Yellow | Pension really fixed, not so sure

He saved our pension, that makes every thing O.K. c'mon man.
Is that the correct spelling of c'mon man.
It shouldn't have been that tough of a decision, politicians have bailed out how many companies,, banks, automakers, bailing out hard working blue collar people should have been a no brainer, making him out to be a hero for something that should have been a given, we shall see when his term is done, job killer joe

Wow that is an interesting comment.
Wall Street was to blame for pension problems?
I respect your comments KK , you need to brush up on that one.
The pension is just short of a Ponzi scheme. Those paying in while working help pay for one’s retired. PERIOD…….
Plan should never have have been Defined Benefits but should have been Defined Contribution.
Always amazed that a dock guy working 40 to 50 hours a week on platform for 30 years will get same pension as line haul working 6 nights a week for 30 years.
Every payment should have been each individual not collective pool.
Some pension plans were devastated from loss of paying members in areas that were harder hit by loss of manufacturing jobs and industrial jobs which resulted in fewer need of drivers and consequently less contributions.Not to mention loss of Teamsters jobs as a whole.
If pension money would have been structured that each employee had x amount of dollars for each hour or mile put in his or her account then the less you work the less you get the more you work more you get.
The operator union has a plan that is just like that. I know ok guys making 4,400 to 4,500 after 30 years. Everyone is different because of hours worked.
Simple solution everyone should plan on their own financial situation at retirement and not plan on SS or pensions. We have been hogwashed with a carrot shoved up the hogs rear end and been given a side of bull crap too go with it, plain and simple.
Not really. We fought to secure Pensions until 2051. If things start to get worse again, then y'all need to get your collective bargained asses out there and lobby and fight for it as the Retirees did. I will help you all I can at that time and will need to keep myself busy at age 96!

I would not take for granted any story by a site that is owned by Dow Jones. Wall St. is the one that caused this mess in 2007-2008 with our Pensions. Go to the central States Forum on here if you want to get ALL of the stories by those who have been fighting to save of pensions for over 7 years now.
You are questioning the integrity of the Dow Jones reporter. Kennesaw Kid do you also question the integrity of the Trustees from the NEW YORK TEAMSTER CONFERENCE pension fund. Who expressed the same concerns in a letter to the PBGC? A letter that can be reviewed on their web sight.

You are questioning the integrity of the Dow Jones reporter. Kennesaw Kid do you also question the integrity of the Trustees from the NEW YORK TEAMSTER CONFERENCE pension fund. Who expressed the same concerns in a letter to the PBGC? A letter that can be reviewed on their web sight.
I question anything that comes from Dow Jones or anything else that supports the rats on Wall St. that got our pensions screwed up. Now, are you in the Western Plan, New York Plan? You talk about California, then you talk about New York and that you are from VA. Which one is it? Goodbye Felicia!