R&L | Pay raise?

Embarrassing! They wonder why we can't get qualified drivers.

Friday at our terminal new driver complained he had to go to shop because 5th wheel missing handle. Then he came back into office complaining shop told him to switch trucks.
This same guy got fired from saia, fed ex, Dayton and Estes. But R&L hired him

Friday at our terminal new driver complained he had to go to shop because 5th wheel missing handle. Then he came back into office complaining shop told him to switch trucks.
This same guy got fired from saia, fed ex, Dayton and Estes. But R&L hired him
Missing handle? How the hell did that happen?

who knows?

probably got is lodged around king pin
Yeah I've seen a high pin BEND a handle, but missing ?!? Wow ! I think I'd be looking back at the previous driver if it wasn't the same guy. If it was the same guy, he should be shown the door.

Yeah I've seen a high pin BEND a handle, but missing ?!? Wow ! I think I'd be looking back at the previous driver if it wasn't the same guy. If it was the same guy, he should be shown the door.
I should be shocked at readin about a fifth wheel pull handle bein gone, but this company hires morons that see nothin wrong with tryin to drag a 13’ 6” truck under an 11’6” bridge.

Has anyone heard anything about another pay increase for L/H for the amount of complaints made?

Upper management was at our terminal.

Is this true? I don't believe anything they say

Has anyone heard anything about another pay increase for L/H for the amount of complaints made?

I haven't heard anything. I know my barn has some really good runs but we have our fair share of crap runs too . About 60/40 split good/bad. I was linehaul first year or so and nearly quit several times. Offering me a chance to move to the city side was what kept me there. They do need to do something about linehaul rate inequities . My first year there were nights I was doing 95$ a night

I haven't heard anything. I know my barn has some really good runs but we have our fair share of crap runs too . About 60/40 split good/bad. I was linehaul first year or so and nearly quit several times. Offering me a chance to move to the city side was what kept me there. They do need to do something about linehaul rate inequities . My first year there were nights I was doing 95$ a night

That's ridiculous!

Ted, thats why I left FEDEX..would get paid .5 hr to hook a set, then paid mileage for 21 miles then .5 to split set, then work dock for seversl hours at hourly rate. Some nights, would have no dock work so would get paid to re hook set , mileage another 21 miles then paid to drop. Worked out to about 55.00 a night and FEDEX saw nothing wrong with that. Today, they can not find drivers to fill those BID RUNS and cant figure out why....sad to go from 3k miles a week to that but thats the FEDEX way..just a number now

Ted, thats why I left FEDEX..would get paid .5 hr to hook a set, then paid mileage for 21 miles then .5 to split set, then work dock for seversl hours at hourly rate. Some nights, would have no dock work so would get paid to re hook set , mileage another 21 miles then paid to drop. Worked out to about 55.00 a night and FEDEX saw nothing wrong with that. Today, they can not find drivers to fill those BID RUNS and cant figure out why....sad to go from 3k miles a week to that but thats the FEDEX way..just a number now

I knew a guy who had a run like that. Fed Ex can't understand why he didn't care

Why not pay linehaul the same rate as city? We would be competitive with the other companies on pay and maybe we could attract drivers from the ltl sector that have experience.

Why not pay linehaul the same rate as city? We would be competitive with the other companies on pay and maybe we could attract drivers from the ltl sector that have experience.

They already do that here in California, I heard OR and WA too, so I don’t see why they can’t spread it company wide.

They already do that here in California, I heard OR and WA too, so I don’t see why they can’t spread it company wide.

Would make sense. Especially if it's true R & L cutting shipping price. They're going to need L/H to work extra

Ted, didn't you post an outline of LH pay per mile somewhere? I recall reading something like that from you.
Like...If LH run is 0-300 miles you get such and such amount.

Ted, didn't you post an outline of LH pay per mile somewhere? I recall reading something like that from you.
Like...If LH run is 0-300 miles you get such and such amount.
Not anything system wide. Just a few routes I've actually done myself recently so I know info is accurate. The list is under the thread title "Some linehaul rates". It's about 10 threads down on the this forum. I list actual mileage and later in the thread some zip to zip breakdown .