New Penn | Paycuts, when is enough, enough ?

Irishman107

TB Lurker
Credits
For everyone that says to vote yes. I am interested in knowing just how much will you give back before u say no more. Would you give back more money, start paying for some of ur Health, give up O/T pay etc....Just interested in how far ur go in our race to the bottom. Please just answer the question. Just interested in when enough is enough. Maybe I'm wrong in saying NO way. So what more would you sacrifice for this job????????

nobody's asking for more wage reductions etc. the deal now is this pension releif for yrcw.if you're looking to retire in next yr or two,yea it screws your plan up. if you got 5-8 yrs to go,ss and medicare help,the age for getting that will probaly go up anyhow, and many will have to work more yrs. than they wanted to because of that reason alone. voteing a yes ,is not a vote for a race to the bottom,as you put it. but a chance for npme to stay in business,even though the whole deal is based on yrcw's ability to remain afloat. this pension thing needs fixed, might as well get it done now. it's called mepp, not a 2 company plan that supports what was once 300+ companys, like it or not. it's as much the unions fault where were at for not seeing that times have chaged and so has this pension type funding when there's only 2 basic companys contrubuteing. think a wake up call was when ups was willing to give 6 billion to get out of cs,alone.while still haveing to contribute to the rest of the numerous funds in the country. cs blew through 6 billion in what, a yr and a half. and the companys? they should have forgotten ther hub and spoke way of running freight 10 yrs ago, not a year ago when the economey took the biggest ::shit:: any of us have lived through. running freight 100+ miles past the city it is to be delivered in, handeling it 3 more times than it needs to be handeled, and takeing days to do it. yrc needs volume to survive, and the only way for them to get it is if the ecomey gets back on track. there fixed costs are to great to operate as a low volume freight carrier. same as holland,that why we were called upon to handel the NE area,in a last ditch hope of lowering there total cost struture with out loseing there freight volume.but they don't even get it, you can't be profitable hauling freight for free,and you've got alot of the holland junk and see what i'm talking about. yet there probaly 100% into CS pension plan for there employees, endless black pit. maybe i got off your subject, but i think it's more than just how low or how much ::shit:: will we take. yrcw goes bellyup,and retires's pensions will go where? down and what we should get will be maybe 1/3rd if were lucky. abf won't be able to handle all the pension obligations on there own. well,i guess you could say if that happens they will have finally fixed the MEPP problem at the unionised ltl companys. so 14 months,which will probably be 2 yrs less credits for working, it's a gamble voteing yes, hopeing the economey gets alot better,just to save yrc,which in turn saves npme.it's also a gamble to save everyones pension retired or not ,that i'll take with a yes vote if it comes our way. our baltimore terminals pension plan just changed there earliest retirement age to 65, you think all the other plans won't do something along these same lines to keep solvent? to keep paying the already retired?that happened before anyone even got a chance to vote.

I don;t disagree with your thinking, but I think this ship is going down. They have too much debt already. Pension deferrement puts them more in debt. How much volume would they need to get just to keep up? I think they won't be able to. So a no vote for me. Not giving them more and we work for less while they continue to sink.

here is my offer to yrc or what ever they call it

NOTHING NADA ZIP SHUT THE DOORS and i say this simply because 2 great a debt to overcome

ans i'll also add the lack of management this yrc dunces are

i did not puy in 28yrs to this far backwards so i guess i'll end with

VOTE NO NO NO NO

Hopefully the banks can force YRCW to sell off anything they can before the end to recoup as much $ as possible. I'm still holding on to a glimmer of hope for NPME to bought!

I look at it this way if we vote no to givebacks and get shut down,then when we go to pyle,ccx or pitt ohio will be giving back there,so we cant win.

