pay

thats rite i know you will watching--do you
call up mangt. at wallyworld and report on
drivers like you did up j6?

as far as steve is concerned ,he made his
own destiny. i ran into him at a stop and
he said he is doin ok--well i wish him luck.
I was at Jevic a long time and enjoyed my relationships with most of my co-workers .I had a good relationship with Management as I had ocasion to travel to all of the facilitys on a regular basis .
Most know me by name,if not reputation as a no nonsense type .If something was askew I would certainly bring it to someone's attention that could do something about the situation . Not document it on the sh-t hou-e wall . I did not keep track of every drivers move at J6 or have a close personel relationship with Steve . He was and is still called the superviser because he had the ear of the router for New England ,and knew what everyone was doing and used that information to his benefit .
Its sad but true , that Steve had some unfortunate series of events come his way but I was gone by then ,back to my Island in Maine ,living my life unencumbered by the daily routine of watching Steve and some others getting special treatment from some of the Team . and its my understanding that the" special "router for J6 reginal and local was also terminated not soon after Steve was !
So goes life !

I left on good terms and enjoy going home every night from Wal-Mart. But I do miss my friends from Jevic , are you one?

You say I reported on drivers . Good Drivers need all the praise they can get . thats what you mean right ? if you have some specific item that's bothering you get it out brother .the truth will set you free .

You obviously know me and steve also .yet you hide behind a pseudonym and imply that I am some one that dimes out drivers ! who is that that you think I have done wrong .You can come clean here you are among friends . until next time good luck to you all and remember you never know who is watching so act accordingly ! still a fan :smilie_132:

Does it really matter?
This whole New Century issue is getting old.
Yellow and Roadway both make more per mile than we do but I never see a thread asking why.
What matters to me is the bottom line. I make less per mile than other LTL carriers but at the end of the year, I make more.
Why? Because I can.
New Century is no longer even in the same league as us and if you'd pay attention, you would see this.
I say 3 cents per mile, great for them.
Show me the money!!
At the end of the year, I would compare W-2's with ANYONE in the LTL industry.
:thread:

HEY DUMB DUMB THATS BECAUSE YOU WORK MORE HRS THEN THEM DUHHH

Well, Jevic Takeaway Corp. has done it again. Not only will we be confined to the right lane, and in the domain of the REAL dangerous drivers, like Swift and Co., and can't get out of our on way, much less get away from them, But: This speed reduction thing is nothing more than a back-door pay cut. I figure I'll be driving 1 more hr. per day, for the same pay, which breaks down to less $ per hr. And that extra hr. comes out of my personal time, which I value highly. Jevic doesn't care. They think they own us, anyhow. Everything that has come to pass has hurt the driver, and it sure seems to me they're trying their dead-level best to ****-off and weed-out the senior drivers, so Jevic can look even better on paper.

Then, when the hi-ups have completely ruined what used to be a great job, they'll probably be on their merry way to a bigger and brighter future somewhere else, by showing how they improved Jevic's BOTTOM LINE.:nutkick:

Well, Jevic Takeaway Corp. has done it again. Not only will we be confined to the right lane, and in the domain of the REAL dangerous drivers, like Swift and Co., and can't get out of our on way, much less get away from them, But: This speed reduction thing is nothing more than a back-door pay cut. I figure I'll be driving 1 more hr. per day, for the same pay, which breaks down to less $ per hr. And that extra hr. comes out of my personal time, which I value highly. Jevic doesn't care. They think they own us, anyhow. Everything that has come to pass has hurt the driver, and it sure seems to me they're trying their dead-level best to ****-off and weed-out the senior drivers, so Jevic can look even better on paper.

