Averitt | Pay raise ?

Lots of rumors but no word from leadership. I just hope I get my penny this month. One year to go to top out in Shuttle and just think it only took 11 years.

congrats truckload.........

-layover went from $50 to $100
-detention went from $14 to $20
-multi stop pay went from $10 to $20 per stop
-shuttle runs still pay actual miles as they have plus a $25 extra per shuttle load
- local delivery pay went from $25 to $50
- top pay went up 2cents for drivers who have been with them 5 plus years other smaller raises for 3 plus and 4 plus year drivers

Starts in august

Sounds like a sweet deal, congrats TL friends you deserve it !
They make it sound good,
1. How often does the driver lay over, not much
2. How often does a driver get multiple stops....not often
3. Hourly pay for breakdown is capped at 10 hrs
4. Shuttle pay GOOD DEAL...However outside carriers are pulling more and more LTL shuttle freight, that T/L used to pull
5. .02 cpm raise...wrong...1.5cpm ONLY if you have 14 safety points, otherwise your pay rate stays the same
6. Local pay...ONLY if it is in the same city....otherwise mileage
My source...My Fleet Manager.....As I could not get on to the pod cast...for the life of me I don't know why it's not posted in black and white on the Inside Averitt site. I bet those T/L drivers domiciled above the Ohio river who topped out at .46 are making .48....but all that is supposed to be kept a secret. So basically MY thoughts are...SHOVE IT

They make it sound good,
1. How often does the driver lay over, not much
2. How often does a driver get multiple stops....not often
3. Hourly pay for breakdown is capped at 10 hrs
4. Shuttle pay GOOD DEAL...However outside carriers are pulling more and more LTL shuttle freight, that T/L used to pull
5. .02 cpm raise...wrong...1.5cpm ONLY if you have 14 safety points, otherwise your pay rate stays the same
6. Local pay...ONLY if it is in the same city....otherwise mileage
My source...My Fleet Manager.....As I could not get on to the pod cast...for the life of me I don't know why it's not posted in black and white on the Inside Averitt site. I bet those T/L drivers domiciled above the Ohio river who topped out at .46 are making .48....but all that is supposed to be kept a secret. So basically MY thoughts are...SHOVE IT

After a couple of days of thinking I'm right there with you, all those extra's aren't received very often. Detention pay was rare for me when I was t'/l, you may hit 4-5 hours and tell your fleet mgr only to find out the next day that customer doesn't pay detention. The local pay thing should pay at all times if it's greater than the pay per mile, but you are right if the terminal is in Grand prairie and it delivers to a suburb 3 miles away with a different city limit/zip code, the driver gets paid 3 miles vs the $50. I suspect the average man's check goes up very little in truckload, not a retention tool

T/L is going to continue to lose drivers no matter what...however it all comes down to what is deposited into your bank account...
Time spent on the road>miles ran during that time>money earned should= enough money to live on and pay bills!
My fleet manager told me that he would get me to the next cookout so I can get back up to 14 points from the 12 I currently have. I told him to not to worry about it, If Averitt does not recognize what I have contributed over the last 11.5 years in T/L that's their problem...getting me to a cookout will probably get me fired as I will tell them what I think of the EXCITING NEW PAY SCALE!

Last edited:
They lost a good shuttle driver in me and I am quite sure they installed yet another yes man robot to do their bidding. It really is a shame to see a once "fair" company swirl down the toilet.

Any rumors around about the LTL side of raises? All I hear are rumors citing an announcement in Oct but management is tight lipped about anything but there are rumors coming from corp, anyone else heard these? or are we just out of one for this year?

Management will tell you they are on your side but you are nothing more than a number, in a database, that gets sent an electronically produced anniversary card and birthday card.
Raises, they made SUCH a bruhaha over the rises last year that I would lmost wager that you on't see one for this year. This from a former driver who is thrilled to be not working there any longer.

Very generous and well deserved raise, so thankful. Teams are the big winners at .05 raise, that too well deserved for a tough job I can imagine.

I don't know what your pay scale is right now but that is nice bump. Congratulations. :guiness:

Yeah you're right LTL lifer...AE wants to drive a Cadillac and make Kia payments...
Hard to believe I wasted almost 20 years of my life at a company that is so ineptly run.

In the words of rocker Bob Seger, I always felt like the words to this song:

BOB SEGER
"Feel Like A Number"

I take my card and I stand in line
To make a buck I work overtime
Dear Sir letters keep coming in the mail
I work my back till it's racked with pain
The boss can't even recall my name
I show up late and I'm docked
It never fails
I feel like just another
Spoke in a great big wheel