Estes | Pay Raise

Many new drivers hired with freight experience have been getting bumped to top of scale after one year with the company. If you just got your CDL you will probably have to wait three years to top out.

Many new drivers hired with freight experience have been getting bumped to top of scale after one year with the company. If you just got your CDL you will probably have to wait three years to top out.
They bumped up the starting pay at our terminal. Said they did a survey of other employers and found we were below what others were starting at and that’s why we couldn’t attract applicants. Bumped it by $2 an hour

Had our Monday meeting this morning and the Driver raises Were given out. $1.00 for p&d and 2cpm for road. Starts Jan 3rd. And with no insurance increases we’ll get to keep it all. Thanks Rob
No insurance increases. Except the change on the deductible from 500.00 to 750.00
Had our Monday meeting this morning and the Driver raises Were given out. $1.00 for p&d and 2cpm for road. Starts Jan 3rd. And with no insurance increases we’ll get to keep it all. Thanks Rob
No insurance increases out of your paycheck. Though the in network deductible went from 500.00 to 750.00

Nobody want's to do this kinda stuff anymore. I talk to so many that can't drive at night, don't wanna pull doubles, don't wanna be gone from momma, dont wanna work in the city, don't wanna deal with hazmat etc
Many can care less about the money. Think that's more of the problem

Nobody want's to do this kinda stuff anymore. I talk to so many that can't drive at night, don't wanna pull doubles, don't wanna be gone from momma, dont wanna work in the city, don't wanna deal with hazmat etc
We’re often our own worst enemy. Smh

I assume you're saying, this younger generation is smarter than us old farts!

I assume you're saying, this younger generation is smarter than us old farts!
As a linehaul driver while also going to college I can assure you that the younger generation is not interested in being away from home for extended periods of time (extra board) like we did. There’s a huge shortage of drivers and I think ultimately it will lead to autonomous vehicles. I ran the board for a while and I’d quit if forced to go back.

Exactly. At 55 now, i can honestly say i fall into one of those category’s. Night driving with these eyes is an issue.I’m hopefully going to work at the small Asheville,Nc terminal in a few days(interview today)as a Hub/Combo driver. Young guys shouldn’t have any problems with any of those deterrents you mentioned. Most young people are flat out lazy!!

Exactly. At 55 now, i can honestly say i fall into one of those category’s. Night driving with these eyes is an issue.I’m hopefully going to work at the small Asheville,Nc terminal in a few days(interview today)as a Hub/Combo driver. Young guys shouldn’t have any problems with any of those deterrents you mentioned. Most young people are flat out lazy!!
So are most older people.

Hub/combo is mostly going to be nights out of a smaller terminal unless you're one of the lucky ones that gets to fill in on the city side of things.

So are most older people.

Hub/combo is mostly going to be nights out of a smaller terminal unless you're one of the lucky ones that gets to fill in on the city side of things.
I’m taking my DOT Physical and drug test today,( which is clean) so i guess that means I’m hired.no points and 0 accidents.