ABF | Pay scale and vacation time for South Chicago

Tonto-jump-onit

TB Lurker
Credits
I am interested in applying for the road driver position for the south Chicago/Sauk village terminal . Can anyone give me some insight as to how pay and vacation time works there ? Also if anyone knows what the work schedule is like could give me some information . For instance if weekends and such are required . You guys have an awesome benefits package , sign on bonus , and a great pension all to offer so I'm greatly considering it . I am currently with a non union outfit (Dayton) and have a great seniority spot in the top 10. Just trying to make the decision if the jump is right for me .

Oh boy, does this make me laugh. Sorry, but I have some bad news.

I don't have recent information about vacation and pay progression, but while you're on-call your first few years, you may as well forget about life outside those green trucks.

Weekends and holidays "can" be expected? Hahaha why you soft-selling that ::shit::? You'll work 24/7/365. Days of the week will cease to matter, time of day will cease to matter. They call, you go.

Six tours of duty, then you get 48 hours off. Sounds like two days off, but it's NOT. Do the math. You were on the day shift before? After 48 hours, you're on the nightshift. You spend your time off preparing to flip your sleep schedule.

I'm a hard worker, but ABF was just too much out of that terminal.

I am interested in applying for the road driver position for the south Chicago/Sauk village terminal . Can anyone give me some insight as to how pay and vacation time works there ? Also if anyone knows what the work schedule is like could give me some information . For instance if weekends and such are required . You guys have an awesome benefits package , sign on bonus , and a great pension all to offer so I'm greatly considering it . I am currently with a non union outfit (Dayton) and have a great seniority spot in the top 10. Just trying to make the decision if the jump is right for me .
Yup prepare for no life.

Oh boy, does this make me laugh. Sorry, but I have some bad news.

while you're on-call your first few years, you may as well forget about life outside those green trucks.

Weekends and holidays "can" be expected? Hahaha why you soft-selling that ****? You'll work 24/7/365. Days of the week will cease to matter, time of day will cease to matter. They call, you go.

Six tours of duty, then you get 48 hours off. Sounds like two days off, but it's NOT. Do the math. You were on the day shift before? After 48 hours, you're on the nightshift. You spend your time off preparing to flip your sleep schedule.

I'm a hard worker, but ABF was just too much out of that terminal.
If ABF finds out that you are working and have a life outside of the truck they will do everything possible to destroy that life.
A better name for ABF would be WFC for Weekend Freight Company. Your first years you will only work on the weekends.

No life and low wages. Maybe a pension someday. I have 25 years and I’m holding my breath. The teamsters are much happier trying to score contracts for police and bus drivers to even show up at your work.
Other than that it’s wonderful.

Call the hall or find out who one of the stewards are & ask them. von.

If your married! You can kiss half your Pension goodbye, To the Divorce your gonna get.
Not true.....If you plan ahead. First when she's not looking, mark everything you buy with your initials. Now when she says she wants a divorce, don't fight it!! Just tell her, you'll take all your stuff, mention tools, clothes, etc. Then tell her she can have the rest, just sign off taking any part of your Pension. After she signs off (make sure to have it notarized) Just take everything with your initials lol. Two divorces after twenty years the first, and fifteen on the second. I retired with the whole pension to myself lol!! I should have listened to my second's father. He told me to rent don't buy!!!

Anybody know the pay scale and the good,bad and the ugly at Des Plaines IL terminal? Possibly looking at Line haul. Thanks

Stay where you are at one of my friends just went there from Yellow already hit with a 4 day layoff