FedEx Freight | Pension 401k or portable pension

Which one are you choosing and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don’t have much time to figure it out ⏰
If you’re getting 5-6% now for the pension why even bother with the new one‍♂️You’d have to give up that FREE MONEY to get 4 1/2% with the new plan

Keeping the pension. For our family situation it makes the most sense. It can not be dipped into for loans or early withdrawals. The temptation to use retirement monies for emergencies, or a new roof, medical bills, etc., is just not there. I know not everyone has issues with that type of thing, but some of us have had to dip into funds. The 401k allows for these situations and the pension does not. ( :

Keeping the pension. For our family situation it makes the most sense. It can not be dipped into for loans or early withdrawals. The temptation to use retirement monies for emergencies, or a new roof, medical bills, etc., is just not there. I know not everyone has issues with that type of thing, but some of us have had to dip into funds. The 401k allows for these situations and the pension does not. ( :
Fair point as well.
Have a portion that saves you from yourself.

NEVER , NEVER dip into a 401K bad move .
I get what you are saying though Princess .

All of you, especially the younger guys, need to look at market returns. 8% is a real loser. The T. Rowe Price S&P Index fund has averaged 14.57% over the last ten years. This year to date, it's at 17.12%. Taking a fixed return makes no sense in a constantly changing economy. Index funds invest in 500 different stocks and are professionally managed. It's a no brainer to make them the core of your investment or retirement plan.
The foot note of your post should mention. The corporate welfare; asset purchases by the federal reserve, deficit spending and the corporate tax cut. The good times will eventually end.

The foot note of your post should mention. The corporate welfare; asset purchases by the federal reserve, deficit spending and the corporate tax cut. The good times will eventually end.

It's not hard to do 10%,and with 20min of research, you can easily do 12-14% over a decade, which is what you should shoot for. Good times or not. It's doable.