R&L | Pay Raise?

Any word on the street if we will get a raise this year?

I haven’t heard anything. I highly doubt we will. I remember during the last recession they extended wage progression from 2 years to 5 years for new hires that were already in the middle of wage progression, took away sick days, froze raises, and hired new drivers as “paramount” drivers at a lower pay scale. Anybody else remember paramount?

I haven’t heard anything. I highly doubt we will. I remember during the last recession they extended wage progression from 2 years to 5 years for new hires that were already in the middle of wage progression, took away sick days, froze raises, and hired new drivers as “paramount” drivers at a lower pay scale. Anybody else remember paramount?
Didn’t they merge with Tristar pictures?

I think maybe if you where under contract for a raise you would not ask that question. Just saying freon a union driver
You're right we might be asking questions about where our pension is.
Or a 15% give back. Or not having a job because the union protects a functional drunk instead of getting a safety menace off the road. Or getting bought out by another union carrier and loosing your job. Just sayin from an old CFCC hand.

Or a 15% give back. Or not having a job because the union protects a functional drunk instead of getting a safety menace off the road. Or getting bought out by another union carrier and loosing your job. Just sayin from an old CFCC hand.
If we got one it would be held off. I know our Bran was posting record numbers for the region and company wide. We had a fall off for 2 weeks. Numbers are slowly coming up. Every driver working but normal time off request this week. Not one request for drivers to take off in about 5 days. But some of the bills coming from other carriers not having enough drivers on the street. I have been picking up freight that has sit for a day or two cause YRC and Central Freight had not come for the pick up. I remember when we had one driver that was hired as a Paramount Driver. He had a much lower start pay then those hired as R&L drivers. I think we were told we were Greenwood driver before. Do you recall that.

Yes I remember paramount that’s when we gained a lot of owner operators in line haul also we lost our best daytime line runs . We also ended up with the only lay-off in my 15 plus years here

Yes I remember paramount that’s when we gained a lot of owner operators in line haul also we lost our best daytime line runs . We also ended up with the only lay-off in my 15 plus years here
We did not have that problem here. We had that POS truck load company R&L own coming in our yard. And having 3rd world country drivers. That could not hook a set. I can not remember that company name. I guess it is gone. Cause have not seen one in years. We had no laid offs then. Just did not like to hire. They had that driver conference back then. We had a driver and his wife go to it. They got a bunch of free things.

If we got one it would be held off. I know our Bran was posting record numbers for the region and company wide. We had a fall off for 2 weeks. Numbers are slowly coming up. Every driver working but normal time off request this week. Not one request for drivers to take off in about 5 days. But some of the bills coming from other carriers not having enough drivers on the street. I have been picking up freight that has sit for a day or two cause YRC and Central Freight had not come for the pick up. I remember when we had one driver that was hired as a Paramount Driver. He had a much lower start pay then those hired as R&L drivers. I think we were told we were Greenwood driver before. Do you recall that.

Bitter much? Again with the pension argument? I just got the annual report from the Western Conference...92% funded. Green Zone by a mile. I hear ya about the functional drunk though...while at Roadway (yes, Roadway), we had a guy get his SECOND DUII. The state suspended his license for a year, so they moved him to the dock until it got reinstated. No termination. He got ‘his’ route back...MY route! I don’t know of too many places where you’d still be employed after 2 DUII’s....let alone one. Stay safe out there!

Bitter much? Again with the pension argument? I just got the annual report from the Western Conference...92% funded. Green Zone by a mile. I hear ya about the functional drunk though...while at Roadway (yes, Roadway), we had a guy get his SECOND DUII. The state suspended his license for a year, so they moved him to the dock until it got reinstated. No termination. He got ‘his’ route back...MY route! I don’t know of too many places where you’d still be employed after 2 DUII’s....let alone one. Stay safe out there!
Very bitter. Stuck in CSPF so what any other fund is doing is irrelevant. Watched Union screw over CF guys with double breasting BS by Conjob and corporate as well. I come from a strong Union background. Mix of Teamsters, UAW, and public service unions (fire, cop, city employee). The Unions were once relevant and needed. They have morphed into greedy self serving corrupt entities that are no better than and sometimes worse than the large corporations they purport to protect the working man from. They are and will continue to collapse under the weight of their own greed. I'll take my chances being reliant on my own abilities to provide for myself as opposed to gambling with a union motivated by its own su

Very bitter. Stuck in CSPF so what any other fund is doing is irrelevant. Watched Union screw over CF guys with double breasting BS by Conjob and corporate as well. I come from a strong Union background. Mix of Teamsters, UAW, and public service unions (fire, cop, city employee). The Unions were once relevant and needed. They have morphed into greedy self serving corrupt entities that are no better than and sometimes worse than the large corporations they purport to protect the working man from. They are and will continue to collapse under the weight of their own greed. I'll take my chances being reliant on my own abilities to provide for myself as opposed to gambling with a union motivated by its own su
Holy cow!! Three different unions you’ve been in? That’s quite a resumé! I know the CSPF is in some trouble, but are you vested in either or both of the others? If so, between the three and some savvy investing (which from previous posts I gather you have), you’re gonna have a good retirement! Not sure how close you are to your ‘golden’ years, but they sound bright!

Holy cow!! Three different unions you’ve been in? That’s quite a resumé! I know the CSPF is in some trouble, but are you vested in either or both of the others? If so, between the three and some savvy investing (which from previous posts I gather you have), you’re gonna have a good retirement! Not sure how close you are to your ‘golden’ years, but they sound bright!
The only thing he needs now is to learn the 15 mph rule...

xXWfq0G.jpg

Meant union background of family members. Father, uncles, aunts, grandparents, cousins. Vast majority were union members of one sort or another. Personally I was only a Teamster. Trying to make point that I was born and raised in a strongly pro union family. My distaste for the Unions have been brought on solely by the actions I have seen first hand or through reliable second hand family accounts. The Unions themselves have pushed me to be very jaded about who and what they are in modern America. I get what they did in the past and I am grateful for those that came before but I'm pretty sure my Grandad was turning over in his grave when CFCC worked through the last National Freight strike.

Your ripping on unions because your worried the bosses read this , no way you would talk like this if we were at the bar , so you get a big 10-4 for saying what the boss wants to hear
You are very wrong. I am not afraid to say what I believe to any one. I think R&L as it is currently managed is a cesspool of favoritism, poor management and insipidness. My SCM is a clown. The safety director is a fool. I think Larry Roberts is a good guy but he's more worried about his horse farms than the company right now. The dock at my barn is infested by low life addicts that have no business running towmotors. As a matter of fact I have two applications out right now. I am not beholden to R&L in any way shape or form. As I've often said there are three ways to do things; the right way, the wrong way, and the R&L way. Right now the BS and stupidity represented by the R & L way has reached a point where after 10 years I'm getting ready to leave. The main reason is all connected to dumb BS that my SCM gets away with by action and inaction on his part. So you should rethink your post and have care when you try to predict what others think.

Ill say this once and once only to you and Rodeo. You are a guest in the R+L forum. Do not come here and start discussing the union. This is your only warning.