Estes | Pay Raise

Yeah it's $40 an hour for vacation and sick pay. Holidays are $32.50 I think. They normally go up each year with the pay increase. One of those things we will find out later.

It’s “up to” $40 an hour. If you have a little part time run you’ll get a little less.
$25.50 an hour for vacation pay isn't a little less, more like a lot less. 80 hours total vacation pay this year for $2040, as on my pay stub yearly summary. Run of 2140 miles per week. Holliday pay 40 hours for $1280 which comes to $32 an hour. Sick pay 24 hours for $612 which comes to again $25.50.
So obviously there is a big discretion between the number of miles you run the previous year to the amount of vacation/sick pay amount received. Holiday pay the same.

$25.50 an hour for vacation pay isn't a little less, more like a lot less. 80 hours total vacation pay this year for $2040, as on my pay stub yearly summary. Run of 2140 miles per week. Holliday pay 40 hours for $1280 which comes to $32 an hour. Sick pay 24 hours for $612 which comes to again $25.50.
So obviously there is a big discretion between the number of miles you run the previous year to the amount of vacation/sick pay amount received. Holiday pay the same.
I don't get why you're not maxed out on vacation pay. With a 2140 mile weekly run it's still up in the the $80k's annually. That comes to around 40 bucks an hour on an 8 hour day. Even tho with those miles you probably work less than 40 hours

I don't get why you're not maxed out on vacation pay. With a 2140 mile weekly run it's still up in the the $80k's annually. That comes to around 40 bucks an hour on an 8 hour day. Even tho with those miles you probably work less than 40 hours
Thanks Mildew. You were right. After you comment I did some more digging as to why I didn't receive the maximum vacation/sick pay of $40 but the minimum of $25.50. Then I remembered I did a transfer 8 1/2 months into 2022 from an Estes East terminal to a West. Could it be possible that corporate messed up and determined my rate from only the 3 1/2 months at West? Sure did. I'll be getting the additional $1500 I should have received next pay check. Owe you a beer!!! Cheers

Thanks Mildew. You were right. After you comment I did some more digging as to why I didn't receive the maximum vacation/sick pay of $40 but the minimum of $25.50. Then I remembered I did a transfer 8 1/2 months into 2022 from an Estes East terminal to a West. Could it be possible that corporate messed up and determined my rate from only the 3 1/2 months at West? Sure did. I'll be getting the additional $1500 I should have received next pay check. Owe you a beer!!! Cheers
Good deal!
Glad you've checked into it and they've found out the mistake
:guinesssmilie:

Thx for the info. I personally can’t wait. Thought of staying extra board but I think I’ll take a run instead. Good money on extra board but tired of Northeast and the uncertainty.
Thinking of switching to extra myself, not for the money, just tired of driving back and forth to work everyday, then looking for a tractor, having to fill it up again, They like to tear my assigned one up when I'm not there for some strange reason or another
We have a bunch of runs, day and night and I don't like any of them lol. I ran a couple of those 648 mile daytime runs for other drivers recently.
When I finished for the day I said to myself, "Anybody that runs one of these runs don't run one of these runs because they want too, it's because they have too!!"
That was a full day. Full day meaning like 13.5 hours. It's 2 days for some. We also have 6 hour daytime and nighttime runs.

Last edited:
Thinking of switching to extra myself, not for the money, just tired of driving back and forth to work everyday, then looking for a tractor, having to fill it up again, They like to tear my assigned one up when I'm not there for some strange reason or another
We have a bunch of runs, day and night and I don't like any of them lol. I ran a couple of those 648 mile daytime runs for other drivers recently.
When I finished for the day I said to myself, "Anybody that runs one of these runs don't run one of these runs because they want too, it's because they have too!!"
That was a full day. Full day meaning like 13.5 hours. It's 2 days for some. We also have 6 hour daytime and nighttime runs.
City dispatch at my terminal doesn’t care if the assigned tractor to a run is back on time or not. I’m torn between a lay down or turn. If it wasn’t because I run a lot of northeast I would stay extra board. It’s crazy the difference between running northeast or the south. I can get about 3k miles down south. Up north usually have to work 14 hours to get any miles.

648 mite as well drive a camper to work