TForce | Pension Buyout?

If the dollar is devalued, how does getting more in the future help. It will be more worthless inflationary paper. If you want to preserve what you have, buy gold and silver and other precious metals of intrinsic value.

Gold just 5 or 6 years ago was $256 per ounce.
Today one ounce is $711.
Silver was $6 per ounce and today is $14.

Animo916 :1036316054:

In the last 20 years gold has been up and down and basically gone nowhere since it does not pay you interest while you are waiting for gold to go up in value.
Not only does gold not pay you anything while you hold it, you have to pay to hide it in a bank vault unless you don't mind having it stolen by keeping it under the bed.
The other bad thing about gold is that you have to buy it at retail price and when you want to sell it you only get wholesale price from the dealer.
Now you could buy 5% of your portfolio in gold ETFs or gold mining stocks. Just stay away from gold coins.

:smilie_132:

overnite pension

I worked at overnite from 1985 to 1991. I have moved & am trying to find out how I can get "withdraw" my pension from overnite.
I no longer even recieve statements from them.

Any advise out there??

contact the GO

How do I get the contact # for Go in Richmond?? I tried to google search & must not be putting something in right because I cannot find a valid contact person/number...

:funky:
I worked at overnite from 1985 to 1991. I have moved & am trying to find out how I can get "withdraw" my pension from overnite.
I no longer even recieve statements from them.

Any advise out there??

Hey, While you are at it, ask them if the want to sighn a card.:biglaugh::smilie_132:

Lmedley,
You might not be aware that the employees are quickly signing cards to join the Teamsters Union. That's what the card comment was about.

Hello, I am a former SOH overnite employee. Just wondering like the other user about the pension I should be getting at retirement. Im still a ways off til that time as I am only 42 right now. I worked at SOH from 1994-2003 Do you know if there are buy-outs for the pensions? I haven't had communication since the UPS take over. Just wondering if you could help me out with this info. Thanks

There is no buy out that I am aware of. You should expect to receive the same pension ratio payout for the years of service you had with Overnite when you become eligible at your retirement age or date.