ABF | Phantom Auto

ArcBest just invested $25 million into this company. They make remote control forklifts amongst other things….
I saw that on Facebook. Good luck getting them to unload the oversized junk we haul. I see that working only in a warehouse that is perfectly flat and clean with clear paths and floor loaded freight that is perfectly square. I guess the robot gets the easy loads while you and I have to work the garbage.

I saw that on Facebook. Good luck getting them to unload the oversized junk we haul. I see that working only in a warehouse that is perfectly flat and clean with clear paths and floor loaded freight that is perfectly square. I guess the robot gets the easy loads while you and I have to work the garbage.
Ya I don’t see that happening in ltl. I believe they will sell them to warehouses like you said. It’s just amazing they have the money for that but we have 6 Kelly dock plates we can’t get replaced, they have cones in front of those doors for the last 3 years. We have at least 8 doors out of 40 we can’t use because of neglect & the Kelly plates that do work take two people….

Ya I don’t see that happening in ltl. I believe they will sell them to warehouses like you said. It’s just amazing they have the money for that but we have 6 Kelly dock plates we can’t get replaced, they have cones in front of those doors for the last 3 years. We have at least 8 doors out of 40 we can’t use because of neglect & the Kelly plates that do work take two people….
Sounds like your manager doesn't want to spend money on basic maintenance. Does that mean a smaller bonus for him if he does?

Greivences HA.

If they really had something to greivance about was winning a unemployment case against a particular outfit after quitting for cause, unaddressed greivences. Now they howled. And actually quit hiring drivers from my state after losing so much.

All they had to do is spend about 400 dollars, half a day and its all fixed. Get a few more years out of me until something comes up again. But no. They addressed nothing until I quit.

The cycling of drivers as disposable replacements and failing to address valid problems as they come up (Spend a dollar then... or a thousand) and is unaddressed, driver quits replaced by another.

And the industry whines about not having drivers... well they were abused too much for too long. And thats that. No tears for them. They brought it on themselves since deregulation days.

I forgot. When installing load bars the artificial intelligence fork lift needs to pull the lever back on the load bar so it fits in the track. And doing it with a bent load bar. von.

Last edited:
How about TB members list the things a dock worker does today in loading & unloading that a artificial intelligence fork lift could not do. von.