XPO | Pension info

The 25% isn’t the problem ? Is it the solution ? Are you kidding me ?
If you would read up on it, they did cut yellow retirees by using the distressed employer clause....yellow retirees are already getting less....current yellow people pay in at 25% and accrue at 25%....read up on it and educate yourself...

I have funded my own retirement.... you can justify it by saying it's not the government's fault, but apparently they don't agree with you....this is what they put on the table....I've said it before, but if they had come up with a different solution, such as dividing up the fund and giving it to the members I would have supported that...it isn't fair to guys putting money in there right now to get nothing when they retire....I'm not in central states by the way....my fund has no insolvency date, unless they take the money, then it has an insolvency date of 2051....I will most likely be dead by then or close to it and I hope they don't take the money for the sake of the younger guys after me...that wouldn't be fair to them...

That’s great. But doesn’t speak to the point. It’s not your money if you took it from someone else.

I’ll gladly pay you tomorrow for a cheeseburger today.

If you would read up on it, they did cut yellow retirees by using the distressed employer clause....yellow retirees are already getting less....current yellow people pay in at 25% and accrue at 25%....read up on it and educate yourself...

Already aware of that. And still you don’t understand. It’s not your money if you took it from someone else.

Already aware of that. And still you don’t understand. It’s not your money if you took it from someone else.
We can agree to disagree.... but I will say perhaps you should be upset about all these things the government wastes money on rather than being upset over working taxpayers getting a break....

So you demand money because you were promised ? We were all promised a fair and open free market. You know, capitalism. So, I want reimbursed for every penny spent on that company and its employees.

Union employees can opt out of the political portion of their dues. Truck drivers should be able to opt out of paying taxes for their competitors benefit.

And now onto deflection.
Ok.....nope I'm not demanding anything....they could have solved this many other ways but this is what they chose....wasn't my choice or yours they did it and it doesn't matter what either of us believes....does it? Will us arguing magically change anything? Nope so that is why I was ending this civilly and no I wasn't deflecting....you believe what you believe is the right thing, as I believe what I believe is right....

Ok.....nope I'm not demanding anything....they could have solved this many other ways but this is what they chose....wasn't my choice or yours they did it and it doesn't matter what either of us believes....does it? Will us arguing magically change anything? Nope so that is why I was ending this civilly and no I wasn't deflecting....you believe what you believe is the right thing, as I believe what I believe is right....

That company should have been dead and buried. That specific pension is a scam.

It’s not your money if you took it from someone else.

Stealing from others because you got stole from is not a solution.

That company should have been dead and buried. That specific pension is a scam.

It’s not your money if you took it from someone else.

Stealing from others because you got stole from is not a solution.
The company I'm sure was bailed out due to political favors. I do understand what you are saying, but like I said they could have done something different like ended the fund and divided it up or had PBGC take it over and figure it out...but they didn't.... I don't benefit from this at all and as a matter of fact my tax money is going for it also.... so it still comes down to they did what they did....

The company I'm sure was bailed out due to political favors. I do understand what you are saying, but like I said they could have done something different like ended the fund and divided it up or had PBGC take it over and figure it out...but they didn't.... I don't benefit from this at all and as a matter of fact my tax money is going for it also.... so it still comes down to they did what they did....

Truth. Still not cool.