XPO | Pay increase??

10 highest paid..who missing

F0B9EF83-A217-4DE3-833B-75428B18DBA8.md.jpeg
If my counts right 5 of them have sleeper on there trucks. As for Walmart it depends on were u are. When I came here I made more driving with a sleeper. Spent 3-4 days out a week. Came here to be home every day. The extra money wasn't worth it with all the cost of sleeping in a truck

If my counts right 5 of them have sleeper on there trucks. As for Walmart it depends on were u are. When I came here I made more driving with a sleeper. Spent 3-4 days out a week. Came here to be home every day. The extra money wasn't worth it with all the cost of sleeping in a truck
Sleeping in a truck sucks....almost as much as getting paid by the mile with the occasional money for detention time.....I would work almost any job before I would take a job sleeping in a truck.....

3 are LTL , 2 are food service, 5 do have sleeper trucks and day cabs in their fleets. But still no one will say what’s not on the list . US ! There was a day where we where in the top 3 in compensation and now we don’t make the top 10. Sometimes things don’t have to be takin from you in order to fall behind. That’s the point.
Fly often has asked what we have lost since Xpo took over . Well here it is. ( and yes Fly I know we lost under Con- way also ) The loss continues when you don’t give adequate raises .

Last edited:
3 are LTL , 2 are food service, 5 do have sleeper trucks and day cabs in their fleets. But still no one will say what’s not on the list . US ! There was a day where we where in the top 3 in compensation and now we don’t make the top 10. Sometimes things don’t have to be takin from you in order to fall behind. That’s the point.
Fly often has asked what we have lost since Xpo took over . Well here it is. ( and yes Fly I know we lost under Con- way also ) The loss continues when you don’t give adequate raises .
It all depends on what list you look at. Here Sysco is #20, ABF is #24, and Holland is #29. You are correct with the raise thing, but even the union carriers are behind too.

I got to say in food service you hump
You finger print everything.
think of going out and doing inside deliveries all day with a hand truck. Just think of going KOP and spending 8 -9 just humping food in all types of weather. Those guys in food service earn every dime they get

I got to say in food service you hump
You finger print everything.
think of going out and doing inside deliveries all day with a hand truck. Just think of going KOP and spending 8 -9 just humping food in all types of weather. Those guys in food service earn every dime they get
I won’t disagree with that. That being said we move a lot of freight everyday. A lot of inside deliveries and I would easily say less than 30 % of our deliveries involve the use of a forklift any longer and that’s a trend that continues to grow. Companies have gotten used to us unloading their freight to the dock with a pallet jack. Drivers have slowly become their receiver also. When I started in LTL many years ago this was not the case.

It all depends on what list you look at. Here Sysco is #20, ABF is #24, and Holland is #29. You are correct with the raise thing, but even the union carriers are behind too.
Again we are still low on that list. We work way to hard not to be one of the top as we use to be. It’s a trend for us that’s going the wrong direction.
Also with the advent of the new enhanced Samsara surveillance it seems we are stepping into a new dimension that will make this job here less appealing to many drivers. I don’t know who’s making these decisions but they seem to care less about that. They are taking everything that was appealing about this job and tossing it out the window.

Last edited:
And other major ltl , Union and non union. Again, if your not happy here with what your making, why stay???
I don’t think anyone mentioned they were unhappy in direct response to my post . My post however shows how far we haves slipped. Wondering why we have slipped so far is a reasonable question for any self respecting employee. It’s better to be aware then not .
Don’t think the job has become any easier so why not question that . The vast majority have decided to not have a say in their job . So how do you let them no you are not happy with sliding backwards. I think leaving is a last ditch thing for people and many have gained seniority that they don’t want to lose by job jumping.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone mentioned they were unhappy in direct response to my post . My post however shows how far we haves slipped. Wondering why we have slipped so far is a reasonable question for any self respecting employee. It’s better to be aware then not .
Don’t think the job has become any easier so why not question that . The vast majority have decided to not have a say in their job . So how do you let them no you are not happy with sliding backwards. I think leaving is a last ditch thing for people and many have gained seniority that they don’t want to lose by job jumping.
I did over 130 k Canadian last year. Just over 100 in US dollars. Not sure I’d call that slipping. And yes, I get there are different pay structures.

Are you slipping? Have you considered total compensation? Employer paid healthcare, pensions or 401K matching. It's all part of the total pay package.

I did over 130 k Canadian last year. Just over 100 in US dollars. Not sure I’d call that slipping. And yes, I get there are different pay structures.
That’s nothing to sneeze at . I do however feel we have slipped when compared to some peers so we will have to agree to disagree on that point. Time is the measure going forward. You work hard and a lot of hours for that money. Inflation however eats away at that if you don’t keep up with . Which I think we can agree we haven’t. I think we can also agree that inflation in the last few years has really taken its toll on your earnings. 100k today is 70 k in buying power 10 yrs from now . I will sometimes get focused on a number like 100 K without realizing that it no longer has the power that it did 10 years ago and when I talk of power, I mean buying power 10 years ago if a house was $300,000 and today it’s priced at $600,000 yet you make the equivalent of what you made 10 years ago you’ll be OK, but you do not. Yes our pay has gone
Up over the last few years, because of the driver shortage. But it only went up to where it should have been years ago, and now with crazy inflation, and they’re not giving us a pay raise to match it. You are falling behind.

Every time our cost-of-living adjustment does not match the cost of living in our area. Your compensation takes a hit. In other words it goes backwards. Will 100 K be your benchmark in the year 2033 ?