XPO | Pay increase??

I have considered that for both for union and nonunion because that’s what you have to look at not just the hourly rate. Someone can say they make $42 an hour but they don’t get O/T till after 50 or they contribute a gob sum of their insurance cost weekly.
Take for instance some union carriers make less hourly but they don’t pay for retirement or healthcare. When you add that in their total compensation exceeds ours .
When you look at some non union carriers the hourly rate is higher but they don’t get overtime after 8 or 40 and that pay a large amount of their insurance premium and fund their own retirement.
The question is, getting OT after 8/40 better then someone getting more per hour with no OT or after 50hrs.
Back in the Con-way day I remember our DM, I hear OV-10 and him were tight LOL, P Berg tell us about the great raise he got us. Someone said the Estes right next door got an even bigger raise making more per hour. Berg's response was "Well you get OT after 8hrs" and that shut him up. Then a driver smarter then a door knob that did some simple math. He pointed out that even though we get OT after 8 that it would take us working 54hr a week to get even or just surpass what Estes, OT after 50, was paying. He then asked if Con-way was guaranteeing 14hrs of OT every week. The answer was NO. Was Con-way guaranteeing 40hrs a week 8hrs a day. The answer was still NO. The driver went on to explain that if both a a Con-way driver and an Estes driver work 50hrs the Estes driver will make more. He also told the DM that the life insurance was based on 40hr and also vacation and PTO and that in both cases the Estes driver made more.
In some cases getting OT after 8/40 doesn't always play in you favor. The Estes by me did a very good job of not working there driver much past 50hrs. Unlike Con-way who didn't care if you had a life outside of work. It really comes down to how many hr you work in a week. At that time the average at my place was around 50-54 per week per management.

Last edited:
Well I still have my 2 withdraw cards. Not going to pay the initiation dues twice. I think they were $500 back then

I still have my withdrawal card too. I joined the Teamsters in 1978 and took my withdrawal card in 1990.

I don't like withdrawal cards. The name reminds me of a long ago technique that wasn't always effective.

One of the Ct. drivers said they are making close to $37, seems high ???
It’s probably because their a metro region terminal. There is a wide variance from terminal to terminal.
I make $33 and XHG which is not metro makes 4% more then I and OV-10 make. So seeing 37 is no surprise. We were told that XHG is more important then us even though there cost of living is less

WOW, must be nice to make that pay rate over there, while doing the same work over here. Great way to keep the morale and camaraderie up and going. No wonder everyone is sooo happy lately...

WOW, must be nice to make that pay rate over there, while doing the same work over here. Great way to keep the morale and camaraderie up and going. No wonder everyone is sooo happy lately...
It mainly at terminals that had threat of unionization.

$37.15 Is top rate in Albany. They still can’t get enough help. We have been sending two drivers every day to run in the city. Drivers with one year experience are coming on at top rate as well.
I have talk to driver at other trucking companies and ask why do they stay were they are at vs coming here it XPO? Benefits
about the same or better here, pay more, and in some case better PTO. There answer are pretty much on the level. Better quality of life between home and work, why would I give up my nice 5/6am start, no dockwork, no unloading freight, I do just drop and hook runs, average day is 10hrs, no nights, no weekends, I have an assigned truck and I'm the only one that drivers it. The list goes on but you should get the idea. Even though most of these guy don't OT and make around 10K+ less a year on 40hrs there still not leaving. There is no benefit to come here. What do you get after 20+yrs here??? A cheap gold plated watch and what you put in your 401K. They have that were there at, along with a life outside of work.
I along with others at my place are looking to get out, not just out of XPO but out of trucking altogether. With more regs, cameras, and just company BS is it really worth what they paying?

This happens ever night at the FAC. Also don't forget about the dockworks on the FAC get $1.10 shift differential per hr, but driver don't while on the dock.
If correct I think this company has 4 or 5 different pay scales.