FedEx Freight | Personal Phone

most people that work here can't count
Oh now y’all are just poking fun of me. Everyone will see the 18 per month increase. The people who will supplement the non working spouse and the exempt spouses such as I will have the $150/$1800 that’s 150x12=$1800 to cover my spouse. So all spouses are covered by the payers like me.

Oh now y’all are just poking fun of me. Everyone will see the 18 per month increase. The people who will supplement the non working spouse and the exempt spouses such as I will have the $150/$1800 that’s 150x12=$1800 to cover my spouse. So all spouses are covered by the payers like me.
Just a little sarcasm to end the day.

Very simple if I pay the fine I make $1800 less and the driver with the non working spouse business as usual. Should be every spouse that’s the only reason I’m yelling from the rooftop.
Just like the people that it's just them and a spouse. Why isn't it only going up $4 per mo? The single person is Going up $2 more a mo. So how can they just put a # like $18 per mo for family. Sorry Uncle Fred I DONT HAVE 9 PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY.

Just like the people that it's just them and a spouse. Why isn't it only going up $4 per mo? The single person is Going up $2 more a mo. So how can they just put a # like $18 per mo for family. Sorry Uncle Fred I DONT HAVE 9 PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY.
Finally some common sense I have 2 kids and a spouse I should pay more. That’s why we need 4 tier plan (employee)-(employee plus dependents)- (employee-dependents with spouse up charge) -(employee & spouse up charge) and offer quality insurance price it accordingly.

To those that were city drivers ~20 years ago....what did you do?

Remember using the customers phone?

Remember having the stack of quarters?

Man...these new age guys can’t get anything done.
When I was at Spartan Express/Viking we had the alphanumeric pagers that the company supplied. That was how they sent your pickups. Pieces, weight, ready time and close time. After that came the good ol bag phone. 30 minutes for 30 bucks a month.

To those that were city drivers ~20 years ago....what did you do?

Remember using the customers phone?

Remember having the stack of quarters?

Man...these new age guys can’t get anything done.

Customer phone? Sure, when you are actually at a customer. Fine for calling in. Not so much for calling OTHER customers.

Stack or quarters? Negative. There has always been an 800 number for calling the Company.

Can't get anything done? Actually you have things backwards. The Company benefits greatly by relying on assets that the driver brings...

Cell phone - Saves quite a bit of time, rather than looking for public phones.
GPS - Time saved vs studying maps, calling for directions, etc. benefits the Corp bottom line. I like Maps. They actually teach you something, while GPS only gets you there, with little overview. GPS does save time.

A Company of this stature, that claims to be Technologically advanced, SHOULD provide both, rather than rely on driver to provide them.

Customer phone? Sure, when you are actually at a customer. Fine for calling in. Not so much for calling OTHER customers.

Stack or quarters? Negative. There has always been an 800 number for calling the Company.

Can't get anything done? Actually you have things backwards. The Company benefits greatly by relying on assets that the driver brings...

GPS - Time saved vs studying maps, calling for directions, etc. benefits the Corp bottom line. I like Maps. They actually teach you something, while GPS only gets you there, with little overview. GPS does save time.

A Company of this stature, that claims to be Technologically advanced, SHOULD provide both, rather than rely on driver to provide them.
Seems Fedex claims to be or do a lot of stuff that they aren’t or don’t.

Any information on the new line haul handhelds I heard the cell phone feature will be activated soon.

New handheld will eventually be used for all of that. Functionality just hasn't been turned on yet.
Maps as well.

Drivers will also do their own OS&D exceptions.

They told us about these functions and camera back in January, it’s nine months later I don’t think it takes that long to turn anything on. I think they don’t want pay for these functions when they know most drivers are going to use their cell phone for free and it won’t cost the company anything. Is there any instances of people getting in trouble for not using their own personal phone that anyone knows of?

They told us about these functions and camera back in January, it’s nine months later I don’t think it takes that long to turn anything on. I think they don’t want pay for these functions when they know most drivers are going to use their cell phone for free and it won’t cost the company anything. Is there any instances of people getting in trouble for not using their own personal phone that anyone knows of?

Central dispatch asked me if I was driving one time and I said no and right then someone cut in front of me and the wingman went off. He told me I wasn't supposed to be on the phone while driving and I told him I wouldn't be except I did't feel like being on hold for longer than it takes to drop and hook at my via because someone is too lazy to load my next trip at this particular center as had been the case. Never heard anymore about it but I was cold busted lol.

Central dispatch asked me if I was driving one time and I said no and right then someone cut in front of me and the wingman went off. He told me I wasn't supposed to be on the phone while driving and I told him I wouldn't be except I did't feel like being on hold for longer than it takes to drop and hook at my via because someone is too lazy to load my next trip at this particular center as had been the case. Never heard anymore about it but I was cold busted lol.
I called Central while exiting the highway thinking by the time they answered I’d be at the meet point but nooooo, they picked up right away. He asked if I was driving, I told him yes, and he hung up!! Called right back and it took someone else almost 10 mins to answer the phone!!

I learned my lesson...

Kinda like a reweigh charge easy money.
Not using my personal phone is working. Its adding about 10 to 15 minutes extra to my day which equals about one hour per week. 27.43 times 48 weeks (-4 weeks vacation) $1316.64 per year. Might just keep the spouse on my insurance and let the company cover the spousal discrimination charge of $1800.00. And if factor in the raise and the peak season just might make a profit.

Not using my personal phone is working. Its adding about 10 to 15 minutes extra to my day which equals about one hour per week. 27.43 times 48 weeks (-4 weeks vacation) $1316.64 per year. Might just keep the spouse on my insurance and let the company cover the spousal discrimination charge of $1800.00. And if factor in the raise and the peak season just might make a profit.
Watched the monthly corporate video tonight. John S. said we had the most advanced technological handhelds. Sounds like John agrees with me no sense in anyone having to use a personal cell phone for company business.