XPO | Pension info

It's not the tax payers responsibility to pay for the Teamsters pension period! It's not fair for people that don't have a pension to pay for someone else's pension. Just because the Government had to start monitoring the Teamsters in 1982 doesn't mean that it's their responsibility to keep it solvent. Teamsters mismanaged it and they should fix it or let the Company go away.
The Government mismanaged it not the Teamsters!

YEP, I'm sitting at home and drawing $4430 a month.....Thank You TEAMSTERS!!

If it’s company money. Good for you. If it is government money , you are just another “ trigger “ ( pick whatever insult you feel suits yourself best. Doesn’t matter what I type here. It will be censored. So be creative. ).

The biggest problem with this country is the invasive nature of the government. The states should have the power not the federal government. The federal government is controlled by large corporations. And they control you. Where’s the freedom in that ?

If it’s company money. Good for you. If it is government money , you are just another “ trigger “ ( pick whatever insult you feel suits yourself best. Doesn’t matter what I type here. It will be censored. So be creative. ).

The biggest problem with this country is the invasive nature of the government. The states should have the power not the federal government. The federal government is controlled by large corporations. And they control you. Where’s the freedom in that ?
Well there goes tonights sleep thinking that your insulting me. Your funny, and an easy target

And its not the company money nor the governments, it's MY money, same as Social Security. I paid into it for over 40 years and I want it back, period. Get over it!! Have a nice day. Ive enjoyed getting your blood pressure up, but it's getting boring now

And its not the company money nor the governments, it's MY money, same as Social Security. I paid into it for over 40 years and I want it back, period. Get over it!! Have a nice day. Ive enjoyed getting your blood pressure up, but it's getting boring now

It’s not YOUR money if you took it from someone else.

We were told in info meeting this morning that we would receive info in mail bout pension changes . You could start withdrawing at 59 1/2 and possibility of cashing out. Anyone else hear this .
I called the benefits office today. Was told no one will receive pension payments till February 1, of next year. She said October was the announcement of the new program, February is when it starts. Imagine that…………..

I called the benefits office today. Was told no one will receive pension payments till February 1, of next year. She said October was the announcement of the new program, February is when it starts. Imagine that…………..
Any reduction if You take the payment while you continue to work?

The Government mismanaged it not the Teamsters!
I call out your BS on that, You must not know the history of the Teamsters, Millions of Dollars went to Mobsters directly from the pension fund. On top of that, mismanaged Union Companies didn't fund their part on behalf of their employees .

I call out your BS on that, You must not know the history of the Teamsters, Millions of Dollars went to Mobsters directly from the pension fund. On top of that, mismanaged Union Companies didn't fund their part on behalf of their employees .
We will say for a second you are right...our government is supposed to prosecute criminals...who went to jail? Did the Feds do the job to recover the money? Federal bankruptcy laws put pension funds last on the list to collect......How can the funds collect anything?
How is this a fault of the rank and file?

We will say for a second you are right...our government is supposed to prosecute criminals...who went to jail? Did the Feds do the job to recover the money? Federal bankruptcy laws put pension funds last on the list to collect......How can the funds collect anything?
How is this a fault of the rank and file?

How is it the fault of the tax payers ? How did we become responsible ?

How is it the fault of the tax payers ? How did we become responsible ?
I never said it was......the bailout happened and that is what was on the table...my fund has no insolvency date, but it is eligible for funding due to cuts.....they could have divided up the money between participants(which i think would have been fair) but they (Congress)chose to bail them out....the taxpayers became involved due to the government not exploring all the options.....truth be told I hope my fund doesn't take any money...without the bailout no insolvency, with bailout there is a date in 2051...I will most likely be dead by then but I would rather that the fund is solvent past 2051 for the younger guys...

Last edited: