TForce | Pay bump for bottom and new hires

justmyopinion

TB Lurker
Credits
If anyone from TFOrce is monitoring these forums they should consider bumping up the pay for people who aren’t up to full rate yet. From what I hear FedEx is going to be doing this across the board. I believe I’ve heard from some drivers that TFI is also doing it regionally.Being proactive would save a lot of drivers who are here wondering why they are staying every day. 18 or 20 bucks an hour and 50 or $.52 a mile is 15 years ago wages.

If anyone from TFOrce is monitoring these forums they should consider bumping up the pay for people who aren’t up to full rate yet. From what I hear FedEx is going to be doing this across the board. I believe I’ve heard from some drivers that TFI is also doing it regionally.Being proactive would save a lot of drivers who are here wondering why they are staying every day. 18 or 20 bucks an hour and 50 or $.52 a mile is 15 years ago wages.
We have needed 6 city drivers at my barn. When people call and ask about pay they tell them $17 something an hour they hang up. Amazon warehouse employees start out at better pay than our drivers . We will never get a driver at $17 an hour . Also lower paid drivers have left for bonuses and better pay elsewhere. Ups freight has a bad reputation in my area ...

From what I hear FedEx is going to be doing this across the board.
FedEx is not doing that across the board. It’s up to the discretion of each individual terminal manager. Plus we still have four different scales depending on “cost of living” at different terminals. So a new driver could start as low as $22.18 and 51.67cpm, or as high as $31.68 and 72.96cpm depending on location.

Another thing we have to remember is just because you made it to top pay grade doesn't mean you are set; What about the four years of scrimping/struggling and possibly getting into debt? i remember i had to borrow from one credit card to pay another. This was in my first year. Fortunately i only had to do this once, but still.

i've been at top scale for about 2.5 years and only now does it seem like i'm doing ok financially. Truck is recently paid off and my credit score is 808.

So, compare that to someone who starts off at a higher rate while maybe not topping out as high as us. In this situation, s/he would be more stable financially and may even be better off long-term depending on their personal situation?

What benefits?
I retired last year at 59 years old. I have all the health care benefits i had when i was working except a little better with the RU plan. Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision. I pay $250 per month and can keep the plan until Medicare kicks in at age 65. These benefits are great. Shop around and you will see. This plan would cost you roughly $1100 per month if you had to purchase on your own.

How much does the medical cost at FedEx a week if you don't mind me asking? Thanks...
There are usually 2 tiers 70% or 80% copay. Then, electives such as dental/ vision/ etc.. I pay about $130 a week for the best coverage me offered. (Which aren’t really great anymore)

Two guys from my barn went over to Dominos pizza (CDL, not pizza delivery to houses) and from what i remember the pay and benefits BLOW ours away to the point where we really have no "benefits."

The have a 401K match (don't remember but i think it was 50%) vested immediately.
Free health/dental.
IIRC, pay blows ours away (think about that for a sec.; Not too many blow our pay away)
4 day work week, but can work more if wanted.

Granted, they work in the middle of the night and unload more boxes in one day then we probably do in a year. ::shit::, they probably unload more boxes at their first stop then we do all year.

i do not remember the exact details but if i bump into them, i can surely find out.

So, basically it took me 6.5 years to get to be doing ok-to"pretty good" financially. This is just MY situation.

i didn't have no shorties, no car payments at the time (until last year) and my rent was $925 month including utilities.

The other thing to remember is: When i post my checks and W-2's, you'll notice i had that weekend gig (which i've recently stopped). So, i had to drive my tail off to get "normal" because i started off at $17.40 hr.

What if you had kids?

Maybe it's better to start at $22 and top out at $26.50?

2nd to none as long as you don't count abf, yellow and any other master freight company.
Their Healthcare makes ours look like public assistance
I went to a doctor in a box the other day. They will also give you what medication you might need. Previously they would give me my medication. Now they told me that they will not except our prescription plan. So I had to wait until the next day “to get my prescription filled.” I didn’t mean to quote Mick Jagger