FedEx Freight | Personal Phone

On just about every residential delivery our morning guy calls customer (notify charge Cha Ching) and in the conversation you can hear the customer what time will your driver deliver. Morning guy - can’t pin point a time but I will have the driver call you 30 minutes in advance. So when we get our DR’S in the notes it will say driver must call with a 30 minute notice. So when the driver doesn’t call the CCM will ask why you didn’t call.
And when we send a message on the handhelds no response even if they do call the customer.

On just about every residential delivery our morning guy calls customer (notify charge Cha Ching) and in the conversation you can hear the customer what time will your driver deliver. Morning guy - can’t pin point a time but I will have the driver call you 30 minutes in advance. So when we get our DR’S in the notes it will say driver must call with a 30 minute notice. So when the driver doesn’t call the CCM will ask why you didn’t call.
It is hard to pin point times on residential especially. But I always called back to terminal and told office to please call so and so, I will be there in 20 min.

You kinda missed the point no can do with my personal phone unless the company pays me to use it I make more money using the handheld waiting for a response in the future this will recoup the $150 fine for my spouse to be on my insurance. The company needs to maximize the tools we have and answer the message quickly. Remember the quote on our last video hey team it’s execution time for freight 20/20 kinda forgot to mention and by the way we are gonna screw SOME of you on the insurance.

This one is easy, just treat the customer like every other company treats us...”our driver will attempt to make your delivery between 10am and 2pm, we will give a courtesy call should our driver be running late. Have a great day!”

You kinda missed the point no can do with my personal phone unless the company pays me to use it I make more money using the handheld waiting for a response in the future this will recoup the $150 fine for my spouse to be on my insurance. The company needs to maximize the tools we have and answer the message quickly. Remember the quote on our last video hey team it’s execution time for freight 20/20 kinda forgot to mention and by the way we are gonna screw SOME of you on the insurance.

I feel for you man, but are you really surprised? We always get screwed get a raise then take part of it back with insurance, status que around this place.

Last edited:
So use your handheld. Didn’t say you had to use your phone. If your are really adamant about this, either leave your cell in your car at work, or shut it off.

So use your handheld. Didn’t say you had to use your phone. If your are really adamant about this, either leave your cell in your car at work, or shut it off.

Exactly. You can't use it to phone in OS&D's, or make or receive calls to dispatch, and then complain if they "expect" you to use it if there's no other viable option.

The no use of my personal phone seems to be working I’ve convinced others not too use their phone also. Dispatch not very happy stating it’s to inconvenient having to respond over the freight 20/20 handhelds. (Hey team it’s execution time for freight 2020)
Would it not be against company policy for management to encourage cell use? Even if stopped?

You send a msg to dispatch saying I'll be there in 30min. Then you go to your del and wait. It's there job to call Not yours. This might get them to turn on the phones on these handhelds. Then they can tell you to call on their dime.

To those that were city drivers ~20 years ago....what did you do?

Remember using the customers phone?

Remember having the stack of quarters?

Man...these new age guys can’t get anything done.
Well I sure didn’t make easy money wasting time by using the company’s provided but not preferred way of communication trying to recoup the $150 spouse fine that everyone is not subjected too. It was p/d not check every little box scan this tag call in every time something was a little scratched and make sure you have everything little detail. And there was a rule I think #6 have fun. Wow now that was fun.

Well I sure didn’t make easy money wasting time by using the company’s provided but not preferred way of communication trying to recoup the $150 spouse fine that everyone is not subjected too. It was p/d not check every little box scan this tag call in every time something was a little scratched and make sure you have everything little detail. And there was a rule I think #6 have fun. Wow now that was fun.
Why doesn’t your spouse get insurance through her employer? Let me guess, it’s very expensive.

Why doesn’t your spouse get insurance through her employer? Let me guess, it’s very expensive.
About $80 a month but fedex will pay other coworkers spouses because they don’t work or they have a cleaning company making about 70k. And they will fall into the loophole and not subject to the fine but will still be covered by our company seems a little unfair.

About $80 a month but fedex will pay other coworkers spouses because they don’t work or they have a cleaning company making about 70k. And they will fall into the loophole and not subject to the fine but will still be covered by our company seems a little unfair.
Very simple if I pay the fine I make $1800 less and the driver with the non working spouse business as usual. Should be every spouse that’s the only reason I’m yelling from the rooftop.