PA Reports speeding truck crashes at all time high.

Well their you go this is a good example for not putting all of your trust in what is reported on the internet.
Thanks for your input on this topic Skidmark.
I might just dump this thread after this week,only on your words as someone who lives in the area of the origin station of this report.

I do value the opinions of most (TB) members who come for a look at this forum.

Everything I do here is for the safety of every commercial driver on this message board.

Well their you go this is a good example for not putting all of your trust in what is reported on the internet.
I might just dump this thread after this week,only on your words as someone who lives in the area of the origin station of this report.

Everything I do here is for the safety of every commercial driver on this message board.

No reason to dump it.
In my opinion, we are reporting awareness, being safe and learning from it.
Unfortunately, this results in having to read someone else's unfortunate situations.

People who do not like reading this area should not click on any link. This is not some sort of fetish, this is the negative side of trucking both preventable and non-preventable.

Apo....Keep On Truckin' in here!

Nobody works harder than APO at trying to help you guys and gals stay safe while reporting on the sometimes dark side of our profession. He always maintains a high standard of professionalism, and never makes light of anyones misfortune. We are lucky to have him. Great job as alway APO.:clap:

Thank you for your kind remarks TheBigR.
Yes once a safety trainer always safety trainer.

When I retired from UPS Freight I decided to come to the truckingboards Truck Accident Forum bringing my years of experence,and tips on being safe as professional drivers need to be.
To post the negative side of the trucking industry, so all who come to this forum would be aware of what will happen if they are not focused on what they are doing.
Even for as little as a split second,can take a nasty turn,and change your life,or even lose it,along with those driving around you.

I have the moto of:
"Please stay focused on your driving.
Do Not become a name that is posted on a crash report"!

You know that driving too slow can be just as dangerous as driving too fast. Therefore keep speed with those around you and everyone should be a lot safer.

I think the Topic and the Thread are good.But I feel after witnessing the entitled link and having it come to our Trucking Board site was shady. I think it is good to keep the line of communication and exchange of ideas open. But to have those posts be basically viewed by the anti Trucking folks makes me a bit hesitant to post here.....

Speeding ? ? ? What's speeding

I liked the old AZ speed law years ago: Reasonable and proper for conditions.

Clean dry pavement, good rubber, well maintained rig, experienced driver alert and rested, its all relative.

Poor conditions, stormy, longhaul ending, its risky.

I ran out of Haines City, FL going to Mpls/St Paul. Hit bad weather and snow at Keokuk,IA. Pulled in a truckstop at Cedar Rapids, shut her down and stepped out to go in and eat. Fell flat of my azz on the ice on the ground there. Did not know it until then, tho 3 drivers meeting me had their cab lights on and were swishin their hands around. I took it to be up and down for scales. I was legal and no one weighs roadside in snowstorm.

A couple of old sayings:
Relax, you are riding with the best driver that ever hit slick ice.
I was running 65 when he past me with them tires singing graveyard bound.

HMMM some old reliable sayings as a UPS Freight safety trainer living in cold,and snowy upstate New York.

My favorte was "The faster it snows,the slower I goes!"

My next favorte I used a lot was"Its faster to drive according to Road conditions.
Than it is to wait for the tow truck and fill out the crash reports"

Anytime you try to go beyond your own better judgment of anything your doing thats when you can really get yourself in a jam.

The faster it snows The faster I pick up the phone and call in sick.

Ain't that the truth?

Out here in sunny Kalifornia, if the Chippies even _"think"_ it's going to snow, it's "chain control" time.

Then all the Swift Boyz are outside with no frakking cold gear on, freezing to death and asking "how you chain a rig up"?

I'm getting too old for this crap every year!

HMMM some old reliable sayings as a UPS Freight safety trainer living in cold,and snowy upstate New York.

My favorte was "The faster it snows,the slower I goes!"

My next favorte I used a lot was"Its faster to drive according to Road conditions.
Than it is to wait for the tow truck and fill out the crash reports"

Anytime you try to go beyond your own better judgment of anything your doing thats when you can really get yourself in a jam.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Truer words were never written!!

I guess the anti-trucking @ssholes on "Stopspeedingtrucks.org" love seeing stuff like this. The site uses this very thread as a link entitled "The Latest Truck Atrocities in PA and beyond" -"Trucking Accident Bulletin Board"- .The guy who started the blog is Carl Silverman. He often call's in to a Local Harrisburg Talk show and speaks alot of anti-trucking rhetoric. Often times he speaks on his opinion without facts or any attempt to be objective on trucking accidents. His comments are often offensive and arrogant. Just thought you might want to watch your comments as to not fuel this groups so-called fire. By the looks of their blog it doesn't see a whole lot of action.....

Its like with the anti-gun (⊙▃⊙)'s. This guy probably doesn't have much going on in his life so he picks on drivers like us. I don't have the time to even care what he thinks, like he is going to stop people from shopping which is what would happen if we all shut down tomorrow.

He was never a driver, so what does he know?

Nada. Zip. Nothing. He can go pound sand, for all I care.

Its like with the anti-gun (⊙▃⊙)'s. This guy probably doesn't have much going on in his life so he picks on drivers like us. I don't have the time to even care what he thinks, like he is going to stop people from shopping which is what would happen if we all shut down tomorrow.

He was never a driver, so what does he know?

Nada. Zip. Nothing. He can go pound sand, for all I care.

I guess my problem is that he is linking to Topic and giving it a sarcastic title... Also I this is how bad trucking legislation starts. Anti trucking groups lobby and then we end up with legislation made up by people that never have been in a truck !

My truck spends alot of time in cowdung. Which is quite similar to maneuvering in an unplowed wharehouse parking lot. Snow and dung combined make for a long day. But i usually have 100 cubic yards of Animal Bedding to use as traction....

Explain exess speed to the Fed Ex Ground Driver who wrecked his truck in the rain this morning on 95 s this morning truck gone frt late or damaged only hit jersey barrier all for what???

My truck spends alot of time in cowdung. Which is quite similar to maneuvering in an unplowed wharehouse parking lot. Snow and dung combined make for a long day. But i usually have 100 cubic yards of Animal Bedding to use as traction....

Skidmark,
Do you haul cattle in and from feedlots?

Skidmark,
Do you haul cattle in and from feedlots?
I haul Woodshavings and Ground Wood Products for animal bedding, on a walking floor trailer. I do mostly dairy farms,but we service all forms of agriculture and horse stables in PA,NJ, and MD........How bout you Oleguy ???

I haul Woodshavings and Ground Wood Products for animal bedding, on a walking floor trailer. I do mostly dairy farms,but we service all forms of agriculture and horse stables in PA,NJ, and MD........How bout you Oleguy ???

I needed you 55 years ago. Hauled stocker cattle north from MS, AL, to feedlots in IN and IL. Fat cattle back out of St Louis, MO and Omaha,NE.
Moved a lot of big Holstiens dairy cows from WI south to Mimai, FL.
Ran double decks of veal calves into Waterloo, IA and loaded double decks
of fat hogs from St Louis, MO back home.

We once were privelaged to convoy 8 or 10 loads of various breeds of registered dairy stock from S. Lebanon, OH to Veracruz, Mexico for the Mexican government. Real trip. 2271 loaded miles down at .05 per loaded mile.
Not a big paycheck, but an education for a 24 year old single man....
Took 1 month and 3 days as I recall. I picked up something somewhere in south TX on way back for a few more $.

That V205 IH and that black 34' Fruehauf trailer in the avatar made that trip.

Dem wuz de days LOL :) :)