FedEx Freight | part time dockworker

Credits
Somebody i know is applying for a part time opening at a Florida terminal. The posting is for a part time dock worker. What does this position pay per hour? Also, he's hoping it will lead to full time work as a city driver. Would that be a possibility if the terminal has the work in the future? He does have a clean cdl with good experience.

[quote author=staggerlee link=topic=82015.msg847052#msg847052 date=1279160103]
not everybody at once now
[/quote]

Sorry I am not familar with the Florida terminal.

It has not been the case in the past, but we just received a company wide raise that varied which would indicate that it has changed.....I can only speak in general terms on the moving to full time,. It has always been allowed and I don't know of any location that would not allow someone to move to Full time when a position becomes available, if all the proper guidelines are followed...The question is , How many would be in front of him to move up...That's why I stated that I cannot speak to the question. (because I am not there and am unfamiliar with the circumstances there)

why doesnt he apply for A full time P & D driver position if he has he CDL. There are hiring for that currently in orlando. But to answer your question. They make around 14.50 an hour. Can only work 6 hours a day. no benefits. Shifts will be early in the morning or late in the night. At least that the way it is where i work. And you never now how long it will take to get full time P&D. Orlando is a hub, so may not take as long. i dont know. Best to come in as a full time driver IMHO. if possible. good luck..

The bad part about Orlando is that freight moves into Fla but alot of time they are pulling empties to their meet points.

We have the same issue at ups lots freight going in not a whole lot coming back out. How ever fdx starting pay is a lot more then ups starting pay.

I would have to agree with mdf1576. Since you have to jump through the same hoops to become a part time dock worker why not apply for a PD job since he has a CDL. Part timers only work 6 hours a day without any bennies. If nothing else make sure they know he has a CDL and wants to drive. TP