TForce | Pension Benefits

Canadian_mester

TB Lurker
Credits
We were told we’d get a package explaining our years of service and what we could expect on the pension by August, this is the last day of August, anybody received anything explaining what we can expect?

It will come when it gets here.
I think a few people are going be puzzled, when they see they lost a few years because of workers comp. If you don't get at least 1500 hrs or at least 750 hrs(100% or 50%) in a year you get no earned benefit for that year.

One of our top RDDR was supposed to retire in late September. He was told he could still retire as scheduled 58 years old and 30 years service for what it’s worth.

One of our top RDDR was supposed to retire in late September. He was told he could still retire as scheduled 58 years old and 30 years service for what it’s worth.
55 with 30 , 60 with 25, or at 65 .
You can retire at 55 with 20 years but at reduced payments until 65

On UPSERS.com the retirement calculator has been disabled for TFI people.
Send a request for retirement estimate to [email protected], they will e-mail you a form, send it back then in about 2 weeks you will get your estimate.

Screenshot-5.md.png

In my case, they tell me I have 5 different pension calculations over the past 29 years.
Union Pacific, Overnite, UPS {non-union}, UPS {Union}, and now TFI.
I'm at the point I don't give a :crap:. Time to get out...
It's actually pretty good, all things considered, but I hoped for more..
We shall see....

I have figured it out about a 1000 times but,if TFI comes up with a smaller figure than mine,do you really think they're gonna give me the higher amount?
Duh.I want a concrete figure!
TFI gave me a separate statement, barely a tank of gas a month...

If you have 30 years you'll end up with around , 3k per month.
I know someone who retired with 30 years. Worked for ovnt, then ups.
The amount can't be changed by the company, the pensions are run according to law and administration separate from the companies control.
I am personally waiting to see if they buy it out in 2023.

Last edited:
Drove by your Kansas City terminal this morning. Saw 2 brand new yard tractors on a TForce flat bed including your new TForce logo.

If you have 30 years you'll end up with around , 3k per month.
I know someone who retired with 30 years. Worked for ovnt, then ups.
The amount can't be changed by the company, the pensions are run according to law and administration separate from the companies control.
I am personally waiting to see if they buy it out in 2023.
If you have 30 years in. UPS will not buy you out. It's cheaper to bet the odd's you will die early from the 20 covid pounds you gained.

If you have 30 years in. UPS will not buy you out. It's cheaper to bet the odd's you will die early from the 20 covid pounds you gained.
The only way TFI can legally end the pension is by a vote or a buyout. Ups is no longer in the picture.

I retired last September for my pension payments to begin October 1st. I had 29 years and 5 months at 59 years old (18 days shy of 60) I got my 100 percent full pension with no penalties and the UPSF retirement calculator was spot on to the penny. There are some things to consider on what you will end up with for your total monthly payment. The percentage of taxes you have taken out and what you elect for your annuity. Single 100% joint 50% joint 75% and so on. There are eight different annuity options. Then there is your healthcare option. these will all effect your monthly payment. My complete retirement transaction went smooth and I got exactly what I expected from my pension. I am very greatful.