FedEx Freight | Pay Raise?

IrishRocket

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard XPO around the central OH area is getting bumped to $35+ an hour. Has anyone else heard about that or if FedEx will do anything to match it? I know the answer is probably no they won't. After all, the only thing they like being the top in is freight charges!

I THOUGHT they may do an early bump in April due to inflation, but it ain't happening.

Supposedly, the Cpi and inflation rate is running at 7.9-8.2%.
There is no debate there.

But, I personally see inflation at LEAST at 12%,and in many aspects, it's closer to 20%.

Pound of ground beef, toilet paper, washing machines, clothing, tuition, health care, and autos. All of these things are well up more than 10%.

So, let's say that Fx ONLY uses the REAL inflation rate as a bell weather. That would be over a $2.50 bump for just the bottom scale guys, and we KNOW Fx ain't about to give a 7.9% raise.

I bet anything this October sees an insulting 3%.

I honestly thought last October you guys would get a decent bump, especially considering the record earnings they've had for 2 strait years, and the June report will be even stronger.

I don't get it. Massive profits, record earnings, an extreme driver shortage, and they come back 3%??!
Then,to pi$$ all over the people they wish to retain, Fred Smith goes on Tv and says Fx is going warp speed with AV.

Nice.
Really, top notch work.

I THOUGHT they may do an early bump in April due to inflation, but it ain't happening.

Supposedly, the Cpi and inflation rate is running at 7.9-8.2%.
There is no debate there.

But, I personally see inflation at LEAST at 12%,and in many aspects, it's closer to 20%.

Pound of ground beef, toilet paper, washing machines, clothing, tuition, health care, and autos. All of these things are well up more than 10%.

So, let's say that Fx ONLY uses the REAL inflation rate as a bell weather. That would be over a $2.50 bump for just the bottom scale guys, and we KNOW Fx ain't about to give a 7.9% raise.

I bet anything this October sees an insulting 3%.

I honestly thought last October you guys would get a decent bump, especially considering the record earnings they've had for 2 strait years, and the June report will be even stronger.

I don't get it. Massive profits, record earnings, an extreme driver shortage, and they come back 3%??!
Then,to pi$$ all over the people they wish to retain, Fred Smith goes on Tv and says Fx is going warp speed with AV.

Nice.
Really, top notch work.
Yea,with the record profits the next thing they go after will be the bonus.

I heard XPO around the central OH area is getting bumped to $35+ an hour. Has anyone else heard about that or if FedEx will do anything to match it? I know the answer is probably no they won't. After all, the only thing they like being the top in is freight charges!
You just answered your own question

I wish they'd bring up the rest of the terminals that they passed over for the GPD bump last fall. Mine included.
No kidding. They bumped some of the "C" up to "D" but said we didn't meet "criteria". Yet we are a training facility, product & equipment test facility, run almost 2 dozen liftgate pup and RDP routes on top of the other nearly 100 routes, nearly 300 doors, housing alone up 25+% on top of 8+% inflation etc etc etc. What exactly is their "criteria"?

I just read that Southeastern is at .76 cpm with drop & hooks as well...

I know they don’t matter much to most of you as they are a regional carrier but man oh man.. how is it that we are falling SOOOO behind? SE is in areas of CLT, ATL (both major hubs) what is going on.. this is sad and we are just falling behind badly.

Last edited:
I just read that Southeastern is at .76 cpm with drop & hooks as well...

I know they don’t matter much to most of you as they are a regional carrier but man oh man.. how is it that we are falling SOOOO behind? SE is in areas of CLT, ATL (both major hubs) what is going on.. this is sad and we are just falling behind badly.
The painfully obvious answer is that as long as workers accept the wages being offered why should the company offer more?

The painfully obvious answer is that as long as workers accept the wages being offered why should the company offer more?
Most of the people complain about not being up to what other locations and/or carriers are. Higher ups don't care. Their jobs are to get everyone below them to work/make as little as possible because the faster they get them off the clock and out the door the better they look and the bigger their bonuses are. I know road is different because it's not hourly but these crash test dummies for new hires they bring in are killing us!

Most of the people complain about not being up to what other locations and/or carriers are. Higher ups don't care. Their jobs are to get everyone below them to work/make as little as possible because the faster they get them off the clock and out the door the better they look and the bigger their bonuses are. I know road is different because it's not hourly but these crash test dummies for new hires they bring in are killing us!
too many sheep and sick duckers work here, just sayin
I don't want to get into a union/non-union debate but let's be realistic. If most people in the industry were organized there would be strength in numbers and the pressure for higher wages would be applied evenly across all or at least most all companies in the industry. As it is now, we are fragmented. The Teamsters only represent a few unionized companies and they don't have the great leverage they had in the past because of the simple fact that they represent a much smaller percentage of the workers. It's not a level playing field for that reason and the companies know that. The only way all of us in the industry will have any real leverage for higher wages is if we all simultaneously put pressure on all the companies. And the only way that will happen is if we all are organized. Simple fact, like it or not.

The painfully obvious answer is that as long as workers accept the wages being offered why should the company offer more? What do you expect workers to do when they don't get the raise there expecting since about 80-90% of the workers live waaaaay above there mean no matter how much they make! Y You expect them to go on strike or vote for the U.. Thats laughable at best!

Last edited: