ABF | PAY CUTS

truckchick1

TB Veteran
Credits
My main question is this: They want us to take a 15% pay cut for the duration of the contract. Yes there are several snapback clauses. Here is my question about the snapbacks. We have to take a pay cut on the next pay period after this is voted in. But if the company returns to making money our snapbacks do not apply to the following year on April 1. And if you listen real close we can only snapback 10% of the 15% unless the company goes bankrupt. So don't they have the potential to make a lot of money off of my families well being. Please explain if I am wrong.

[quote author=truckchick1 link=topic=79715.msg825903#msg825903 date=1272665428]
My main question is this: They want us to take a 15% pay cut for the duration of the contract. Yes there are several snapback clauses. Here is my question about the snapbacks. We have to take a pay cut on the next pay period after this is voted in. But if the company returns to making money our snapbacks do not apply to the following year on April 1. And if you listen real close we can only snapback 10% of the 15% unless the company goes bankrupt. So don't they have the potential to make a lot of money off of my families well being. Please explain if I am wrong.
[/quote]

You hit the nail right on the head truckchick1! If this goes through Abf could start making money next week for the remainder of the contract and we will still be locked in this pay cut. On April 1,2011 we would start getting a 10% cut and then on April 1,2012 we would be taking a 5% cut and then on April 1,2013 our new contract will be in force and it will be negotiated by the same ones that are asking you for a pay cut now. What does that tell you?
They must think that we are imbeciles and we will be if we accept this!

Very well done i'm glad to see someone else beside myself read this. But did you see they also increase the layoff period from 5-10 year's. Also they but in a article for buying out another company the last time the layoff period was increased was then ABF bought out CAROLINA it was increased from 3-5 year's my question is ABF and the TEAMTERS making the menber's of ABF to buy another company and correcting the mistake the union did at YRC i'm just a dumb a$$ truck driver but it look's funny to me please spell check me. :tribe:

[quote author=steppenwolf link=topic=79715.msg825997#msg825997 date=1272687438]Very well done i'm glad to see someone else beside myself read this. But did you see they also increase the layoff period from 5-10 year's. Also they but in a article for buying out another company the last time the layoff period was increased was then ABF bought out CAROLINA it was increased from 3-5 year's my question is ABF and the TEAMTERS making the menber's of ABF to buy another company and correcting the mistake the union did at YRC i'm just a dumb a$$ truck driver but it look's funny to me please spell check me. :tribe:
[/quote]

Yep, just like YRC They want the guys on lay-off to believe they have a better shot of getting back to work in the extended time.... Hoping that will help the company get a yes vote.........Everything that was done at YRC
didn't do nothing but keep the the guys with 20 years or more working and getting more O/T while the guys with lesser seniority still sit at home or working elsewhere........ Love when I talk to one of the senior guys and they go well you got ten year recalls rights..LOL Yea give up a job you might be working for say 3 to 5 years and then they call you back one day when they get backed up for 2 weeks then lay you off again.........
Already seen this happen at the merge of Roadway and Yellow last year....... Called everyone back for 2 weeks to clean up the mess then right back to lay-off....... I voted no on YRC's Concessions and I hope you guys read our forum every once in awhile and see what good it did for us........ Other than the fact that we employ 36,000 people as opposed to 80,000 that we did a few years ago, The only good that came from it is the higher ups got richer and the company is still in business for some .....The rest I guess it's time to move on.

Metalmike I wish you nothing but hope and prosperity, and thank you for your been there done that post. I can't imagine what's going on in everyones head but we need to fight for what we have,we'll never get back what they take !!!!!

You are absolutely right piker!!!!!! We will never get it back!

[quote author=piker link=topic=79715.msg826571#msg826571 date=1272843177]
Metalmike I wish you nothing but hope and prosperity, and thank you for your been there done that post. I can't imagine what's going on in everyones head but we need to fight for what we have,we'll never get back what they take !!!!![/quote]

Thanks Piker!! As I wish the same for you guys as well......... Couldn't have said that better you are correct,
We will never get back what they take......... Anybody think that we are gonna get bumped back to almost $25 an hour in 2013? I don't think so.............

I think we should try to find a way to get a vote count from each terminal now, so that when the union and abf claim it passed by a huge majority we will have some evidence to argue the claim.

[quote author=madabfer link=topic=79715.msg826599#msg826599 date=1272850714]
I think we should try to find a way to get a vote count from each terminal now, so that when the union and abf claim it passed by a huge majority we will have some evidence to argue the claim.
[/quote]

I don't think that will make any difference at all......... Case in point, Out of all the people I talked to and work with at YRC including Linehauls coming thru, I only found 2 people out of hundreds who said they voted yes for ours and as you know it was a huge difference when the ballots were counted........ Only thing I can figured since we had people from the boards there when the ballots were counted. Is most of the guys said hell no to look cool in front of their co-workers then when they mailed them in Momma said yes........

[quote author=madabfer link=topic=79715.msg826599#msg826599 date=1272850714]
[/quote]

Not gonna happen. What is told to your face is not what is checked on the box (hope I am wrong) because someone else is chipping in their ear.

New Penn voted it down the first time & Chicago YRC also voted it down.....so let's believe if we "overwhelmingly" vote this down they have no choice but to accept our voice

[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=79715.msg826672#msg826672 date=1272891597]
New Penn voted it down the first time & Chicago YRC also voted it down.....so let's believe if we "overwhelmingly" vote this down they have no choice but to accept our voice
[/quote]

And every subsequent "revote"!!! :biglaugh: