Petition To Stop MEPF Cuts

I calls em as I sees em. This pension, and SSI will both be used up, gone, by the time younger guys are due to collect. I'm in my 60s. Give me half, and i can make it work. With no cuts I'll get a year or two, then zero. So, no, I can't just decide to make a plan. People younger than me in their 50s, can't just make a plan. Teamsters always preached equality. So I'm for equality. Everyone gets half, so no one gets ZERO...

A guy that's 45 with 20 yrs can't retire til 65. He'll be 65 with 40 yrs, and get ZERO. Denying him from getting anything at all is ultimate greed.

You sound like you have been in this racket a long time you know you never accept the first offer in a contract this is the same principal there is always wiggle room the issue here they say this the best and final offer but is it????

Your figures are fine for today but as I understand it the fund will not go broke over night there is still plenty of time to look at other options or plans How are other funds staying in the green what are they doing and why has the CSP not followed their example.
The funds that are funded went thru the same financial crisis as CSP..
There seem to be a lot of unanswered questions,

You sound like you have been in this racket a long time you know you never accept the first offer in a contract this is the same principal there is always wiggle room the issue here they say this the best and final offer but is it????

Your figures are fine for today but as I understand it the fund will not go broke over night there is still plenty of time to look at other options or plans How are other funds staying in the green what are they doing and why has the CSP not followed their example.
The funds that are funded went thru the same financial crisis as CSP..
There seem to be a lot of unanswered questions,
I don't like how it was done but it has been done, and as fairly as possible. To reject it (it won't be), kicks the can down the road ten more years,until the fund is broke we've seen this coming since 99-2000. It didn't sneak up on anybody. We've all gotten letters yearly about Critical Status.

Treasury will approve it and Congress won't stop it. Congress had its hands full keeping SSI afloat. Those funds are broke too...

I don't like how it was done but it has been done, and as fairly as possible. To reject it (it won't be), kicks the can down the road ten more years,until the fund is broke we've seen this coming since 99-2000. It didn't sneak up on anybody. We've all gotten letters yearly about Critical Status.

Treasury will approve it and Congress won't stop it. Congress had its hands full keeping SSI afloat. Those funds are broke too...

99/2000 By my count that is 15 years and they are still going broke I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but something sure does not add up here you seem to be good with figures how could this fund be mismanaged for all those years when other funds like 705 were endangered but seemed to be doing pretty good and they went thru the same financial crisis as CSP...
There is a dead snake in this wood pile and someone needs to find it.
In your mind these cuts will save CSP if they have not or could not save it in 15 years what makes you think this will save it especially if the same people are running it that have ran it for the last 15 years....

You look at this as negotiation. Its not. Negotiations imply a company bringing money in for us. What company? CF? Mclean? Campbells66?

We aren't negotiating. Were trying to see that all 410,000 get something, instead of nothing that some funds have. That takes cuts to all . I'm sorry that you seem to not care about 200,000 teamsters. If we don't act, eventually Treasury will. Math is math.

You look at this as negotiation. Its not. Negotiations imply a company bringing money in for us. What company? CF? Mclean? Campbells66?

We aren't negotiating. Were trying to see that all 410,000 get something, instead of nothing that some funds have. That takes cuts to all . I'm sorry that you seem to not care about 200,000 teamsters. If we don't act, eventually Treasury will. Math is math.

Math is math 15 years in the critical stage and you seem to believe these cuts are going to fix things for future retirees if the fund has not been saved in 15 years what makes you think this will do the trick you seem to like the phrase kick the can down the road what would you call these cuts.

Same people running the fund same companies investing the money what makes you think anything will change other than the time it takes to break the fund completely..

Math is math 15 years in the critical stage and you seem to believe these cuts are going to fix things for future retirees if the fund has not been saved in 15 years what makes you think this will do the trick you seem to like the phrase kick the can down the road what would you call these cuts.

Same people running the fund same companies investing the money what makes you think a

Your determined to put 200,000 teamsters to zero. I'm not. Neither of us appears flexible, so I'm done here.