pay changes

No union rtw state and trust me it sucks but the head of hr was standing beside all the ********s. You do not call Corp. If you wan't to still feed the wife and kids.

The latest rumor I heard today..... one of are drivers seen a sysco driver at one of his stops. Sysco asked are driver what we have heard are driver said nothing and he asked sysco what he's heard. Sysco guy said management has been telling everyone that there gonna shut are warehouse down and if we want to keep are jobs we gotta transfer to the cities. What do you guys think?

The latest rumor I heard today..... one of are drivers seen a sysco driver at one of his stops. Sysco asked are driver what we have heard are driver said nothing and he asked sysco what he's heard. Sysco guy said management has been telling everyone that there gonna shut are warehouse down and if we want to keep are jobs we gotta transfer to the cities. What do you guys think?
Sounds like Sysco bought you guys for the customer list.

Sounds like Sysco bought you guys for the customer list.

I understand the concept, but why spend those big bucks for that, customers can move on, seems to me, like Money said, with the warehouse they can easier expand into northern MN, especially if the twin cities whse is maxed out.

Sounds like one drivers rumor to another, I wouldn't jump ship unless I just wanted to, Money may have good things coming his way, its a crap shoot, but a closed shop union job with Sysco is hard to beat, especially if groceries is your thing.

I hate it for you my Friend, the uncertainty sucks, you know I wish you the best Money.

If I don't get my hrs and they keep me 3 days a week I'll have no choice. But if I do leave it probably won't be to another food service company.

I take that back. I would go to a Foodservice company if it was out of a shuttle yard. But I don't really want to start at the bottom of a union board. Might be good pay but the extremely crappy routes and having to wait to bid. Plus us foods and sysco up here the drivers are working 70 hrs a week and 6 days

uh, if us foods is working 70 hours a week, im going to drive out to minnesota to apply! if those guys are honestly looking at those hours, they will be clearing 6 figures! and they have a big pension too!

but seriously, starting out at the bottom of a union board isn't bad, just think, if you went to a non union shop, and they offered the best routes and bids to you, and you are NEW, what do you think they are doing to their guys with some time in? why would you want to work for a place that is going to treat you worse as time goes on? get it out of the way now, that way it only gets better.

If I don't get my hrs and they keep me 3 days a week I'll have no choice. But if I do leave it probably won't be to another food service company.

If you don't have a choice, go apply over at Minnesota Limited, those pipeliners make BIG money. I worked for them for a summer through the teamsters hall, and I will probably never make money like that again.

I never see Minnesota limited hiring. I see there semis all the time tho. Last I heard US foods make 80k a year if not more. There hourly rate is 23.50 a hr I think to. I'm a single dad so I'm more picky then I use to be cuz I want/need to be home for my son. I'm thinking about applying with a company that hauls concrete products. I could also do heavy haul there.

I just remembered a kemps driver I run into on mondays he told me there gonna be looking for drivers pretty soon. Kemps is a dairy company. Union shop, and I'm pretty sure he said 24.75 a hr. It was 24 something. He said I be working weekends for awhile. Either Saturday or Sunday.

I never see Minnesota limited hiring. I see there semis all the time tho. Last I heard US foods make 80k a year if not more. There hourly rate is 23.50 a hr I think to. I'm a single dad so I'm more picky then I use to be cuz I want/need to be home for my son. I'm thinking about applying with a company that hauls concrete products. I could also do heavy haul there.

Minnesota Ltd wouldn't hire through an ad, since they are part of a pipeline master agreement, you have to get with a union hiring hall. find out what union local the pipeliners are in mn, i think its local 320, dont quote me though.

I just remembered a kemps driver I run into on mondays he told me there gonna be looking for drivers pretty soon. Kemps is a dairy company. Union shop, and I'm pretty sure he said 24.75 a hr. It was 24 something. He said I be working weekends for awhile. Either Saturday or Sunday.

Milk doesn't stop, a lot of dairy is union in the usual areas. always pays very well, if you can handle the heavy work.

no layoff's, like pipeline or construction, if that matters. I know a lot of people don't get that, you can make 22 bucks an hour and get all the ot you want, year round, or make a higher wage, but only work most of the year, and get laid off, and collect unemployment. but it seems like most of the time, its a wash, because with foodservice, the work never stops, all you need is a little seniority, and you can make a killing...

Doesn't pipeline construction do alot of traveling? I can't do alot of traveling because I'm a single dad and have 50/50 custody of him. I want to make the best money I can. I use to work at Martin Brower but working 7 days a week I was never able to see him but I could've made awesome money there. Wish it would've worked out.

Thought about US foods again but not hiring but I also would like to get rid of the ramp and stairs. Wish I could get a company to shuttle me a trailer. I've always thought dairy would be easier. Alot of dock stops and I never really see them ramp product. The ones I see have a liftgate on the side of the trailer.

No matter what I do for work I base it around my son. Would the hrs be good for me and him so I can spend time with him? Days off work? I got a few years before he's in school but I want to be around when he starts school and possibly sports. It's alot to think about. I got so much other crap going on Idk what to think anymore.

Thanks Matt. I've been checking and they never have driver openings by me. They have a big warehouse by me. I talked to a Frito lay recruiter one time and argued with me saying they never hire drivers in MN. They do to cuz I have seen a ad once in a while. Did you use to work for the big E?

Doesn't pipeline construction do alot of traveling? I can't do alot of traveling because I'm a single dad and have 50/50 custody of him. I want to make the best money I can. I use to work at Martin Brower but working 7 days a week I was never able to see him but I could've made awesome money there. Wish it would've worked out.

yeah, pipeline goes all over, good pay, but i wouldnt be willing to travel for it. no guarauntee of work year round, and even though you can clear 6 figures, who wants to live in a hotel all year to do it? I understand about being a dad, i have a 10 month old at home! Thats why i took a permanent position at US Foods, over being the "local" guy on the pipeline job, every week we were wondering about getting laid off. the money was great, but I couldn't put up with that type of job unless I had a guarauntee of being employed like their local Mn guys.

Thought about US foods again but not hiring but I also would like to get rid of the ramp and stairs. Wish I could get a company to shuttle me a trailer. I've always thought dairy would be easier. Alot of dock stops and I never really see them ramp product. The ones I see have a liftgate on the side of the trailer.
I would go someplace that is union and pays well, those are my requirements. It doesnt seem to be working out well for you where you are at, you stated in another thread that you arent living on your own right now, well that would be the perfect time to get on at a union shop and gain some seniority, so when you do get back on your own, you are always guaraunteed work every week. Rememeber, it might suck now, but in the long run its worth it. always be weary of any company who treats their new guys better than their old guys.

No matter what I do for work I base it around my son. Would the hrs be good for me and him so I can spend time with him? Days off work? I got a few years before he's in school but I want to be around when he starts school and possibly sports. It's alot to think about. I got so much other crap going on Idk what to think anymore.

I'd still go look at US Foods, get on there, get your "casual/non guarauntee" employment out of the way, and then once you get enough seniority to get a bid, you will be fine. making what they do, you will be doing very well, and have a good retirement plan as well.

There is a bread company looking for drivers by me. Union and starting pay is 18 a hr

go for it! they got a pension like US Foods? whats the top pay? I dunno about you, but i always end up putting in for every high paying union job around here, you have nothing to lose.