Pepsi Strike in Indiana? S**b jobs available $20hr

They could have offered me 100.00 an hour and I wouldn't have crossed that strike line, even 1k an hour, not only is it a good way to get hurt, its just the wrong thing to do, ***** are just that...a covering on the sore, its sad that guys would even entertain crossing a strike line, they may as well spit in the face of the men on strike.

They could have offered me 100.00 an hour and I wouldn't have crossed that strike line, even 1k an hour, not only is it a good way to get hurt, its just the wrong thing to do, ***** are just that...a covering on the sore, its sad that guys would even entertain crossing a strike line, they may as well spit in the face of the men on strike.

I have the opposite feeling. If it was a little closer I would have enjoyed thumbing my nose at the people out of work. The same union that wouldn't let me take a leave of absence even though its in the contract.

I have the opposite feeling. If it was a little closer I would have enjoyed thumbing my nose at the people out of work. The same union that wouldn't let me take a leave of absence even though its in the contract.

Hope you get your knees busted and your tires flattened

As you know the union enforces the contract, do you mean the company wouldn't let you take leave? If you mean a leave from the union ya need only take a withdrawl.

Why would you want to thumb your nose at the folks out of work? It ain't there fault that you had what you perceive as a bad experience, I can only say WOW to your statement, I'm disappointed in your thinking, as a Teamster, and as a human.

As you know the union enforces the contract, do you mean the company wouldn't let you take leave? If you mean a leave from the union ya need only take a withdrawl.

Why would you want to thumb your nose at the folks out of work? It ain't there fault that you had what you perceive as a bad experience, I can only say WOW to your statement, I'm disappointed in your thinking, as a Teamster, and as a human.

The company would not let me take a leave of absence and the union would not enforce it. You are correct. They said something about paying health insurance and pension, but that was never even an option. They wonder why people hate unions? I just hate one particular union.

I don't know what to say truckinus, your in a better place now anyway, I am still in awe of your post about crossing the strike line, it really hit me hard for some reason, I don't know why but it did.

I don't know what to say truckinus, your in a better place now anyway, I am still in awe of your post about crossing the strike line, it really hit me hard for some reason, I don't know why but it did.

I agree with your opinion of this disgruntled former "union" driver Grocery Thrower. It's ashame there are people who have had something bad happen to to them and they wish to inflict their negativity on others. How about moving on with his life and realizing that the world is not always fair to us everyday! Sometimes we just have to take the high road and hope that tomorrow is better. It may take a while but, eventually you only get treated as good as you have treated others.

The company would not let me take a leave of absence and the union would not enforce it. You are correct. They said something about paying health insurance and pension, but that was never even an option. They wonder why people hate unions? I just hate one particular union.

I noticed that you are a former YRC (Dallas) employee. If you were seeking this leave of absence while working there, then there is very clear language in NMFA Southern Region Supplement about this. It is under Article 43, Section 2. It clearly states that you must have written permission from both the Union and the Employer and that you must pay for your full Health/Welfare contributions up front for the amount of time that you are taking this leave of absence. So, you are mad at the Teamsters for following the contract as it is written? And, because of this you now hate all union people? Unbelievable. Like Grocery Thrower, I am completely blown away by this.

He should have contacted the IBT for the information he most desperately was seeking. As the brother stated misinformed or lack of communication is always bad to your cause when trying to get something done.:shrug: