FedEx Freight | Pay differential

I’m gonna combine my response since these two post are basically making the same points...

I’ll not deny @mattbob’s claims because he’s probably right witn his facts in a lot of these cases and @SwampRatt also makes some valid points as well, but....sorry, they’re all irrelevant.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what industries have moved to town, who’s paying their employees what, how much this or that cost, etc, it just doesn’t...what matters is can a company attract good quality help and retain that help with what’s being offered through wages, benefits, working environment, etc...if so, then things are where they should be and if not then things will get adjusted to attract and retain, simple.

If we look at what took place in CLT several years ago for example, we were in the same situation as a lot of the centers you guys mentioned...it’s cheaper to live here, cost more here, etc, and it all fell on deaf ears. Then we hit a driver retention problem where not only could we not retain drivers, they had a hard time attracting “qualified” drivers so an adjustment had to be made and we were bumped up a tier. Under this criteria, which appears to carry the most weight, the case could be made that we be bumped up another tier since every time you go to the careers portion of the website, there’s always a job number for a driver position in CLT since we still have an issue with attracting qualified drivers.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying you guys don’t deserve the higher tier...personally I’d like to see only two tiers...but what I am saying is that regardless of COL, who’s paying what, yada yada yada, until your center experiences an attraction and retention problem, you probably shouldn't hold your breath.
I'm going to have to disagree with this statement especially the last part. We have had retention problems here for about 2 years, when I asked if we could get another look at a gpd got a blank stare and mumbled reply that it could be a possibility. Not holding my breath for a reply, they just hope that I'll forget about it. No one else is willing to rock the boat and ask this question, if you bang your head against the wall long enough you wind up with brain damage.

I'm going to have to disagree with this statement especially the last part. We have had retention problems here for about 2 years, when I asked if we could get another look at a gpd got a blank stare and mumbled reply that it could be a possibility. Not holding my breath for a reply, they just hope that I'll forget about it. No one else is willing to rock the boat and ask this question, if you bang your head against the wall long enough you wind up with brain damage.
The only thing that gets there attention is the mention of union. I'm not saying that cards have to be handed out, just the the perception of union activity will get there attention towards the GPD, HKY and GBO did a good job at it.

The only thing that gets there attention is the mention of union. I'm not saying that cards have to be handed out, just the the perception of union activity will get there attention towards the GPD, HKY and GBO did a good job at it.
You may or may not be correct but the boy can only cry wolf so many times...good luck

IMO the union threat is over. With the decerts that have already happened and with the IBT in bed with Arcbest trying to screw ABF teamsters, I don't believe Fedex is to worried about the union right now.

IMO the union threat is over. With the decerts that have already happened and with the IBT in bed with Arcbest trying to screw ABF teamsters, I don't believe Fedex is to worried about the union right now.

True dat, but hence the reason for no more (anti union) "gpd" raises wink wink. When they raised up all the 50 centers....back a few years ago it was a strategic plan and it worked.

True dat, but hence the reason for no more (anti union) "gpd" raises wink wink. When they raised up all the 50 centers....back a few years ago it was a strategic plan and it worked.

Of course it was! Do you think Ducker and company are stupid? There's a line in the film armageddon where Bruce Willis says something to the effect: "This is NASA, they've got a whole room full of people thinking ::shit:: up". I don't recall the exact wording.

So here it is: "This is FedEx, they got a whole room full of bean counters and psychologists sitting at a table outsmarting the truckers who think they're so damn smart...."

ST

Had CLT not voted the union in, it’s quite possible neither of the terminals you mentioned would have gotten anything in terms of a GDP raise....

Of course it was! Do you think Ducker and company are stupid? There's a line in the film armageddon where Bruce Willis says something to the effect: "This is NASA, they've got a whole room full of people thinking :::shit::: up". I don't recall the exact wording.

So here it is: "This is FedEx, they got a whole room full of bean counters and psychologists sitting at a table outsmarting the truckers who think they're so damn smart...."

ST

I won't mention names but several of the clowns on here said the gpd raises had nothing to do with union.

we have been fighting for the GPD for 2.5 years and can;t even get a straight answer

No disrespect intended, but you won't get anything until you all vote with your feet. As much as it pains me to say this, @Redracer3136 is correct in his statement concerning pay and retention. As far as any union threat, well that statement is now an oxymoron.

lJuvFGH.jpg

For your information
What is the difference between bcd and e..? I was quoted line E in the interview for Chicago area.

What is the difference between lines b c d and e? I was quoted line E for city driver in chicago 5/10/18..do the different lines represent different parts of the country?

No our gpd doesn't have any rhyme or reason as to which centers make the different amounts.