FedEx Freight | Personal & sick time question

princess

smh..
Credits
What is the formula they use to come up with it?

It sure does accumulate fast!! Did they change it recently or was I jsut not paying attention all along?
One week he has 50 hours and all of a sudden it seems as though he has another 9 hours..Not complaining though..it is just more than I thought he had:)

Every week we get some time added (.62 ) It does build fast if you don't ever use it. I would sugest to use it personal / sick time will be lost if you get fired.

Smokestack said:
Every week we get some time added (.62 ) It does build fast if you don't ever use it. I would sugest to use it personal / sick time will be lost if you get fired.

Geez, that sucks...never heard that before...

I always thought drivers should try to accumulate as much as allowed in case of emergencies like sickness and such..

That is just the way I do things . I keep that low .
But I have tons of vacation time , which they will have to pay me for if I get fired ,
unlike sick time which the company can keep if it wants.

We really don't have "sick" time. Even if you hve the time built up, if you call in sick more than twice in a 6 month period you will get a write up. You can use personal days if pre-approved. Go figure.

ETexSanta said:
We really don't have "sick" time. Even if you hve the time built up, if you call in sick more than twice in a 6 month period you will get a write up. You can use personal days if pre-approved. Go figure.
Didn't you have a bare spot on that wall needing something to cover it anyway?

Depending on what State you live in, In some States the Company is not required to pay vacation time built up if the employee is fired.

Smokestack said:
That is just the way I do things . I keep that low .
But I have tons of vacation time , which they will have to pay me for if I get fired ,
unlike sick time which the company can keep if it wants.

princess said:
What is the formula they use to come up with it?

It sure does accumulate fast!! Did they change it recently or was I jsut not paying attention all along?
One week he has 50 hours and all of a sudden it seems as though he has another 9 hours..Not complaining though..it is just more than I thought he had:)

They add vacation time once a month since they redid the system a little over a yr ago, if you are at 3 weeks a yr then you get 10 hrs added a month, 120 hrs \ 12 months = 10hr.

Personal time is added to weekly. Same deal, works out to around .6 hrs a week for 32 hrs a yr or 4 days.

FM

I just recently got a love letter as i call it for being off legititmatly sick even going to the hospital for test's but i still got written up,sick time yeh right. and some fo you guy's wonder why i;m bitter sometime.

I let my personal time build up to over 100 hrs they cut it back to 80 hrs and cut me a check for the difference that happened twice.

roogie said:
We've got one due in November, your turn! :bgroovy:

roog

congratulations roog I have a little girl on the way in July told them today two weeks off after the little one comes its our first,told em give me a hard time I will make it 3 weeks FMLA you know tehetehe:bgroovy:

everyone tells me life as I know it will be over after the baby comes sleeping all day will be out I guess we will see mama will be home staying home after the baby comes

Off topic.. But...

For those expecting babies...:bgroovy:

Buy the book "The Baby Whisperer" by Tracy Hogg... here are forums and you can get the book there too..
http://www.babywhisperer.com/smf/

Buy 2 of these..they are a miracle.. I used mine until 5 months old...baby slept 4-5 hours at a time by 6 weeks with it..
http://www.miracleblanket.com/viewpoint.htm
Buy online. Or I bought mine from a dealer on Ebay..

Buy one of these..Hands free shopping and can be worn for hours and hours..I still use mine and my son is 7 months and 20 pounds already...
http://www.babybjorn.com/TemplatesWeb/ProductInfo.asp?itemid=27
Can buy at most stores Like Babies R Us and Baby depot..

This works great starting around 2 months of age..brand new product and you can use it anywhere..it is wonderful..
http://www.bumbobabyseat.com/
Can buy at most stores Like Babies R Us and Baby depot..

You could surprise your wives for Mothers Day with them all..:goodvibes:

glenn said:
I let my personal time build up to over 100 hrs they cut it back to 80 hrs and cut me a check for the difference that happened twice.
I was told that personal days can stack up indefinatly but vacation you can only bank so many weeks ( 4, I think, correct me if I'm wrong )and they cut you a check for 1 week.