FedEx Freight | Passing of Viking

EXVFSLINEDRIVER

TB Lurker
Credits
I just learned Dan Crews passed away. Beside being a great guy and driver Dan had the honor of being the first Viking Freight Lien driver outside of CA ( Reno) Dan was brought on from DeAnza when Viking bought their rights to go interstate. Dan ran Donner for three years before going on to the Boise run for 5 more until back injuries forced his retirement. He went on to found and run a precision model railroad parts company for several years before he went off the grid. I last saw him in 2000. Dan was a super guy and I am glad I have memories of knowing him.

I just learned Dan Crews passed away. Beside being a great guy and driver Dan had the honor of being the first Viking Freight Lien driver outside of CA ( Reno) Dan was brought on from DeAnza when Viking bought their rights to go interstate. Dan ran Donner for three years before going on to the Boise run for 5 more until back injuries forced his retirement. He went on to found and run a precision model railroad parts company for several years before he went off the grid. I last saw him in 2000. Dan was a super guy and I am glad I have memories of knowing him.

RIP Dan, from one former Viking to another.