nobody's asking for more wage reductions etc. the deal now is this pension releif for yrcw.if you're looking to retire in next yr or two,yea it screws your plan up. if you got 5-8 yrs to go,ss and medicare help,the age for getting that will probaly go up anyhow, and many will have to work more yrs. than they wanted to because of that reason alone. voteing a yes ,is not a vote for a race to the bottom,as you put it. but a chance for npme to stay in business,even though the whole deal is based on yrcw's ability to remain afloat. this pension thing needs fixed, might as well get it done now. it's called mepp, not a 2 company plan that supports what was once 300+ companys, like it or not. it's as much the unions fault where were at for not seeing that times have chaged and so has this pension type funding when there's only 2 basic companys contrubuteing. think a wake up call was when ups was willing to give 6 billion to get out of cs,alone.while still haveing to contribute to the rest of the numerous funds in the country. cs blew through 6 billion in what, a yr and a half. and the companys? they should have forgotten ther hub and spoke way of running freight 10 yrs ago, not a year ago when the economey took the biggest ::shit:: any of us have lived through. running freight 100+ miles past the city it is to be delivered in, handeling it 3 more times than it needs to be handeled, and takeing days to do it. yrc needs volume to survive, and the only way for them to get it is if the ecomey gets back on track. there fixed costs are to great to operate as a low volume freight carrier. same as holland,that why we were called upon to handel the NE area,in a last ditch hope of lowering there total cost struture with out loseing there freight volume.but they don't even get it, you can't be profitable hauling freight for free,and you've got alot of the holland junk and see what i'm talking about. yet there probaly 100% into CS pension plan for there employees, endless black pit. maybe i got off your subject, but i think it's more than just how low or how much ::shit:: will we take. yrcw goes bellyup,and retires's pensions will go where? down and what we should get will be maybe 1/3rd if were lucky. abf won't be able to handle all the pension obligations on there own. well,i guess you could say if that happens they will have finally fixed the MEPP problem at the unionised ltl companys. so 14 months,which will probably be 2 yrs less credits for working, it's a gamble voteing yes, hopeing the economey gets alot better,just to save yrc,which in turn saves npme.it's also a gamble to save everyones pension retired or not ,that i'll take with a yes vote if it comes our way. our baltimore terminals pension plan just changed there earliest retirement age to 65, you think all the other plans won't do something along these same lines to keep solvent? to keep paying the already retired?that happened before anyone even got a chance to vote.

Very simple question and you didn't answer it. True there not asking for anything else but as I recall our paycut would be enough, now its the pension.whats next??? My question plan and simple with out a long winded speech is how much more would employees that are voting yes give up to try and keep this job. Wheres the bottom, when do u say no more.......

Go read the kids book: You give a mouse a cookie, then he wants a glass of milk, you give him the milk then he wants.....
this book could use YRC instead of the mouse as the main character....

Very simple question and you didn't answer it. True there not asking for anything else but as I recall our paycut would be enough, now its the pension.whats next??? My question plan and simple with out a long winded speech is how much more would employees that are voting yes give up to try and keep this job. Wheres the bottom, when do u say no more.......

Go read the kids book: You give a mouse a cookie, then he wants a glass of milk, you give him the milk then he wants.....
this book could use YRC instead of the mouse as the main character....

I will not give anymore. As fast as YRCW found buyers for all the real estate they unloaded earlier this year, they could find a buyer for New Penn. For all we know they have received numerous offers yet have turned them down. By keeping us under their corporate umbrella with Yellow, Roadway, and Holland they can continue to modify the NMFA into something similiar to UPSF white paper contract. Think about it-if we don't vote for concessions YRCW threatens to close us. They even have management visit our terminals and threaten us in person. Enough is enough. This job is tough enough without this daily worry of my job disappearing overnight. What is next? Will they start paying us by the mile, stop, and piece instead of hourly?

As I see it you vote no,go out of business.A .B.F. might hire 10 percent system wide the rest will fallto nonunion carriers or not find a job at all.The average starting wage at nonunion jobs is 15-17 dollars per hour family health plan about 110.00 out of your check per week,and no pension ever.I believe I will vote yes keep my 20.86 per hour my free to me medical coverage and hope to regain my pension down the line.the alternative is just to much of a cut to take.No one is banging on the doors to buy NewPenn,and if your lucky enough to catch on at ABF thanks to the New contract the first 13 weeks worked gets no pension contributions article 56 check it out.

As I see it you vote no,go out of business.A .B.F. might hire 10 percent system wide the rest will fallto nonunion carriers or not find a job at all.The average starting wage at nonunion jobs is 15-17 dollars per hour family health plan about 110.00 out of your check per week,and no pension ever.I believe I will vote yes keep my 20.86 per hour my free to me medical coverage and hope to regain my pension down the line.the alternative is just to much of a cut to take.No one is banging on the doors to buy NewPenn,and if your lucky enough to catch on at ABF thanks to the New contract the first 13 weeks worked gets no pension contributions article 56 check it out.

