R&L | Pallet Jacks; Manual Or Electric?

Really good advice and information.
The nearest ABF terminal is way too far from where I live to make the drive every day.
then move closer....remember this.....however many years you were in you are allowed out. Take a withdrawal card for sure. even if you owe a couple months dues bud. Be smart. R+L gives you a paycheck and what 25 cents on the dollar? Pallet jacks aren't worth giving up on your future AND your golden years. NOT even an electric jack is worth that. Check in to other union companies where you are. Ready Mixed concrete....car haulers....please....I guess that multi million dollar tax break trump gave these companies has made them so greedy they can't buy us 150.00 pallet jacks,,,,,nothing...a tax write off.....shadow our mod is just a spoke in the wheel. He likes...maybe loves R+L....it's a job....I am ok with how he feels. I know one thing.....I have more than R+L could ever give me nor would they want to. It's just a matter of time until organized labor gets back on track......and hopefully it will be sooner than later before you are forced to buy another pallet jack that R*L paid for for Sanger Texas.

then move closer....remember this.....however many years you were in you are allowed out. Take a withdrawal card for sure. even if you owe a couple months dues bud. Be smart. R+L gives you a paycheck and what 25 cents on the dollar? Pallet jacks aren't worth giving up on your future AND your golden years. NOT even an electric jack is worth that. Check in to other union companies where you are. Ready Mixed concrete....car haulers....please....I guess that multi million dollar tax break trump gave these companies has made them so greedy they can't buy us 150.00 pallet jacks,,,,,nothing...a tax write off.....shadow our mod is just a spoke in the wheel. He likes...maybe loves R+L....it's a job....I am ok with how he feels. I know one thing.....I have more than R+L could ever give me nor would they want to. It's just a matter of time until organized labor gets back on track......and hopefully it will be sooner than later before you are forced to buy another pallet jack that R*L paid for for Sanger Texas.

The pensions these union companies have are an excellent benefit, but only a handful of private companies even offer a pension anymore and as less companies pay into pensions, they’re left to be supported by the remaining companies and bailouts. I’ve had relatives who have had their pensions slashed, and there are many more that are headed for insolvency. You can no longer depend on that pension to be there when you need it, it’s no longer a sure thing.

The pensions these union companies have are an excellent benefit, but only a handful of private companies even offer a pension anymore and as less companies pay into pensions, they’re left to be supported by the remaining companies and bailouts. I’ve had relatives who have had their pensions slashed, and there are many more that are headed for insolvency. You can no longer depend on that pension to be there when you need it, it’s no longer a sure thing.
It is guaranteed by the pension guarantee of America. Government progra.

PBGC is underfunded in both single and multi employer funds and may not last out the coming decade. That's the problem with defined benefit vs defined contribution plans.
You’re correct that it’s underfunded, and I agree with you that it won’t last; very likely it will go BK within the next couple of years.

PBGC is underfunded in both single and multi employer funds and may not last out the coming decade. That's the problem with defined benefit vs defined contribution plans.
The United States Government will continue to print the money and guarantee those pensions just like social security. I'm not going to ramble on off topic....just get back to something union while you can.....

Nobody;
I couldn’t agree with you more in regards to the importance of organized labor; I have been a member of the Painter’s Union since 1988. I’m already collecting a pension from them. I’m 58 now and I’m still not quite ready to retire so trucking it is; no more construction for me.
I know this sounds pessimistic, but the battle is over; corporations have won unconditionally over both our government and the actual people themselves, and the last few vestiges of unions are going away. Sad but true.

Last edited:
You’re correct that it’s underfunded, and I agree with you that it won’t last; very likely it will go BK within the next couple of years.
Come on amigo....the eastern conference is so pro union that fund will stay solvent for years...along with the western conference....central states has demolished their fund. I don't want to say too much about myself but let's put it this way....I couldn't work at R+L if it were union. nuff said

The United States Government will continue to print the money and guarantee those pensions just like social security. I'm not going to ramble on off topic....just get back to something union while you can.....
The United States government does not print our money; our money is printed by a privately owned ‘bank’ known as the Federal Reserve.

