Yellow | pension and health care???

newpenn107

TB Regular
Credits
Thats why we all stayed in the job, we had good benefits!!! pass this new deal and you'll have nothing along with your lost wages.. If anyone thinks the International leaders and some local leaders don't need to be voted out then give me what you're smoking

Time to dump our leaders that Think this is a good idea for us. While we continue to take a hit in the wallet, they vote themselves raises. Enough is Enough.

You guys realize yellow is never gonna pay into the pension again right? Another thing dollar bill and our glorious teamster leaders have their multiple pensions all set up and ready to go? Once again the workin man gets SCREWED!!!

Teamster officials know something that most haven't realized yet,its over in freight and things are never going to be like they were so you can vote no and go out and see what most of us that are on layoff all ready know(MOST JOBS ARE MUCH WORSE).Bottom line is we are just dockworkers and truckdrivers and the days of 80k-100k yr are over,if you need that income you better go to school.

Vote your teamster leaders out ? You won't have any teamster leaders after the company goes broke ! You'll be driving for Schneider , if your lucky !

You guys realize yellow is never gonna pay into the pension again right? Another thing dollar bill and our glorious teamster leaders have their multiple pensions all set up and ready to go? Once again the workin man gets SCREWED!!!
I believe you meant to say YRC, correct?

Getting SCREWED?

Yeah, I saw that sign. It said, "Welcome to 309."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at least they agreed to go back into the pension at 25% of the July 1, 2009 rate - which will get us nothing. Some people might believe that it will get 1 year of credit for 4 years of service, but I don't think so. Will have to wait and see what Central States says, but my guess is that it will mean 0% future accruals through the end of this agreement in 2015!!

Spaghetti, It will always be yellow to me. Who else would buy roadway for over 1 billion, Then USF for over 1 billion the next year (all on credit). Then have the balls to want us to bail them out for their childish financial mistakes? Not to mention their long history of buying good companies out, Striping them for all they are worth then closing them down! Who gives a sh#t about the workers...... So yes it will always be chicken sh#t yellow fu#kin freight to me!!!

Spaghetti, It will always be yellow to me. Who else would buy roadway for over 1 billion, Then USF for over 1 billion the next year (all on credit). Then have the balls to want us to bail them out for their childish financial mistakes? Not to mention their long history of buying good companies out, Striping them for all they are worth then closing them down! Who gives a sh#t about the workers...... So yes it will always be chicken sh#t yellow fu#kin freight to me!!!
I have no control over what the company decides to do? What is amazing is I didn't see anyone from former Roushe Family attending the union meeting, once again. Hmm, imagine that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Monthly Pension Benefit?!

Well at least they agreed to go back into the pension at 25% of the July 1, 2009 rate - which will get us nothing. Some people might believe that it will get 1 year of credit for 4 years of service, but I don't think so. Will have to wait and see what Central States says, but my guess is that it will mean 0% future accruals through the end of this agreement in 2015!!
Tex, My records show that contribution rate to Central States before Aug 1, 2009 was $56.00 a day/$280.00 a week. That was $14,560.00 a year x 1% = $145.60 a year accrual to our pension. At 25% of that or $14.00 a day/$70.00 a week it will be $3640.00 a year x 1% = $36.40 a year accrual to our pension. At that rate after 30 years it would only be $1092.00 a month pension benefit! $1092.00 a month is not too bad a monthly pension benefit if this was 1980 instead of 2010! Need a lot of explanation from the fund before I cast my ballot!;)

The company is facing major challenges, including sustaining liquidity, dilution of preferred stock, loss of customers and a weak LTL market. The company is making unrelenting efforts to deter total financial collapse. Despite prudent moves to manage liquidity, we believe YRC Worldwide must continue to consume cash for operations.

you want what?

joeebrown02.jpg

and when do you want it?