Then, when the hi-ups have completely ruined what used to be a great job, they'll probably be on their merry way to a bigger and brighter future somewhere else, by showing how they improved Jevic's BOTTOM LINE.:nutkick:

:1036316054: AMEN BROTHER YOU SAID IT!! BUT WAIT YOU ARE STILL SUPPOSE TO CARE :hysterical: : :smilie_132:

Right MT, I do care. Oh, yes, I care, alright. I care on the same level as all the other drivers who stuck by Jevic these last 8 yrs. or so, and still "Get No Respect". :Bondage:

HEY DUMB DUMB THATS BECAUSE YOU WORK MORE HRS THEN THEM DUHHH
:nutkick:

I'm not exactly sure which offends me more.
Being called a dumb dumb or you thinking that I am that stupid as to not know why I make more.
I think that was the point I was trying to make.
I make more because I work more.
Pretty simple concept.:1036316054:

Right MT, I do care. Oh, yes, I care, alright. I care on the same level as all the other drivers who stuck by Jevic these last 8 yrs. or so, and still "Get No Respect". :Bondage:

I started with Jevic 7 1/2 yrs ago. We were a different company. We were able to flood the streets with drivers and not be so stressed about hours. I used to meet my local drivers who are AWESOME for beakfast every Friday. We'd discuss customers, competition, etc... It was great! But guess what, we weren't making money!

If we didn't change in many ways, we'd be a closed company.

All the changes everyone sees affect every employee. Not just the drivers. There isn't anyone in our company who ins't affected.
We have had 7 years of being owned by "company killer" Yellow, followed by the genius brain trust of SCS who is currently ruining Saia.

So as we all lament of days gone by when we'd all show up, be treated like royalty, hug every morning, etc etc etc ....

Take a look at all the other blogs here. All the other companies that aren't the same as they were 8 years ago. The point is that NOTHING is the same. Everyone is cutting, everyone is stressed. Shippers of the smaller variety are comanding unheard of pricing. They're getting discounts into the 80's. Our choice is to figure stuff out or get out of the game. Just like every other ltl company.

Every company has to struggle to figure out how to survive in these times. We do things and make decisions in order to keep us running. Do all the decisions work? I don't know. I can't sit here and go 1 by 1 and judge their merit. I'm not smart enough.

The bottom line is this. What is absolutley comical to me is that drivers or any employees have a notion that someone is sitting around getting their jollies by singling out a group of employees to make their lives tougher. That frame of mind is narcisistic and immature.

We got a company to run and a job to do. There is no other trucking company around that values their employees and does what they can to keep them happy.

ps Save the comments about the VP of Ops. 1 mis quoted comment from 2 years ago is getting stale.

We gotta get our s**t together. All of us.

gab-as far as the vp--i was not there
when the comment was made nor do
i know the driver personally so basically
its heresay to me.
i was told about the comment by two guys on this board in person.

what was mis quoted?

have a nice wknd gab and thanx for
coming on the board.

ps ,who is the top rated tat artist in
the philly area?--looking for a portrait-

gab-as far as the vp--i was not there
when the comment was made nor do
i know the driver personally so basically
its heresay to me.
i was told about the comment by two guys on this board in person.

what was mis quoted?

have a nice wknd gab and thanx for
coming on the board.

ps ,who is the top rated tat artist in
the philly area?--looking for a portrait-

check out my guy, he's on the money! Mercury Tattoo Studio .......... Glenside, PA .......... (215) 517 - 8833 follow the links for Brian D. He's in Glenside PA. He's got a year waiting list but if you like what he does, send me a personal message, I can get you in sooner...

Hey Gabb, I am gona go out on the line and say the one good thing the Yellow did good was raise the 401 match from 25 to 50 cents,
wich im sure if they did not we would still be at 25. That is a substanial increase in to your retirement when the company contributes. I kwow for februrary we surpassed last years numbers way before months end, and with J2 hammered with freight, drivers are working with dock workers to get loads out! I would imagine our O.R. must be in the mid 90's something we have not seen in a few years. Save here save there, cut here cut there it must look pretty good to "Sun"?

:nutkick:

I'm not exactly sure which offends me more.
Being called a dumb dumb or you thinking that I am that stupid as to not know why I make more.
I think that was the point I was trying to make.
I make more because I work more.
Pretty simple concept.:1036316054:

I know the point you were trying to make i understand what you are saying BUTTT you are to Dumb to be offended :nutkick: :funky: :

Gab we are not asking to be treated like royality. we are just tired of being treated like crap. and being ignored. when we go to the ops mngr and try to tell him something we get the wave off, and dont even get a chance to explain what is going on, and when it comes to the Cheetah system there is not even proper time to get a class to lean it properly. they give out a 45min class and you are told to go figure it out the best you can.equipmet not properly maintained ,or the dock falling apart, what we need is someone who can take the bull by the horn's and lead it down the proper path. look we know there needs to be cuts to be healthy but to totally ignor things is just plain wrong .until things are corrected we will try try try and still be on the wrong road.

Gab we are not asking to be treated like royality. we are just tired of being treated like crap. and being ignored. when we go to the ops mngr and try to tell him something we get the wave off, and dont even get a chance to explain what is going on, and when it comes to the Cheetah system there is not even proper time to get a class to lean it properly. they give out a 45min class and you are told to go figure it out the best you can.equipmet not properly maintained ,or the dock falling apart, what we need is someone who can take the bull by the horn's and lead it down the proper path. look we know there needs to be cuts to be healthy but to totally ignor things is just plain wrong .until things are corrected we will try try try and still be on the wrong road.

I'm with you. There's room for improvement everywhere. I can tell you insales, I still got people not doing the right thing and 1 by 1 I'm weeding them out. I also know I'm no position to tell you that everything about your job is fine. I know there's room for improvment there also. And I trust in the Dave and Tim show to help steer us towards greatness.

I just get concerned when we paint a picture of a company in ruins becuase we aren't. I hate to see outsiders come on here and read our dirty laundry as if we're crumbling. It's like the loser Headcover who used to come here a full year after leaving just to talk smack and stir trouble. Used to drive me nuts.

If the Larry and Larry show ain't cutting it and it's legit, give Tom a try. Have your ducks in a row when you talk to him but if you do, he'll react. I work with him daily and trust him. Although I trust Larry and Larry very much.

I do talk to a couple of guys who said they don't care any more and their work reflects it. I just don't understand what their expectations are. I heard about a guy in the NY area caught stealing 3 hours a day. What the heck do we do with that? Is "Evil Jevic" so bad that that BS needs to go on? Again, we got things that could always be better, no doubt.

I just don't see in the LTL industry right now where there is a better place to work.

If we didn't change in many ways, we'd be a We got a company to run and a job to do. There is no other trucking company around that values their employees and does what they can to keep them happy.

Everyone knows changes needed to be made. But cutting trucks back and giving them less power hurts Jevic. We already struggle to deliver IL in 2 days with the hours of service. now by making trucks run slower between J5 and j1,J6 and J2 and J1,J6 and the like. We are not hub and spoke, our drivers run direct and hard to deliver the road loads. You can not make cookie cutter changes to Jevic.

I'm with you. There's room for improvement everywhere. I can tell you insales, I still got people not doing the right thing and 1 by 1 I'm weeding them out. I also know I'm no position to tell you that everything about your job is fine. I know there's room for improvment there also. And I trust in the Dave and Tim show to help steer us towards greatness.

I just get concerned when we paint a picture of a company in ruins becuase we aren't. I hate to see outsiders come on here and read our dirty laundry as if we're crumbling. It's like the loser Headcover who used to come here a full year after leaving just to talk smack and stir trouble. Used to drive me nuts.

If the Larry and Larry show ain't cutting it and it's legit, give Tom a try. Have your ducks in a row when you talk to him but if you do, he'll react. I work with him daily and trust him. Although I trust Larry and Larry very much.

I do talk to a couple of guys who said they don't care any more and their work reflects it. I just don't understand what their expectations are. I heard about a guy in the NY area caught stealing 3 hours a day. What the heck do we do with that? Is "Evil Jevic" so bad that that BS needs to go on? Again, we got things that could always be better, no doubt.

I just don't see in the LTL industry right now where there is a better place to work.
:hide::hide:
Look we all know Dave is doing what he can BUT if we did not care we would of left a longgg time ago I for one think that Dave needs to come back down to the trenches DONT worry we wont beat him up to bad :hysterical: