ABF | Pension

The union has nothing to do with pension funds. I got everything I had coming. If you can't survive two months without a check, you can't afford to retire.
That first 2 months were very hard on me when I retired.
I started a Gofundme page on TB, and the guys chipped in and gave me $231,500.21.
Thanks to a great bunch of guys.

The union has nothing to do with pension funds. I got everything I had coming. If you can't survive two months without a check, you can't afford to retire.
The teamster member's pay into the fund, the teamsters set on the board of trustees and in their contract's, the teamster's set up the fund's and negotiate contributions. I would say it's a teamster's pension fund. However, your right, the IBT does not run the pension funds.. Looks to me that the union does have a lot to do with the pension's. Everything about it has union written all over it.

And when you're dead on the 5th, how do the fund beneficiaries get their money back?
Blade, my question wasn't what day I died and how the money got returned to the fund. What if I died on the 29th, what then? My question was, (If what you say is true, then why did I receive a check in the middle of December?) According to your statement's I should not have received my first check until Jan 1st (paying my Dec benefits) and then on Feb 1st (paying my Jan benefits) etc. etc. etc.

That's not what I experienced, as I stated before {my official quit date was Nov 26th, the check I got from CSPF was dated Dec 14th. This tells me that the check I got in December was retroactive back to Dec 1st}

Blade, I'm not saying your completely wrong, I'm sure there a pension fund's that operate the way you state, however the CSPF doesn't.

Keep in mind there are multiple pension funds (I think over 50) and they all operate differently, with different rules and policies. With that said I respect your posting's and your thought's, that's what's so cool about this forum, is that we have a difference of opinions & experience's, and we can all learn from each other. Remember we are located from one coast to the other, and thing's do operate differently depending on your location.

As far as my death on the 5th is concerned I have to agree with ROADY "That's their problem, he will be dead" LMAO

Teamsters don't pay into the funds, employers do, you have union trustees and employer trustees, Health, welfare and pension funds are separate from the local/union
Chapp, your right the teamsters don't pay into the fund, I stated "The teamster member's pay into the fund". As part of the negotiated contract, it's part of your benefit package as a teamster member that it gets paid on your behalf through the company. However, you are accurate on the trustees, and I totally agree with you, I apologize in choosing the wrong verbiage to explain myself. I was just trying to emphasize that our pensions are all about teamster's, cause without us they wouldn't exist.

Chapp, your right the teamsters don't pay into the fund, I stated "The teamster member's pay into the fund". As part of the negotiated contract, it's part of your benefit package as a teamster member that it gets paid on your behalf through the company. However, you are accurate on the trustees, and I totally agree with you, I apologize in choosing the wrong verbiage to explain myself. I was just trying to emphasize that our pensions are all about teamster's, cause without us they wouldn't exist.
No need to apologize, honest mistake