R&L | P&D

Gotta ask. If one leaves the company, what happens to your jack? Sell it to a coworker or take it home and let it take up space in the garage?

Most guys I know, have sold to a newer driver where the manual jacks are concerned. No one that has bought an electric jack has left yet so I can't really tell you how that's going to work out but I've been told that if you haven't completed buying it, the company will just keep it if you don't pay it off.

We lock all our equipment up but generally, while swiping someone's regular jack might happen, the electric jacks are known to be purchased by someone and left alone. That said, while Im out on injury, mine is locked up and the fuse is pulled. The minimum charge per week out of your pay is 25 bucks a week. The total cost is 3700.
The company would cut my chain on my personal hand truck and 4 wheel dolly I made to use them , then they disappeared all tougher and Mr. TM did know nothing about it , jag....

The company would cut my chain on my personal hand truck and 4 wheel dolly I made to use them , then they disappeared all tougher and Mr. TM did know nothing about it , jag....
Expecting a manager to manage. With your experience? PM me to mail me some that stuff.

Our parking lot now has a lot of new cars. Line drivers, large number of them went out that week we got our raises and bought new 50- and 60-thousand-dollar cars.
They can afford it making an extra 250 or more a week. Us guys on the city can barely buy a tank of gas a week with our increase.

They can afford it making an extra 250 or more a week. Us guys on the city can barely buy a tank of gas a week with our increase.
What makes it worse. A city driver at top pay here makes 1586.00 on a 50 hr week. Line driver running a 50hr week makes 2225 a week 2556. more a month than the city driver. Or you can look at it this way. 10 hr day 317.20 City driver. one of the day line runs pays 445 on a 10 turn. Line trailers are also loaded first before loading city trailers. Our newly hired line drivers don't even fuel up till they come in at night. Then complain that the city driver did not fuel his tractor. I was standing there one day and said A Hole he uses maybe 15 20 gallons. Fuel your tractor and then complain if he does not top it off. In fact, I am going to use your tractor today and not fueling it.

Not even close to true, especially now with their new rate increase. Line haul is dependent on how far you go, what you do when you get there and whether you work the dock if its a break bulk. As city drivers, we are under just about every competitor as far as hourly rate is concerned and while every other has some for of time and a half, R+L continues to have nothing.
Depends on the terminal methinks

We aint got many big dollar linehaul runs, only like 3 and they all day runs. The night guys here dont run that many miles

I do more miles on my peddle in a regular day than it is to the nearest 4 terminals and back so 11-12 hours for me is about normal. Only a couple linehaul runs here payin more than that