Yellow | Pension

Everydayissat

TB Lurker
Credits
Today the New York State Teamsters have applied for SFA for full restoration of benefits plus retro. PBGC now have 120 days to review and then the fund has 90 days to issue payments. This is a great day for NYS Teamsters!

Yes a great day but when is Yellow going to make full pension payments again? I should be able to retire too with a full pension.

Yellow has the money to pay employees to go to other terminals to work,Restore my pension.They pay 100.00extra per day, food allowance 42.00 a day,Mileage to terminal,Hotel. They have no money for my pension BS,

Yellow has the money to pay employees to go to other terminals to work,Restore my pension.They pay 100.00extra per day, food allowance 42.00 a day,Mileage to terminal,Hotel. They have no money for my pension BS,
Not taking the companies side, but the expenses for the traveling employees is minuscule compared to the full pension payments. Just saying.

Never going to happen. That would mean paying 4 times what they pay now. The money just isn't there.

Seems like a lot of people haven’t spoken with the people that run their locals.

The money is available to any local that meets the criteria (which is all locals) if the local applies.

Yellow is not going to increase pension payments until they have to
which means when it is negotiated into the contract.

I know my local officers have said it’s something they want to make priority when the contract negotiations start.

That being said anyone who thinks Yellow is going to what the full contribution was all at once isn’t living in reality. Yellow no longer has the excuse that contributing to funds that will be bankrupt is sensless, this infusion of money keeps the plans alive.

Let your locals know pension contribution increases is a must in future contract negotiations.

Seems like a lot of people haven’t spoken with the people that run their locals.

The money is available to any local that meets the criteria (which is all locals) if the local applies.

Yellow is not going to increase pension payments until they have to
which means when it is negotiated into the contract.

I know my local officers have said it’s something they want to make priority when the contract negotiations start.

That being said anyone who thinks Yellow is going to what the full contribution was all at once isn’t living in reality. Yellow no longer has the excuse that contributing to funds that will be bankrupt is sensless, this infusion of money keeps the plans alive.

Let your locals know pension contribution increases is a must in future contract negotiations.
Local officers tell you whatever you want to hear. Their multiple pensions are safe. In the end, you will be told how hard they fought for you but the higher ups who negotiate the contracts didn't make it happen.

Local officers tell you whatever you want to hear. Their multiple pensions are safe. In the end, you will be told how hard they fought for you but the higher ups who negotiate the contracts didn't make it happen.
It is almost like you have an insider view of being a local officer....lmao....too bad your locals voters didn't know of your dishonesty when you were voted in....

Never going to happen. That would mean paying 4 times what they pay now. The money just isn't there.
Had they voted NO in 2014 the 2nd time, they could have pushed for the step-up contract that the ABF members held out for....the Yes Voters screwed it all up....say what you want, but you know they did! A bunch of Mesters, not Teamsters! You would be on the same scale as ABF is now....SMH

Food for thought, with the influx of money from treasury dept., could the funds become over funded (if right investments are made) and no increase in contributions be required, came from a local where years ago we had too much money, changed it to 20 and out any age, had guys and gals retire late 30s, early 40s, i think we were 135% funded

Ask the Yes voters.
If it weren't for the "Yes" voters Yellow would very likely be in the "Boneyard" forum now. The yes vote was a requirement of the investment banks in order to refinance the heavy debt. And the Teamsters themselves had auditors examine the finances of Yellow before reccomending the "Yes" vote. You know all that. SMH.

If it weren't for the "Yes" voters Yellow would very likely be in the "Boneyard" forum now. The yes vote was a requirement of the investment banks in order to refinance the heavy debt. And the Teamsters themselves had auditors examine the finances of Yellow before reccomending the "Yes" vote. You know all that. SMH.
Not to speak for KK but I read the article and the main union person talking said he felt as though there should be some negotiation...

Not to speak for KK but I read the article and I the main union person talking said he felt as though there should be some negotiation...
8 years ago, if you just voted NO the 2nd time, we could have gotten the step-up contract that ABF held out for, and would be way ahead of the game. We voted NO after this story came out. We had a 2nd vote and many chickened out and voted yes. YRCW held back their 4Q report which was to come right after the 1st vote but delayed it until after the 2nd vote. When the weak knee Teamsters voted yes, they released it, and LOW AND BEHOLD, the company made its first profit of over $400k in the 4Q. Had that been released we would have voted NO the 2nd time and got that better contract...Oh, well.... and I will keep reminding those yes voters of this until the day I die (and even then I have others who will continue this post for me!)
Don't start all those cussing comments....comment with some adult structure.

8 years ago, if you just voted NO the 2nd time, we could have gotten the step-up contract that ABF held out for, and would be way ahead of the game. We voted NO after this story came out. We had a 2nd vote and many chickened out and voted yes. YRCW held back their 4Q report which was to come right after the 1st vote but delayed it until after the 2nd vote. When the weak knee Teamsters voted yes, they released it, and LOW AND BEHOLD, the company made its first profit of over $400k in the 4Q. Had that been released we would have voted NO the 2nd time and got that better contract...Oh, well.... and I will keep reminding those yes voters of this until the day I die (and even then I have others who will continue this post for me!)
Don't start all those cussing comments....comment with some adult structure.
Making 400,000 in a qtr for a multi billion dollar company is not much to brag about, regardless which side of the fence you were on.

How did YRC go from a 9 billion dollar company to 4 billion with all the help from the hourly workers?

Beat that drum, but not everyone hears the same song.