XPO | part time dock workers

Zipper

TB Lurker
Credits
Only part time dock workers on i/b.this has to be a rumor,,,,,,,,i guess dsrs with rule of 85 could start drawing retirement and work p/t at a reduced pay, till they had enough

My old barn hired several full-time i/b dock, thus eliminating several i/b DSR positions... several guys I know getting thrown back onto flex because of it.

This is true!! Already been told will be adding 2 full time dock workers next year and losing two drivers on dock.....

we have a lot of part time dock workers now. we had a town hall meeting Wednesday and somebody asked about all the dock workers and they said thet were gonna phase the dock out for the drivers.... drivers would drive only and then go home.... said they didn't know exactly how long it would take to pull it off but that was the direction we were going...... straight out of the od handbook!

Would you feel that way if it was you who got affected? I doubt it!

reading comprehension eludes you obviously.. Did I say it was right? I surely did not

The guys who make the rules in Ann Arbor are far removed and see columns in an excel spread sheet that every part timer is 10/hr less and equates to profit on the bottom line.

They don't care about damages... They keep dancing around the big white elephant in the room, temps. They have zero freight experience, they don't care about damages, they have no skin in the game.

They don't care about damages... They keep dancing around the big white elephant in the room, temps. They have zero freight experience, they don't care about damages, they have no skin in the game.
While I don't disagree with you I see more damages from Drivers than part time dock workers. Laziness breeds damages. That's why most damages occur on the FAC with drivers accounting for most the workforce.

Most of the workforce? Maybe at your barn. I will admit drivers get lazy from time to time, but when I hear the space is waste trainers, (who have no freight experience either.) telling dock workers don't worry about crush cones or directional arrows, it's ok to stand skids of sheet titanium on edge to save space when it clearly says must lay flat, it just goes on and on.

Middle management has no freight experience now. You need a university degree now to be an fos? Please. Looking at a spreadsheet vs seat time on a lift are two very different things.

FOS's are notorious for condoning this behavior.

Driver: Hey dude,this long piece wont fit, might have to run it in another pup
FOS: ****, cant you make it fit?
Drver: Not without damaging it
FOS: Scrrw it, load it anyway, thats gotta screw up my load factor and cube.
Driver: Will you scan it on?
FOS: Haha you scared?
Driver:Nope
FOS: Alright,ill scan it on

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't disagree with you I see more damages from Drivers than part time dock workers. Laziness breeds damages. That's why most damages occur on the FAC with drivers accounting for most the workforce.

Majority of drivers do it right. Fos watch guys load freight that should never load freight. To lazy to drop racks.

i didn't come here to make avg. money, i have been here over a decade made great money, and with the latest great idea from the powers that be i will go from making great money to average money.......so with that being said i will be once again searching out a place that will pay me great money....lets see we will pay you average money give you crappy hours and all the while we will institute rules insuring that at some point you will be let go. hmmmmmmm......yep im done with this crap.i used to love working for Conway, but not anymore. thank you college grads you have managed to ruin one of the best jobs in freight.

i didn't come here to make avg. money, i have been here over a decade made great money, and with the latest great idea from the powers that be i will go from making great money to average money.......so with that being said i will be once again searching out a place that will pay me great money....lets see we will pay you average money give you crappy hours and all the while we will institute rules insuring that at some point you will be let go. hmmmmmmm......yep im done with this crap.i used to love working for Conway, but not anymore. thank you college grads you have managed to ruin one of the best jobs in freight.
So, how did you go from making great money to ave. money?