PFG Orientation?!

Energizer03

TB Lurker
Credits
I hope everyone is doing well. If you guys and gals could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I've been offered a position with a PFG up here in the North East. Will be starting orientation as a route driver for a shuttle yard in a few weeks. What does the orientation consist of? I've already done all the test and background checks. Any help is greatly appreciated. Stay safe!

Basically sign a few papers, watch some safety videos and do some simple tests on the computer, learn some of the rules, get info on benefits and how the pay system works, just simple stuff, nothing major. The real training starts once you start working as a helper with a delivery driver.

Thanks MGarcia! It seems like PFG is a pretty good outfit from what I hear. I used to sling sodas for Coke a few years back so j just have to get back in the groove of things. Was just a little concerned that the orientation was like most companies where they wait until you get to class before doing their dudiligence (hopefully I spelled that right lol) and would send you back home for something petty. I had USA truck do that and this was after I had quite a descent job to come work for them. That's one reason why I try to steer clear of the "mega carriers".

Thanks MGarcia! It seems like PFG is a pretty good outfit from what I hear. I used to sling sodas for Coke a few years back so j just have to get back in the groove of things. Was just a little concerned that the orientation was like most companies where they wait until you get to class before doing their dudiligence (hopefully I spelled that right lol) and would send you back home for something petty. I had USA truck do that and this was after I had quite a descent job to come work for them. That's one reason why I try to steer clear of the "mega carriers".
I've been here for like four weeks or so and it is pretty good so far but as long as you don't have to many citations or accidents on your record or you surprise them with something you didn't disclose on your application, you should be fine. They check all that during orientation and they want all the details for their records. :thumbsdown:

I've been here for like four weeks or so and it is pretty good so far but as long as you don't have to many citations or accidents on your record or you surprise them with something you didn't disclose on your application, you should be fine. They check all that during orientation and they want all the details for their records. :thumbsdown:

Yeah I pretty much disclosed all violations that I had during my interview and I'm thinking they would have caught something in the background check. It took a few days for that to come back but I was told everything looked fine and got the invitation to orientation. So it sounds like for the most part you have the job if they set you up for class. I'm leaving a descent job and don't want no surprises.