't really have a desire to break anymore parts of my body for LTL freight but have many years left before retiring.

Because the company won’t buy it. Get your own or work at a company that offers more. I went with more and have no interest in going back to ltl.

I just hired on in Feburary, I was told if I stayed for 6 months they would stop taking the payments out for my pallet jack and refund all the deductions already taken out...seemed like a good deal!