Holland | Paycheck

That guy is talking about the payroll being taken out be

dokman is talking about the date that paychecks were sent out because he is starting a 401k through payroll. None of those choices are available through the Teamsters 401k through our payroll. Your comments are going to confuse our brothers and sisters that are looking to use the payroll 401k as an alternative to the pension which is slowly dwindling away to nothing. I am trying to ask nicely, please quit posting things that are going to confuse most of the drivers on here that are new to 401k's. The Teamsters 401k through our payroll is not a self directed account!!!!!
Let me say that again, The Teamsters 401k through our payroll is not a self directed account! Your money will not be invested in Yellow, YRC or Holland! I feel bad if this thread confuses anyone. IMO, it is a great idea for anyone, especially if you are younger and the pension will run out of money before you retire. I have been invested in it for over 10 years with very good results. Good luck brothers!
401 k is an option it has nothing to do with YRC, you elect how much to have taken out of paycheck 1 to 89% then you make choices of plans offered, you can put up to 50% of money in account in to a “ self directed account” in which you can buy securities over 5 dollars in value, you can buy John Deere , Cat, Ford, Gm, Apple, Tesla etc. YRC has zero company match. So what you put in is yours.

That statement is totally incorrect!
You can not invest in Yellow stock through our 401k even if you wanted to. Please be careful not to mislead people with information that is not accurate.
I believe he was referring to pa
That statement is totally incorrect!
You can not invest in Yellow stock through our 401k even if you wanted to. Please be careful not to mislead people with information that is not accurate.
I believe he was referring to YRC stock option plan being offered through payroll deduction.

I believe he was referring to pa

I believe he was referring to YRC stock option plan being offered through payroll deduction.
Does Holland offer that?
We are talking a Holland driver and not a YRC driver aren't we?
I still think guys are making this sound very complicated and confusing and are going to scare some guys away from investing in a plan that would be very good for them with the slow death of the pension. If they think they are investing in YRC they probably won't invest in the Teamsters 401k, so if you guys are trying to scare guys away keep posting your stuff. I would think some of you would have others best interests in mind! Like I said before, this is a good idea and you will NOT be investing in YRC!

Does Holland offer that?
We are talking a Holland driver and not a YRC driver aren't we?
I still think guys are making this sound very complicated and confusing and are going to scare some guys away from investing in a plan that would be very good for them with the slow death of the pension. If they think they are investing in YRC they probably won't invest in the Teamsters 401k, so if you guys are trying to scare guys away keep posting your stuff. I would think some of you would have others best interests in mind! Like I said before, this is a good idea and you will NOT be investing in YRC!
Okay let’s explain.

Back in the 90’s the Teamsters put in the NMFC contract that the companies had to offer a 401 k option for its Union Employees, through payroll deductions. Back then there were a lot of Teamster companies under NMFC contract. Currently Prudential handles the 401k for Teamsters members, weather it be YRC , HOLLAND etc. There are options inside 401k that we will not discuss now. Teamsters nor any company can take your money, if you put money in it is yours to do as you please within Prudential guide lines.

Just this last month YRC sent out a post card that offers employees under YRCW umbrella the option through payroll deductions of 1% to 10% to buy YRC stock options through Fidelity. Completely separate of Teamster401k.

Teamster 401k is a excellent choice, you do not get match from company but you don’t pay tax on money going in just taxed on when it comes out.

so far...it sounds like nobody's wrong.....but we should compare apple to apples...oops. guess that would be oranges to yellows..or yellows to oranges....aw something like that. Holland has a 401k option. Holland has a stock purchase option for yrcw stock. if you have a 401k through Holland, i know you can have a self directed account that you can purchase securities that prudential sets some limits on and only 50% or your account can be in it. both options can be taken out of your check directly, but the stock option to directly buy YRC stock is only through the stock purchase option. if done through 401k, you have to go to the prudential site and buy it there under the self directed account( which i would never recommend). i agree, however that putting money into the 401k offered is a great backup for the pension many of us will never see. Further more, and with out prejudice, it's my fault, if you like, that Holland, under master freight agreement, has a 401k. i pushed...well maybe threatened....maybe cajoled..or just told corporate.... they had to offer it. even got a call from the president of Holland at the time. we chatted...he agreed...job done.

Heard Yellow name starting to appear on top of some pay checks stubs already ??
You must be right partner, because my bank notified me the electronic transfer shows coming from an address in, Orange, Missouri. Not sure what that’s all about?

so far...it sounds like nobody's wrong.....but we should compare apple to apples...oops. guess that would be oranges to yellows..or yellows to oranges....aw something like that. Holland has a 401k option. Holland has a stock purchase option for yrcw stock. if you have a 401k through Holland, i know you can have a self directed account that you can purchase securities that prudential sets some limits on and only 50% or your account can be in it. both options can be taken out of your check directly, but the stock option to directly buy YRC stock is only through the stock purchase option. if done through 401k, you have to go to the prudential site and buy it there under the self directed account( which i would never recommend). i agree, however that putting money into the 401k offered is a great backup for the pension many of us will never see. Further more, and with out prejudice, it's my fault, if you like, that Holland, under master freight agreement, has a 401k. i pushed...well maybe threatened....maybe cajoled..or just told corporate.... they had to offer it. even got a call from the president of Holland at the time. we chatted...he agreed...job done.
And when did you arrange that with Holland?

Okay let’s explain.

Back in the 90’s the Teamsters put in the NMFC contract that the companies had to offer a 401 k option for its Union Employees, through payroll deductions. Back then there were a lot of Teamster companies under NMFC contract. Currently Prudential handles the 401k for Teamsters members, weather it be YRC , HOLLAND etc. There are options inside 401k that we will not discuss now. Teamsters nor any company can take your money, if you put money in it is yours to do as you please within Prudential guide lines.

Just this last month YRC sent out a post card that offers employees under YRCW umbrella the option through payroll deductions of 1% to 10% to buy YRC stock options through Fidelity. Completely separate of Teamster401k.

Teamster 401k is a excellent choice, you do not get match from company but you don’t pay tax on money going in just taxed on when it comes out.
And when did you arrange that with Holland?
When the stock got under 2 bucks i tried online to switch money over to YRC and online it said I couldn't do it. But I never actually called and talked to a real live person, so maybe if I dropped a dime they would have explained the options the other guys are talking about?

When the stock got under 2 bucks i tried online to switch money over to YRC and online it said I couldn't do it. But I never actually called and talked to a real live person, so maybe if I dropped a dime they would have explained the options the other guys are talking about?
In my post on Jan 2 I stated they will not let you buy securities under 5 dollar a share. And the option recently offered to buy YRC stock through payroll deductions is not physical stock but options to buy stock, that is a whole different aninimal.

If The central bank is closed @MIDNIGHT on the date you are to be paid your pay is deposited the day before Take thanksgiving week pay day is Fri but your check is in the bank Wensday
It was the date the week was ended on, they ended week on 12/31 Thursday pay period should have been 1/1/2021 and gone on 21 payroll, but they started new payroll system on 1/1/2021 so now I see why they did that.

Anybody know how to turn off an ad blocker on a Samsung Android phone?
Its above my paygrade!