Averitt | Pay raise ?

I'm still basking in the glory of our new vacation package from last year!

The vacation package irritated many, it didn’t do squat for anyone less than 18 or 19 years except give us something to look forward to. AE STILL lags behind others vacation packages even after the revision.
Even with the upcoming raise announcement, a few of us decided it was time, I’m just waiting the phone call myself

I could care less who it irritated, folk will always find something to whine about. I'm loving it ! And I don't blame you for looking elsewhere, many,many have found greener grass. I will always say we spend too much time on duty to be miserable.

I could care less who it irritated, folk will always find something to whine about

Bravo to you!! let’s don’t be selfish or self-centered here. We have just over 1000 over 20 members at a company who employs 10,000 people, so they gave something to 10% of their employees, they didn’t care who they irritated either.

I heard through the grapevine a 20+ year driver in NAS and "Operations Leader" Jimmy Williams left.
He was a 13 or 14 year driver and yes “jw” had his last day yesterday. And I know of another who is a 15 year driver who has an interview Monday and a several of us are awaiting the phone interview

That's awesome I hope they find contentment in their new ventures, many have and have found great opportunities outside the Big Red Team.

I have many friends that drive for the competition and they are hiring like crazy and with starting pay way above our top out. Now is a great time to jump ship.

A driver shortage troubles truck lines nationwide. In Memphis, Intermodal Cartage Co. has its own solution — raise pay 30 percent.

Intermodal Cartage announced the new terms publicly on Wednesday, saying the pay for the typical driver rose to about $65,000 per year on Monday from $50,000. Bonuses on top of the pay can reach $6,000 per year.

Higher pay could help the Memphis firm retain drivers and recruit them from other areas.

"We've just gone way too long in the industry underpaying these drivers,'’ said Mark George, chairman of Intermodal Cartage owner IMC Companies.

Management used to laugh off or joke around when asked about a raise, they would avoid answering, now they look at you and say that it’s overdue and corporate has to do something.

Has anyone else heard about a bunch of drivers walking out and making the move recently?

exas-based Crestwood Transportation is now starting tanker drivers in its central region at 60 cents per mile, a 14 cpm raise from the previous 46 cents. The pay raise went into affect March 21. The raise means those drivers can now start at up to $80-85,000 per year, according to the company.

“Safety is the number one outcome we strive for and we want to reward new and current drivers by paying them an excellent income for their safe driving records,” said Dave Renfrew, Crestwood’s director of driver resources.

The pay raise applies to drivers in the fleet’s central region, which covers an area including eastern Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Michigan.

New drivers must have two years of experience, a tanker and hazmat endorsement, and a clean driving record. Drivers also receive load pay, layover pay and detention pay.

Bravo to you!! let’s don’t be selfish or self-centered here. We have just over 1000 over 20 members at a company who employs 10,000 people, so they gave something to 10% of their employees, they didn’t care who they irritated either.
It irritated me that it took me 26 years to get the fourth week. It should have been changed years ago.

Management used to laugh off or joke around when asked about a raise, they would avoid answering, now they look at you and say that it’s overdue and corporate has to do something.

Has anyone else heard about a bunch of drivers walking out and making the move recently?
Yep, we’ve had several leave recently and rumors are that others are looking.

Yep, we’ve had several leave recently and rumors are that others are looking.
Now is the time to bail ! Everyone is hiring and coming from Averitt with a clean record is a shoe in. I know some of my co-workers wish about half of Ktown would quit but all of our Shuttle drivers except for 3 have 20 years plus, 5 over 30 years. We ain't going anywhere.

My days of big truck trucking are over. The trucking industry as a whole is in major trouble because of government intervention (people that don't know squat about trucking). An over-regulated industry that is losing longtime drivers (such as myself...good thing) and the younger generation doesn't want anything to do with it. I've seen this trend barreling at the industry for over a decade.
The problem is that the industry does not see it and many think that $0.43 per mile is going to have drivers knocking their doors down.
Keep at it FMCSA and the US Government. WHen there are no drivers to drive the goods, put the freight on driverless trucks and see how well that goes.