pay

2wheeldriver

TB Lurker
Credits
Have a question. With Gordon opening here soon does the chain delivery or the local routes pay more. I was looking online and see where local says 50k-60k a year. That is low for 5 day work week. Do you guys go out like Sysco with 18 stops 900 cases if so that just seems low. I was looking maybe to go there but as of now making 75k plus in 4 days seems like to much of a pay cut to do the same thing for another company. Just a question I am not bashing. Just looking to the future.

Friday I was 13 stops 890 cases 21000 lbs.
Chains run 1 day routes, 2 day routes or 3 day routes. GFS drivers all kind of hover in between 50-70K a year. Usually 60K a year is the average give or take. I don't know if going from Sysco to GFS for you would be a good move I'd stay put at Sysco. You're there you're making good money and work 4 days a week. We generally don't run 18 stops. Heck some days are trucks are real heavy and other days not so much. Heck one day this week a guy went out with a 8,000lbs load.

Last Monday I was back in the yard at 11:30am ha! However Friday comes and I'm gone. GFS isn't bad, but you're probably making a sideways move in my opinion. Hope that helps. GFS is fine for me, because I wasn't at top pay scale somewhere else and make more now then I did at the beer company, better benefits too.

I think the Chains do make more then the local sales servicemen do. I'm local not chain. The job to get at GFS is the grocery store guys that's a 4 day a week gig about 65K a year and it's a cake job.

Another thing to think about, they may be understating the pay some in the ad so people aren't hacked off when they don't make as much as promised. Our ads usually say our guarantee of $1000/wk, but no one actually makes that little unless they call in a lot with no sick time left.

Another thing to think about, they may be understating the pay some in the ad so people aren't hacked off when they don't make as much as promised. Our ads usually say our guarantee of $1000/wk, but no one actually makes that little unless they call in a lot with no sick time left.
Which opco are you out of. Sysco right?