pay cuts

truckchick1

TB Veteran
Credits
Rumor has it the company is grumbling about pay cuts. I hope everyone stops them until they agree to put all of your money back into your pension. Has anyone seen the balance of the supposed escrow account where all this money is?

126 know this is coming and no one has a comment? I know the guys on the line are strougher then that!

Yea they should have stopped Yellow employees from pay cut too. If you are working, feel lucky because you are the only one that is lucky "you" are working.

Has anyone heard about the NLRB looking into the escrow account? I am ready to retire soon and I would like to know where my money is

Im going back to work on the dock and was offered $18.05 per hour I know that a cut from the drivers pay but its a start. Lets see what happens?

Oh, didn't you hear? Poor David is out of money. He recently had to go out to the Auburn terminal and trim blackberry bushes all by himself because "he doesn't even have the money to pay someone else to do it".

Wow. Do you suppose that's the first time in his life he ever picked up a pair of garden clippers, and broke a sweat? One wonders.

Does he think the Teamster employees are so retarded as to buy his obvious and poorly-played "woes me" act?

And now the rumor is that the NLRB has finally started looking into the details of how we went back to work, and how the company violated labor law AND our contract nine ways to Tuesday... and are NOT happy about the company's handling of the matter.

Anyone else hear that ticking sound?

Sounds like the clock is running out on David VP's stupid game-playing...

Too soon to tell, guy. A lot depends on how the NLRB rules on the many outstanding ULp charges, and then on how King David, mighty Slayer of Blackberry Bushes decides how to handle the aftermath.

Obviously I hope we have a happy outcome, but with recent history still fresh in my mind... I have my doubts.

The really unfortunate thing is that OHFL could have weathered this recession probably better than 95% of the competition had David and Edward not chosen to go to war with the union. Their "It's our way or the highway" attitude derailed negotiations before they even started.

And so now we struggle to regain our former market position in the worst economic recession of our lifetimes, and the vultures are still perched on the tree limbs around our battered carcass, beady eyes dispassionately assessing our weakened state, wondering if they can swoop in for the bloody remains.

One thing is for sure... it will continue to be difficult, and our struggle is far from over, and in no way are the Teamsters ready to throw our hands in the air and give up...

heard some of the cases of fired teamster from the strike are going to trial with NLRB lawyers representing them. I hope these guys get their jobs back with back pay. These guys stood out there with us and did not do anything more than some of us did. Ed & Dave have to know how much it costs for their stupid choices.

We still have not heard where the escrow account is on all of the pension payments that oak says they are making. Has anyone seen this posted anywhere?