BTW; even our Social Security is in trouble; remember back in ‘06 when then president Bush was pushing for the entire retirement program to be handed over to the banks so that the entire fund could be ‘invested’? The proposal did not quite succeed, and thank our lucky stars that it didn’t... the crash in ‘08 would have wiped out the entire fund, resulting in absolutely no Social Security benefits for anyone, ever again. We were literally that close.

My point here is that the big banks and corporations really, really want all that huge chunk of Social Security money, and they are doing everything possible to get it.

Come on amigo....the eastern conference is so pro union that fund will stay solvent for years...along with the western conference....central states has demolished their fund. I don't want to say too much about myself but let's put it this way....I couldn't work at R+L if it were union. nuff said
You are correct. I’m an ABF retiree that’s in the Western Conference Pension Plan. I’m drawing a sizable monthly benefit after 25 years service. Our fund has been in the ‘green zone’ for as long as I can remember. Last I heard, we were almost 93% funded, which is astounding in this day and age. Some Teamster Pension plans are in trouble, some are doing quite well. Cross your fingers.

Don’t like them lectric ones. Too many oddball skids it won’t fit in. Batteries is pricy too. Battery kaputs then you stuck with a 300+ lb boat anchor to trip over all day. If I can’t move it with a pump jack and a block of wood I ain’t messin with it.

Best brand of pump jacks is a Crown.
You are correct about Crown. Used to work there in Indy. Smooth hydro & some models were like a NASCAR floor jack. 1 or 2 pumps & you were ready to roll. von.

The United States government does not print our money; our money is printed by a privately owned ‘bank’ known as the Federal Reserve.
and just like social security your check will be printed....look at it this way son....My pension in worst case scenario will go down some....but if I had not already collected about 350K from the pension fund I might feel slighted. I won't feel that. I have won the battle. Even UPS still has union affiliation....when you all grow some damn balls you will bring the union in for a vote.....Then you might smell the coffee and realize you don't need to buy a jack.....kind of like the Sanger Texas terminal

You are correct. I’m an ABF retiree that’s in the Western Conference Pension Plan. I’m drawing a sizable monthly benefit after 25 years service. Our fund has been in the ‘green zone’ for as long as I can remember. Last I heard, we were almost 93% funded, which is astounding in this day and age. Some Teamster Pension plans are in trouble, some are doing quite well. Cross your fingers.
you pay attention....I like that....like I said since 06 I have collected 350k. A lot more than 25 cent on my dollar.....

you pay attention....I like that....like I said since 06 I have collected 350k. A lot more than 25 cent on my dollar.....
And, boy, had you been paying attention, you would have realized that our Supreme Court, our current Presidential administration, nearly all our Federal judges, and the vast majority of our congress.... all being fueled, supported, financed, backed....and controlled by all the large corporations are all steadfastly, earnestly, wholeheartedly and unconditionally.... anti-union.
This supersedes any pro-union stance by any conference, be it west or east.... or somewheres in between.

It’s just a matter of time and all the ‘hero talk’ in cyber space won’t do a thing to change what’s coming.
Not for the next couple of generations anyway.

I know, it’s probably just my Borderline Personality meter kicking in here but;
This guy jumps at any chance he can get to tell us of all his magical accomplishments......

At the expense of inciting the furor of our administrator, I have to say this.....
This guy is full of diesel fuel.

I know, it’s probably just my Borderline Personality meter kicking in here but;
This guy jumps at any chance he can get to tell us of all his magical accomplishments......

At the expense of inciting the furor of our administrator, I have to say this.....
This guy is full of diesel fuel.
You know what rookie I have had your back here. I don't come here to raise eyebrows just inform men like you that there is a rainbow in some aspects of the work world. I have always said R+L is ok. I said to you that if you had a few years in the pension you MIGHT be smart going back. I just thought I'd say to you that a teamsters union pension is as good as ANY OF US CAN EXPECT. And btw you did say you were a union painter but they don't need pallet jacks do they. Take it easy. I'm on your side.

Last edited: