Estes | Pay

I went bouncing around on quite a few organized carriers websites only because a lot of those folks spend there weekends over here. I figured I owe it to them go have a peek and see what's going on over on the otherside. It seems they may want to try a different type of sod or it might be the fertilizer they're using.

I went bouncing around on quite a few organized carriers websites only because a lot of those folks spend there weekends over here. I figured I owe it to them go have a peek and see what's going on over on the otherside. It seems they may want to try a different type of sod or it might be the fertilizer they're using.

WTF are you trying to say. It makes no sense at all.

Not sure what colored glasses you are looking through but I see plenty of guys on both the city board and line board missing days and running shorter runs than usual. Just curious why everyone who is anti can only use Yellow as an example when it is very obvious that there seems to be some serious mismanagement and some unfortunate and ill timed decisions made there. Look at some of the other organized carriers and you will see a different picture although all in the trucking sector are having to adjust to a very weak economy. One big thing that E has going for them is a lack of debt if that is totally true. I have some reservations though since no one can independently verify this.

I use Yellow for an example, because I think they are a good, solid carrier, with great drivers. I have a friend who left Estes for Yellow about two years ago, and he has lost everything waiting for the phone to ring. He gets two days a week on average. He now lives in his sister's basement, because an over zealous flag waver got hold of him. He would love to now come back, but after his pep talk that prompted him to leave, told E to Bleep themselves. He's a young driver, and has learned a hard lesson that he will take to the future... I hope..

Your grass aint greener......Didn't expect you to understand :hysterical:
Put down your koolaid man I think somebody has spiked your punch. I think that you will find it pretty much black and white as far as the stock prices,earning reports and so forth from publicly held cos. so if your trying to say they are manure I have to question your assessment. Most of you guys that bash the U just sound so silly with no verifiable facts. You just come up with the same old dead BS. Just for your info I play in the same playground as the rest of you guys at E and I do fairly well all things considered but know of others that get the short end of the stick on a daily basis. My replies to these posts do not show any advocacy for organizing or not I just call it as I see it and if it's brown and stinks it's probably BS.

I just felt like having some fun yesterday...Howdja know I was drinking?....anyway..I'm a nice guy....really..... I hate to see anyone struggle. I think all LTL companies do well with the exeption of averitt and R&l. They may do well I just hear a lot of bs about them. Everyone here at the big E seems to do well. It seems that some folks have a hard time with it.

I just felt like having some fun yesterday...Howdja know I was drinking?....anyway..I'm a nice guy....really..... I hate to see anyone struggle. I think all LTL companies do well with the exeption of averitt and R&l. They may do well I just hear a lot of bs about them. Everyone here at the big E seems to do well. It seems that some folks have a hard time with it.

R&L does just fine.Like Estes we are a family owned company that is not publicly traded either.Privately owned companies are the ones that will last through these tough times and emerge even bigger.

Well They (BIG E ) calls it losing runs. But if you lose your run and guys I ran with did, Then you dont have a job. Tifton Ga. And Jacksonville Fl. are Two of the terminals.

Well They (BIG E ) calls it losing runs. But if you lose your run and guys I ran with did, Then you dont have a job. Tifton Ga. And Jacksonville Fl. are Two of the terminals.

We're they given a chance to goto the Extraboard or Green Board, or we're they and their runs eliminated? From alot of what I've heard when runs are eliminated, the drivers are given the opportunity to go Extra.

They alway's offer extra board if your run is cut. That's always been a problem here. I know folks that had the same run for years and lost them. They were alway's put on extra board. The problem is the emty miles on the return. If there is constant emty miles on a bid run it will eventually be cut. Some folks are spoiled and woundn't think about running extra board and quit. They have to be home. Which I think that "being home" thing is a little overrated. Also there is no terminal in Tifton Ga.

Georgia Terminals

Albany - ALB (042)
2202 Newton Road
Albany, GA 31707 (229) 434-1100 (229) 438-5015

Athens - ATH (047)
855 Newton Bridge Road
Athens, GA 30607 (706) 549-1310 (706) 549-3680

Atlanta - ATL (041)
5451 Highway 42
Ellenwood, GA 30294 (404) 361-2430 (404) 361-8077

Augusta - AUG (114)
1551 Doug Barnard Pkwy