XPO | Pallet Jacks?

Some city drivers work more than 12 hours daily. Some have regular stops that require phone calls. Having the same handheld allows those work phone numbers to be stored on a work phone.

In most cases , the drivers that have equipment assigned to them ( or try to take responsibility for a certain piece of equipment ) tend to take better care of that equipment.

From what I've seen , management rarely gets involved to stop abuse of the equipment drivers use ( misplaced handhelds , pallet jacks left here and there , tractors trashed....)

Why wouldn't a person be proactive and try and keep a tractor or handheld clean and/or operating correctly? ( away from the person or people trashing it )
No.

And this is WHY we have to wear them "" useful Safety vests ""during electric pallet jack training !
maxresdefault.jpg
Wong, that Jack is so efficient it can run on 15% less electricity than your standard model.
Those two just got fired lol

The supervisors should be cutting off personal locks and unlocking company locks with a master if need be. This isn't our equipment and everyone should have access.

And, yes, I am a city driver and enjoy using the same equipment every day, but locking stuff up is nonsense. If you do and somebody needs a jack, then the bolt cutters come calling.
Is it nonsense to want good equipment to do your job with? I could count on one hand the drivers at my terminal who take care of their jacks. I didn’t want mine falling out the back of some careless drivers trailer and then having to use it next day only to find out it won’t Jack up or front rollers are missing/broken or other issues causing problems for me. I’m a capitalist not a communist. Everyone sharing the same equipment creates equal misery for everyone.

Is it nonsense to want good equipment to do your job with? I could count on one hand the drivers at my terminal who take care of their jacks. I didn’t want mine falling out the back of some careless drivers trailer and then having to use it next day only to find out it won’t Jack up or front rollers are missing/broken or other issues causing problems for me. I’m a capitalist not a communist. Everyone sharing the same equipment creates equal misery for everyone.
Well, I'm a communist and I'm here to appropriate the people's wealth from the decadent bourgeoisie and bring a more egalitarian world to the masses.

Apropos to this situation, we have nothing to lose but our chains, comrade.