Holland | Peterbilt question

Not always true. I'm too tired to start typing all the different combinations but sliding the 5th wheel back only works on certain tractors with certain mud flaps.

Not always true. I'm too tired to start typing all the different combinations but sliding the 5th wheel back only works on certain tractors with certain mud flaps.
You are correct! Holland Peterbilt’s 5th wheel will not slide far enough to clear the mudflaps. The easy fix is to turn around the spring style hanger to make the mud flap closer to the tires. I have done it, it works!

You are correct! Holland Peterbilt’s 5th wheel will not slide far enough to clear the mudflaps. The easy fix is to turn around the spring style hanger to make the mud flap closer to the tires. I have done it, it works!
Thank you! There are also 2 kinds of mud flaps on the Freightliners, the ones that angle down on the outside will clear a pup with 5th wheel back but the straight ones that I had on my 18 series I just got rid of would not clear when you turned even with 5th wheel all the way back. The 18 series also had those tube shaped brackets that do not come off for easy removal.