pay changes

Thanks Matt. I've been checking and they never have driver openings by me. They have a big warehouse by me. I talked to a Frito lay recruiter one time and argued with me saying they never hire drivers in MN. They do to cuz I have seen a ad once in a while. Did you use to work for the big E?

Yes that's me "BeerBoy" I tell ya. Frito pension is the only nonunion pension worth a damn. It's a real pension. Also 401k match plus pension. Awesome deal. Sometimes to good to be true. Till your half way threw a 2400 case trailer with a 2 wheeler.

Why did you leave the LTL world? Wow that sounds like a good deal at Frito lay. Sounds like a good gig but I wouldn't got otr

I seen a ad today for Sysco Asian Foods. Thinking about applying cuz I know I will get work. My buddy works there and they're always busy. I can't afford to stay home anymore. I sent out 3 apps this week. One for bimbo bakeries for a union transport driver job, frattalone companies driving dump truck/end dump another union gig and a flatbed company that hauls pre cast concrete products. My buddy works there and told me he can get me a job there. I'm getting desperate guys. Just can't afford this no more.

I seen a ad today for Sysco Asian Foods. Thinking about applying cuz I know I will get work. My buddy works there and they're always busy. I can't afford to stay home anymore. I sent out 3 apps this week. One for bimbo bakeries for a union transport driver job, frattalone companies driving dump truck/end dump another union gig and a flatbed company that hauls pre cast concrete products. My buddy works there and told me he can get me a job there. I'm getting desperate guys. Just can't afford this no more.

You know I'm pullin for ya Brother! Something will turn up, at least your working in the mean time, not much but you have something coming in anyhow, hell, go re apply at Asian Foods, I know you have talked about that place an awful lot, don't worry about the cameras, I'm so used to them, the only time I notice the damn thing is when I hit a big bump, all our guys have stopped talking about them even!

Yeah I'll reapply. But I kinda would like out of Foodservice but we'll see what happens. Hell I should just be able to transfer right? Being Asian foods is owned by sysco and so are we

I ran into a Core-Mark driver the other day. He was telling me I should apply there. He says it's alot easier then doing Foodservice. He said I'll probably start out doing 2 man routes in downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul. But after awhile it will get better. He loves it there and says they get treated pretty good. I know kboomarang use to work there. Would be nice to do mostly c-stores

I got a email today from the teamsters joint council. They contacted teamsters local 471 for me and was told Kemps won't be hiring in the near future but Dean foods might be and Old Dutch has a driver retiring this month so they might be hiring. They gave me phone numbers for each company to.

i'd start going to the locals in person. but its very considerate that they sent you an email telling you who will be hiring, when they don't even know you .thats probably the only foodservice companies hiring, I would imagine that redimix and freight will be hiring as well.

If I go to the locals in person would they help me get a job or what will they say or do? Would it pay to call each company?

If I go to the locals in person would they help me get a job or what will they say or do? Would it pay to call each company?

just ask to talk to a business agent, and tell him what types of jobs you are interested in, and who is hiring. if he doesn't cover anyone who is hiring, he probably knows other b/a's who have shops that need work. you live in an area with a decent amount of union jobs, so they should be able to find you something. the dump truck companies are starting to hire over here, so hiring season is starting now.

and yeah, it pays to call each company, as the company has no obligation to tell the b/a that they need drivers unless its a hiring hall. so call the companies either way.

Yeah I will RR. I'm gonna go to Old Dutch foods Wednesday when I get back from my overnight route. I'm also gonna see if I can talk to the transportation manager when I go in