First of all ..did zollars tell you that no one is beating down the doors to buy newpenn? guess again...Why is it that zollars refused to answer the investors question during a conference call if newpenn was making money or not? Because he wants everyone to believe the economy is the cause of all this!! and all the companies are in financial problems. Vote yes and you win nothin!! you lose! vote no and atleast there is some chance for us to get out of yrc.
Vote yes and give yrc your pention money while u watch them go out of business anyway! it's your choice. But have some balls and say enough is enough.

allnighttrain,,you are so lost its pathetic... A race to the bottom?? we're at the bottom!!! vote no and see how we save newpenn... vote yes and give yrc more money while they close the doors!! Yrc has close to a billion in debt!! add the 500 million + from any pension deal and how much freight volume do u think they need or how much does the economy need to pick up for the, to stay even? it won't happen...yrc can't service what they have!! customers are leaving!! open your dam eyes!!

I dont like guys who come on here and try to tell other people how to vote,therefore np107 i am with lucky7,that man has common sense.

I don't think NP107 is telling anyone how to vote,he is telling his opinion of what might happen after the so-called vote is done.That is why we are having a vote..I think it is good to air out all the opinions so we all can make a logical choice..I have made mine,and I agree with NP107 and a few others who see it this way..But I also respect your opinion and your right to it,but to come on here and say you don't like someone because of his opinion,well,I think that is wrong.The last thing we need is a divided membership.

I am voting NO. enough is enough. There are customers leaving new penn now. I see it. I hear it every day. How much freight do we actually pick up and deliver on our own anymore. Not much. its alot of interline. They are selling our terminals to duie pyle!!!!! We can't get inbounds in earlier that 10 am every day. Hell a few weeks ago we had a inbound come in at 11:15. It was all camp hill and reading freight. We are in 16. (205 miles away) That is ridiculous. You ask about it. NO ONE CARES ANYMORE. This isn't New Penn anymore. I am done giving until I see some changes to try and restore profitability. I just don't see it happening.

D.J.
p.s.
I am going swimming now.

I am voting NO. enough is enough. There are customers leaving new penn now. I see it. I hear it every day. How much freight do we actually pick up and deliver on our own anymore. Not much. its alot of interline. They are selling our terminals to duie pyle!!!!! We can't get inbounds in earlier that 10 am every day. Hell a few weeks ago we had a inbound come in at 11:15. It was all camp hill and reading freight. We are in 16. (205 miles away) That is ridiculous. You ask about it. NO ONE CARES ANYMORE. This isn't New Penn anymore. I am done giving until I see some changes to try and restore profitability. I just don't see it happening.

D.J.
p.s.
I am going swimming now.

:clap::clap:I am going swimming also,but I don't have a pool :Off-Topic:so I will go drown myself in some Michelob and even some Heiniken because in a few weeks I will most likely be drinking no-frills beer:clap:

NP107 Its not a question of having balls,its more about setting your anger aside and analyzing the situation at hand logically ,coming up with the best answer for survival,and proceed from there.Thats what I did and presented my argument for a yes vote.You dont agree thats fine but ramp down the anger and think.Are you better off with your present position atN.P.or starting over at the bottom somewhere else for alot less money ,paying for your benefits out of pocket,and no pension ever!I dont think so and this fantasy of someone buying N.P. is just that a fantasy.

I see alot of new freight coming in too,the freight we lose is because of non unions doing it for almost free,new penn dont do it for free.

So i assume that you will work for anything above 17 a hour with a possible pension and free medical. YRC loves employees like this. I hope they dont read this board before the negotiations begin. To correct your previous statement:

Your numbers are way off on pay and Benefits for Non union Carriers. And by the way UPS freight is a union carrier who have a full pension and make close to what we make to start and at the end of there contract will be close to 26.00 a hour and pay 50 a week for medical for the life of contract.

Pitt ohio starts at 20 a hour with free medical(blue cross) better than our plan. Have a pension plan and a 401k match.

Fed ex freight 22.85 with 40 a week for medical 401K with a match plus quarterly bonus(cancelled for now like our Pension) and you save 60 in union dues.
I can name more if you like.....
So tell me who makes 15 a hour with 110.00 a week for medical and no pension or 401K match??

When is the last time you spoke to a fed ex freight driver,they are the most unhappy people,pitt ohio and ccx have given back,wage givebacks,vacations frozen and lost thier matches on there 401ks.